dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:You shove it in the left corner pocket (cheek) and blow in their face. Makes them gulp/swallow.

It seems I have to just put it on him gums. She (the vet) just called. They pulled a ton a teeth so far.
I hope the cat is 8 or 9 (top end estimate of age) because he'll be toothless if he is young at this rate!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
dontwantaname wrote:It seems I have to just put it on him gums. She (the vet) just called. They pulled a ton a teeth so far.
I hope the cat is 8 or 9 (top end estimate of age) because he'll be toothless if he is young at this rate!

My cat is all but toothless at this point. He had some kind of allergy to the enamel on his teeth, I guess? Anyway, they came out on their own, and he gets along just fine. Still tries to bite, eats regular food (well, eats anything he can beg, borrow or steal).

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:My cat is all but toothless at this point. He had some kind of allergy to the enamel on his teeth, I guess? Anyway, they came out on their own, and he gets along just fine. Still tries to bite, eats regular food (well, eats anything he can beg, borrow or steal).

Good to know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello everyone. Had a pedicure, now working on the kitchen. Was supposed to do that the other day, but got sidetracked.

Finally getting people to RSVP for Labor Day. 80% did right away, but that left me with about nine (big eaters) who hadn't let me know. I'm down to three, so I sent out the food assignments this morning.

It's unfortunate that's it's supposed to be in the 90s Labor Day because that means I'm going to have 35 people in the house. Good thing for the addition or we'd be getting really cozy. The AC's going to be struggling.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hello everyone. Had a pedicure, now working on the kitchen. Was supposed to do that the other day, but got sidetracked.

Finally getting people to RSVP for Labor Day. 80% did right away, but that left me with about nine (big eaters) who hadn't let me know. I'm down to three, so I sent out the food assignments this morning.

It's unfortunate that's it's supposed to be in the 90s Labor Day because that means I'm going to have 35 people in the house. Good thing for the addition or we'd be getting really cozy. The AC's going to be struggling.

You didn't invite us.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You didn't invite us.

You're always welcome.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I just did the pain meds for the cat. I hope some got where it was suppose to be.
I was suppose to get it on the gums, but by the time I got into his mouth, he was up to the serious growl...so I just shot it in.

It was in a syringe with no needle on it.

The rats were easier than this.
Doesn't help that in a higherarchy (sorry spellcheck won't even guess) of 3 people in the cats daily life, I rank 3.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I just did the pain meds for the cat. I hope some got where it was suppose to be.
I was suppose to get it on the gums, but by the time I got into his mouth, he was up to the serious growl...so I just shot it in.

It was in a syringe with no needle on it.

The rats were easier than this.
Doesn't help that in a higherarchy (sorry spellcheck won't even guess) of 3 people in the cats daily life, I rank 3.

Then 1 or 2 should be doing the meds.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Then 1 or 2 should be doing the meds.

Pffff
One is gone and the other doesn't do pet dirty work.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

My right wrist started hurting during dinner. Put a wrist thingie on that helped some. Proofed a 50-page job with a lot of difficulty. This better clear up fast. I need to get ready for Monday.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all. Management training all morning,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I hope they supply coffee.
It's going to be ~ 105 today so at least I'll be in a/c.

In the end only kindness matters

avosgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo

Good morning! Completely overcast today after big thunderstorms last night. I swear it was rumbling all night!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We only did a little over a mile today on the beach. Our old bones are hurting. The weather is still beautiful. All of SC has been declared a disaster area due to crop flooding. Veggie prices are way up.

Mavyn

Morning!

Cooler here, starting to see a few trees with red and orange leaves. Fall's on the way!

avosgo

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Cooler here, starting to see a few trees with red and orange leaves. Fall's on the way!

I love fall! YAY!!! I definitely take it for granted though as I find it funny that so many people flock to our area to see the leaves!

Mavyn

avosgo wrote:I love fall! YAY!!! I definitely take it for granted though as I find it funny that so many people flock to our area to see the leaves!

My first trip to visit my ex-inlaws, in western NY was in winter. Everyone kept telling to 'picture everything green!' Next visit was in summer...and everyone kept telling me to 'picture everything orange and red!'

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:My right wrist started hurting during dinner. Put a wrist thingie on that helped some. Proofed a 50-page job with a lot of difficulty. This better clear up fast. I need to get ready for Monday.

How is it doing?

My lab tests came back and it looks like the knee has rheumatoid arthritis, not osteoarthritis.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

A few leaves have changed her too.

very few, but there are some, if you are looking.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:How is it doing?

My lab tests came back and it looks like the knee has rheumatoid arthritis, not osteoarthritis.

What's the difference?

pooflady

Supposed to be in the 90s again with high humidity. Some leaves falling from the tulip poplar. Sigh. Summer went fast this year. Again.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

mornin, er, ah, afternoon. Taking some time off. Not starting off well....on day 2 of a major headache

wanna shave JoeyHairballCockerSpaniel down but too freakin humid.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin, er, ah, afternoon. Taking some time off. Not starting off well....on day 2 of a major headache

wanna shave JoeyHairballCockerSpaniel down but too freakin humid.

Feel better

10 teeth taken out on Scratchy. Is that in any way normal???? Vet only mentioned teeth cleaning for the first time last year.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
dontwantaname wrote:Feel better

10 teeth taken out on Scratchy. Is that in any way normal???? Vet only mentioned teeth cleaning for the first time last year.

yeah, sometimes you can't tell the extent of dental disease when examining an awake animal. Once asleep it's much easier to see, esp if they also do dental xrays. He will feel much better with the nasty teeth out

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:yeah, sometimes you can't tell the extent of dental disease when examining an awake animal. Once asleep it's much easier to see, esp if they also do dental xrays. He will feel much better with the nasty teeth out

Ooooh, D'name, he might like you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ooooh, D'name, he might like you.

He did purr at me today.

His face is a little thinner. Maybe he is a different cat!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:
It must take an operation to get rid of them. Just emptying them doesn't work.

I was blessed with the ganglian cyst on my finger, so far they have only needed to drain it once. The one on my foot has been hanging around and getting bigger until I stepped on it with my other heal and kind of mushed it. It's still there, just smaller. I thought I might have to go to the podiatrist as it was beginning to interfer with wearing shoes. Way back in high school I had one on my foot, my youngest sister accidently dropped a three inch hard bound book on it and it went away.

Road update. We had nine inches of rain weekend before last. Normally they would grade the road within a week. Nothing. People whose road was in better shape than mine had theirs graded. I got ticked and wrote another email. started by mentioning that I noticed no work had been done since I called DEP. Went on to say the road had a MAJOR rut and this was not acceptable. Told him I wanted the bad spot fixed by Friday or I would be calling the County Commissioners. They graded the road today.

I was also told by the garbage company that to get the garbage picked up I would need to take the can up to 280. Only a 3/4 mile walk! Thankfully my neighbors up the road are going to come get it tonight. I haven't had service in a month and it is full to the top.

I will be so glad when the road is fixed and that part of my life gets back to normal!!!

Dad report. He is having more trouble swallowing so he decided to go to an onocologist to see if they can help any. We have an appointment tomorrow.

Just in case life wasn't interesting enough our regular driver's husband fell again and the Dr. told her to stay with him until he is more stable. Our back up driver fell and hurt her arm. It is infected now so she won't be driving for a while. If they treat dad he will probably need to go daily. Getting rides could be interesting!

Then my cousin gets married Saturday afternoon. She's actually a 3rd cousin, a really sweet young lady.

Final update. We have had sun three days in a row with no rain. I think this is the first time this month we have had so much sun.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:I was blessed with the ganglian cyst on my finger, so far they have only needed to drain it once. The one on my foot has been hanging around and getting bigger until I stepped on it with my other heal and kind of mushed it. It's still there, just smaller. I thought I might have to go to the podiatrist as it was beginning to interfer with wearing shoes. Way back in high school I had one on my foot, my youngest sister accidently dropped a three inch hard bound book on it and it went away.

Road update. We had nine inches of rain weekend before last. Normally they would grade the road within a week. Nothing. People whose road was in better shape than mine had theirs graded. I got ticked and wrote another email. started by mentioning that I noticed no work had been done since I called DEP. Went on to say the road had a MAJOR rut and this was not acceptable. Told him I wanted the bad spot fixed by Friday or I would be calling the County Commissioners. They graded the road today.

I was also told by the garbage company that to get the garbage picked up I would need to take the can up to 280. Only a 3/4 mile walk! Thankfully my neighbors up the road are going to come get it tonight. I haven't had service in a month and it is full to the top.

I will be so glad when the road is fixed and that part of my life gets back to normal!!!

Dad report. He is having more trouble swallowing so he decided to go to an onocologist to see if they can help any. We have an appointment tomorrow.

Just in case life wasn't interesting enough our regular driver's husband fell again and the Dr. told her to stay with him until he is more stable. Our back up driver fell and hurt her arm. It is infected now so she won't be driving for a while. If they treat dad he will probably need to go daily. Getting rides could be interesting!

Then my cousin gets married Saturday afternoon. She's actually a 3rd cousin, a really sweet young lady.

Final update. We have had sun three days in a row with no rain. I think this is the first time this month we have had so much sun.

About 40 years ago husband had a ganglion removed from the top of his foot. I was getting concerned because the surgery was taking a lot longer than I'd been told. The surgeon later told me it was because they found three tendons in the top of the foot instead of the usual two and they had to do some maneuvering.

Good luck with everything, Jaws.

pooflady

Ordered the chicken today. They had no good coupons this year. Still, not awful. Ordered 75 pieces, 25 of each (I don't get wings) for $1.09 each.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ordered the chicken today. They had no good coupons this year. Still, not awful. Ordered 75 pieces, 25 of each (I don't get wings) for $1.09 each.

I like wings.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:I like wings.

i liked the beetles bettar.

Mavyn

Morning!

Have to meet the guys to have the grinder pump replaced today. At least, I'm hoping it will be today...other option is Tuesday, and already have a slew of stuff going on then.

Had to remove the blackberry-from-hell last night, so am sporting battle wounds today. Fun times. There's another pile that needs to be torn out under the deck, too...not looking forward to it.

avosgo

Have to meet the guys to have the grinder pump replaced today. At least, I'm hoping it will be today...other option is Tuesday, and already have a slew of stuff going on then.

Had to remove the blackberry-from-hell last night, so am sporting battle wounds today. Fun times. There's another pile that needs to be torn out under the deck, too...not looking forward to it.

Is it wrong of me to wonder what was so difficult about removing a "phone" and how one gets injured in doing so? *Slaps head* aw, technology! (and lack of coffee)

Mavyn

avosgo wrote:Is it wrong of me to wonder what was so difficult about removing a "phone" and how one gets injured in doing so? *Slaps head* aw, technology! (and lack of coffee)

The thought of someone putting this blackberry in their pocket makes me squirm. Spines an inch long, ouch!

pooflady

avosgo wrote:Is it wrong of me to wonder what was so difficult about removing a "phone" and how one gets injured in doing so? *Slaps head* aw, technology! (and lack of coffee)

LOL - I was thinking the same thing.

pooflady

I'd like to know why, within taking no more than two bites of a pancake with syrup, the handle on your fork is sticky, your fingers are sticky, and the handle on your coffee cup is sticky. Impossible to do otherwise.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Sorry again for the absence. Been a busy week.

Son's blood test came back showing high thyroid levels. Second test showed normal. Gonna recheck when he's home for Christmas.

We head to GA 9/12 to get him moved back in.

Poof, it's because the handle on the syrup bottle is sticky.

PS: Don't miss the disturbing video for Wine Cellars on Wine.Woot.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi folks.
Next time don't buy the S & M blackberry with the optional thorns.

That is why I'm thinking I'll cement under any area I would deck.

Scratchy is still mad we won't let him into the dirty basement.
Should have done some research before the teeth cleaning and realized he would want to hide.
The basement is prime hiding space.

Could have at least vacuumed it.

He is off pain killers tomorrow, so maybe he can go down soon.

Poop has been made, but breakfast has not been eaten.

Hubby is home, so off to look at cars again.

//sigh

Why did they stop giving spare tires or even a space a tire would fit?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning all. Sorry again for the absence. Been a busy week.

Son's blood test came back showing high thyroid levels. Second test showed normal. Gonna recheck when he's home for Christmas.

We head to GA 9/12 to get him moved back in.

Poof, it's because the handle on the syrup bottle is sticky.

PS: Don't miss the disturbing video for Wine Cellars on Wine.Woot.

Why are you testing blood?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Why are you testing blood?

He's been really lethargic. Wasn't sure if it was depression (he inherited it from both me and dad) or something else. We go to an Internist so it's always blood tests. Best to test to see if there's something medical. Seems like for now, he's just a lazy ass.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

I didn't buy the plant, it was here when we bought the house. It's an invasive weed--I've chopped it down several times and pulled roots til my hands bled. It comes back. Will be painting it with ground clear soon.