dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:He's been really lethargic. Wasn't sure if it was depression (he inherited it from both me and dad) or something else. We go to an Internist so it's always blood tests. Best to test to see if there's something medical. Seems like for now, he's just a lazy ass.

That isn;t normal?

I'm suppose to do something?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:That isn;t normal?

I'm suppose to do something?

From now on I'm telling people it's my thyroid.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sounds good to me.

Tummy suddenly started hurting while hubby was test driving a car.

It wasn't the car. Just went away.

OK, time for dinner.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

m-I-l called Mrs Ice today and mid way through the conversation casually mentions the a/c in the area where they spend most of the day went out yesterday. IT'S BEEN 105 THE LAST 4 DAYS! I'm thinking they might want to mention this before now. (It's not like we haven't talked to them everyday)I have 2 portable units I could have brought over and have running within 30 minutes....Yeeeesh

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:m-I-l called Mrs Ice today and mid way through the conversation casually mentions the a/c in the area where they spend most of the day went out yesterday. IT'S BEEN 105 THE LAST 4 DAYS! I'm thinking they might want to mention this before now. (It's not like we haven't talked to them everyday)I have 2 portable units I could have brought over and have running within 30 minutes....Yeeeesh

Was it because "it's no big deal" to them or they "didn't want to bother you" or they didn't realize there was a quick solution?

And how's Mrs. Ice doing now?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:m-I-l called Mrs Ice today and mid way through the conversation casually mentions the a/c in the area where they spend most of the day went out yesterday. IT'S BEEN 105 THE LAST 4 DAYS! I'm thinking they might want to mention this before now. (It's not like we haven't talked to them everyday)I have 2 portable units I could have brought over and have running within 30 minutes....Yeeeesh

My m i l use to say she would go without food before AC. She was serious. Hubby's childhood home had AC when almost nobody did.
Now she wears sweaters in the summer.
Maybe they didn't think it was that hot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Dad update

CT scan showed large cancerous mass pressing on dad's esophagus. Dr recommended 10 radiation treatments to start next Wed. My aunt by marriage, who dad strongly dislikes, is having radiation at same place. If we can schedule it could get rides with her for most days. Dad even agreed to it as long as she brings us home right home afterwards. It would make life so much easier then trying to find rides for 10 days in a row. We'll see.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:Dad update

CT scan showed large cancerous mass pressing on dad's esophagus. Dr recommended 10 radiation treatments to start next Wed. My aunt by marriage, who dad strongly dislikes, is having radiation at same place. If we can schedule it could get rides with her for most days. Dad even agreed to it as long as she brings us home right home afterwards. It would make life so much easier then trying to find rides for 10 days in a row. We'll see.

Good luck. How's she feel about Dad?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That should add some excitement to the process.

Maybe enough to make him forget why he is going.

Better if he is worried that he has to ride with that pia, than what he is going for.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Was it because "it's no big deal" to them or they "didn't want to bother you" or they didn't realize there was a quick solution?

And how's Mrs. Ice doing now?

I think with Mrs. Ice ill they didn't want to be a burden. They were uncomfortable, they admitted that when I went over tonight. Their other son in law brought over a spare unit he had. (surprised me 'cause he and his wife usually resist doing anything to help them).
Mrs. Ice is doing as well as she can, Tuesday should be her last chemo treatment and she is looking forward to starting to feel better.

Iceback

Bless his heart. I'm praying for you both.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! It is another beautiful day. Thinking of Ices and Jaws and her Dad. We will probably check out the yard sales this morning then tonight it is Clemson vs Georgia on ESPN! Go Tigers!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Another day of car shopping.

I hate car shopping.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Checked out a few yard sales and now nap time

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Checked out a few yard sales and now nap time

Did you buy a yard?

//runs away

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Did you buy a yard?

//runs away

That's l a m e.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:That's l a m e.

Well she does have a thyroid condition....

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:Good luck. How's she feel about Dad?

She likes dad and hopefully isn't aware of his strong dislike. It goes back to when her husband was dying. She moves extremely slow and wanted everyone to make an appt to see him. That didn't go over very well with his family; spending time is how they show love. For her its giving gifts and cards. So they felt she was keeping them from her brother and she felt they didn't love their brother because they didn't give him anything. Actually she thought it was because they didn't want her to have anything. She is a little off upstairs. Which isn't surprising considering her brothers used to take loaded guns and go out in the woods and try to shoot each other for fun. That was one family a body called before visiting!

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:That should add some excitement to the process.

Maybe enough to make him forget why he is going.

Better if he is worried that he has to ride with that pia, than what he is going for.

Thankfully he isn't worried. Just wanting to be able to swallow better.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Really tired, posted an update in the prayers thread. Still not home, and no computer.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

Got my first two Christmas catalogs yesterday.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Got my first two Christmas catalogs yesterday.

Whatca buying me?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Whatca buying me?

Hmmmmmm. How about
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Garden-Decor_3HA/View-all-Garden_3HB/Item_s-SKEL-A-GNOME-MAN-GARDEN-SCULPTURE_CE3173.html

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Thundering out now. Waiting on dinner to be done. Long day, but got a few things done.

dontwantaname wrote:Whatca buying me?

Is spellcheck sold in catalogs these days?

/hides

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Ahhhhhhhhhh. 15 pounds of potato salad in the fridge. Chocolate sheet cake, done. PB&J bars, done. Just going to sit here for a while and then clean up the kitchen and set up the tables and chairs. A couple people aren't coming after all so I don't have to set up a table in the living room. Thank heavens.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hmmmmmm. How about
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Garden-Decor_3HA/View-all-Garden_3HB/Item_s-SKEL-A-GNOME-MAN-GARDEN-SCULPTURE_CE3173.html

Too goth, you can get the one on woot a couple of days ago.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Too goth, you can get the one on woot a couple of days ago.

There was one on Woot???? Which Woot????

D-i-l asked for the gnome-man for Christmas two years ago. Okay. Asked for gnome-woman last year. Okay. I know damn well she's going to ask for the friggin' dragon this year. Has them in her living room. Oy!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There was one on Woot???? Which Woot????

D-i-l asked for the gnome-man for Christmas two years ago. Okay. Asked for gnome-woman last year. Okay. I know damn well she's going to ask for the friggin' dragon this year. Has them in her living room. Oy!

The travelocity talking gnome. I'll look around and see if I find it.

edit: Yesterday, tools & garden woot

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The travelocity talking gnome. I'll look around and see if I find it.

edit: Yesterday, tools & garden woot

Nope, has to be goth. She's a former goth, I think.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:There was one on Woot???? Which Woot????

Find KT on facebook. She might know where to get one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Find KT on facebook. She might know where to get one.

It's in one of the Christmas catalogs. No problem getting it. Just kills me to do it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It's in one of the Christmas catalogs. No problem getting it. Just kills me to do it.

Get the dragon one. Kill two birds with one stone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Get the dragon one. Kill two birds with one stone.

Didn't I just say she was going to ask for that one this year for Christmas?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Didn't I just say she was going to ask for that one this year for Christmas?

That is what made me think of it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I hope everybody had a great Labor Day.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! I hope everybody had a great Labor Day.

Had?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Had?

It is tuesday. Check you fridge, it is empty.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

Dad update
Went to my 3rd cousins wedding Saturday. Dad said he wanted to go to the reception. I should have been firm and said no. He overdid it and has been coughing his head off and got a fever blister.

He finally let me give him his under the tongue cough medicine. He is sooo funny. He is dying of cancer, yet he doesn't want to take anything with narcotics in it because he might get addicted. So he has under the tongue cough medicine, liquid morphine, and Kadian at night, morphine pill.

Had to do the same thing for the anti-depressants, He takes a pill in the morning for his anger and one at night to help him sleep. I feel a little bad lying to him, but it makes like so much easier when he isn't depressed and coughing his head off.

On a different note it is thundering and lightening like crazy. Great rolling thunder like waves going from south to north. May get some rain. Had some yesterday. Down in Panama City they have been getting tons of rain again. The roads were running with water. Who knows when our road will be fixed.

Well better go and do something with the grapes my Aunt brought us. They are scuppinions (sp?) and I don't care for them. Dad isn't eating much since he is having trouble swallowing. So I will make some freezer jelly and grape skin tarts. Hope to stop back by later.

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:It is tuesday. Check you fridge, it is empty.

Good try, it's only Monday. Can I use your time machine if it is Tuesday at your home?

pooflady

Ahhh, now it's "had." Everyone's gone. There's a real mess here that will be cleaned up in between my naps tomorrow. But everyone had a good time. And, my god, the food!