dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ahhh, now it's "had." Everyone's gone. There's a real mess here that will be cleaned up in between my naps tomorrow. But everyone had a good time. And, my god, the food!



Enough for tomorrow?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Enough for tomorrow?



Oh, yeah.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Good try, it's only Monday. Can I use your time machine if it is Tuesday at your home?



It will be tuesday there soon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Bedtime.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all. Mrs Ice gets her last chemo today. Hopefully in a couple of weeks she can start feeling better.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I anticipated the end of the holiday! By yesterday afternoon the traffic was gone. There was no longer a line at Starbucks. Today should be pretty interesting. The Jetta goes to the repair shop and we have tomatoes to can. Have a great day everyone!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:I anticipated the end of the holiday! By yesterday afternoon the traffic was gone. There was no longer a line at Starbucks. Today should be pretty interesting. The Jetta goes to the repair shop and we have tomatoes to can. Have a great day everyone!



People think that everyone loves the season. Locals love the off season.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

avosgo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo

Good morning (almost afternoon)!
Tourist season is officially over here! Yay, we get our town back! Still can't believe the humidity we are still holding on to - it's brutal (worse than Florida, I've heard!)
Hope all enjoyed the holiday weekend!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Bedtime.



Where's Trollface Hiding?, you don't have a black square???
How???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning all. Hope you had a good weekend.

I made son help me clean the house yesterday... good cleaning. Ceiling fans are cleaned! Yay for tall son!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Where's Trollface Hiding?, you don't have a black square???
How???



Probably because I haven't bought 100 items. I'm up to 98.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning all. Hope you had a good weekend.

I made son help me clean the house yesterday... good cleaning. Ceiling fans are cleaned! Yay for tall son!



I wish you hadn't reminded me. Mine haven't been cleaned in over a year. The ones with nothing underneath them I can just barely reach, but get dizzy looking up at them for any length of time. Also pushing dust into my face is not a favorite pastime.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

afternoon kidds

was in Pennsyltucky over the weekend - got together for a surprise birthday party for my uncle who turns 90 on the 7th. It was a lotta fun seein everyone. Am off the rest of this week (hopefully). Just groomed a big dog for someone. I think I need a nap!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:afternoon kidds

was in Pennsyltucky over the weekend - got together for a surprise birthday party for my uncle who turns 90 on the 7th. It was a lotta fun seein everyone. Am off the rest of this week (hopefully). Just groomed a big dog for someone. I think I need a nap!



Sounds like a great idea.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:Sounds like a great idea.



Shhhhhhh! I think she's sleeping.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

What to have for dinner? Perhaps some left over potato salad. Or left over pasta salad. Or left over German potato salad. Or left over deviled eggs. Or left over mac & cheese. Or all of the above.

Should I mention desserts?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:What to have for dinner? Perhaps some left over potato salad. Or left over pasta salad. Or left over German potato salad. Or left over deviled eggs. Or left over mac & cheese. Or all of the above.

Should I mention desserts?



Not unless you are willing to mail them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Not unless you are willing to mail them.



Okay.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay.



So, what do you have?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:So, what do you have?



The ice cream cake was gone fast, so none of that. Have pumpkin cake, chocolate sheet cake, PB&J bars, peanut butter cookies, lemon bars.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Wow, getting downright chilly. After a week of hot, now it's cold. 63 now, supposed to go down to 53.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I haven't read back, but I wanted to give you all an update before I give in to the extreme exhaustion.

I'm home until Saturday. My grandma has been moved to rehab (physical therapy) and has already been signed off as not needing any more speech therapy. She is cleared to resume her normal diet and even have outside goodies brought in. She is still on a daily blood thinner and a few other things, but I think will be getting rid of the bulky heart monitor soon. She walked with assistance today! She is getting some mobility back in her weaker hand. They are talking about her leaving to go to her own home or my mother's house, maybe in as soon as 3 months.

I've been in every timezone in mainland US this week. Over the weekend I spent three consecutive nights in three different time zones.

I took the morning shift with grandma in a time zone further east than my norm. I still think I need to eat dinner at 2pm (5pm EDT). I'm going to be in New Hampshire on Sunday, so there is not much point in trying to get back on schedule. 3 hours makes a HUGE difference!!!!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

avosgo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo
KtCallista wrote:I haven't read back, but I wanted to give you all an update before I give in to the extreme exhaustion.

I'm home until Saturday. My grandma has been moved to rehab (physical therapy) and has already been signed off as not needing any more speech therapy. She is cleared to resume her normal diet and even have outside goodies brought in. She is still on a daily blood thinner and a few other things, but I think will be getting rid of the bulky heart monitor soon. She walked with assistance today! She is getting some mobility back in her weaker hand. They are talking about her leaving to go to her own home or my mother's house, maybe in as soon as 3 months.

I've been in every timezone in mainland US this week. Over the weekend I spent three consecutive nights in three different time zones.

I took the morning shift with grandma in a time zone further east than my norm. I still think I need to eat dinner at 2pm (5pm EDT). I'm going to be in New Hampshire on Sunday, so there is not much point in trying to get back on schedule. 3 hours makes a HUGE difference!!!!




What part????

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Second Mom day. Her brother is in the hospital.
The same brother who never visits anyone in the hospital.
But that won't stop my mom from making me drive her every day.

Luckily the hospital is only 2 miles from here. So I can escape.


But first...there needs to be a poop

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Second Mom day. Her brother is in the hospital.
The same brother who never visits anyone in the hospital.
But that won't stop my mom from making me drive her every day.

Luckily the hospital is only 2 miles from here. So I can escape.


But first...there needs to be a poop



Your mom or you or Rusty?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Your mom or you or Rusty?



Rusty.


WARNING WILL ROBERTSON!
There is really nothing interesting in the rest of this post.
Really
There isn't
Don't even bother reading it
There will not be a test



So got mom.
Took her to the hospital.
Brother is even more frugal then she is.
He isn't paying for a phone or TV. Not because he has a cell phone either, he doesn't.
In a room with another 90 something year old guy.
They don't talk to each other.
The other guy doesn't have the TV either.
No books
What the hell do they do all day???

(he has 2 good pensions and social security, so it isn't because of money)

Uncle looked better than he did the last time I saw him.
Being checked out for a bunch of stuff

If you don't have a daughter, you can really ignore health stuff. One male cousin lives somewhat near his dad (maybe 10 miles). He is not exactly on top of what is going on in his dad's life.

So we get there and 30 minutes later they come to take him for some test. That was the end of the visit.

I'm guessing on Friday, mom will call to go again. Tomorrow I'm driving the friend who took Rusty when hubby was in the hospital, to the airport.

btw: What is wrong with uncle? He is 93. Stuff isn't working that well anymore.
That and ignoring stuff like pain in the left arm every time you walk, for a few weeks. Also small stuff like....blood in the poop.
//sigh
oh and the small problem of him passing out and not knowing it...he still drives...that is the scary one. My mom might have a car accident, but it will be a fender bender on a local street.
He can kill someone. He just gave up driving on the interstates this year!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Rusty.


WARNING WILL ROBERTSON!
There is really nothing interesting in the rest of this post.
Really
There isn't
Don't even bother reading it
There will not be a test



So got mom.
Took her to the hospital.
Brother is even more frugal then she is.
He isn't paying for a phone or TV. Not because he has a cell phone either, he doesn't.
In a room with another 90 something year old guy.
They don't talk to each other.
The other guy doesn't have the TV either.
No books
What the hell do they do all day???

(he has 2 good pensions and social security, so it isn't because of money)

Uncle looked better than he did the last time I saw him.
Being checked out for a bunch of stuff

If you don't have a daughter, you can really ignore health stuff. One male cousin lives somewhat near his dad (maybe 10 miles). He is not exactly on top of what is going on in his dad's life.

So we get there and 30 minutes later they come to take him for some test. That was the end of the visit.

I'm guessing on Friday, mom will call to go again. Tomorrow I'm driving the friend who took Rusty when hubby was in the hospital, to the airport.

btw: What is wrong with uncle? He is 93. Stuff isn't working that well anymore.
That and ignoring stuff like pain in the left arm every time you walk, for a few weeks. Also small stuff like....blood in the poop.
//sigh
oh and the small problem of him passing out and not knowing it...he still drives...that is the scary one. My mom might have a car accident, but it will be a fender bender on a local street.
He can kill someone. He just gave up driving on the interstates this year!



My next door neighbor is 94. He had an accident last spring (20 miles from where he was supposed to be). So several months later he got a letter saying he had to retake the driver's test. He immediately failed the eye test so they suspended his license. He's still driving.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:My next door neighbor is 94. He had an accident last spring (20 miles from where he was supposed to be). So several months later he got a letter saying he had to retake the driver's test. He immediately failed the eye test so they suspended his license. He's still driving.



My mom is giving up her car in the fall.
Why the fall?
She paid the insurance until then.

//sigh

I guess I'll have to have 2 mom days a week. She won't go to any senior things.
There is a bus that would take her to a community center for lunch...nope.
The Catholic church doesn't have anything, so I guess she will be done going t o church.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Grandma is doing great. She is learning to drive a wheel chair for when she can get herself out of bed (which may happen tomorrow). 3 months is now 3-5 weeks and Grandma is aiming for the 3 weeks until she can leave the hospital rehab center. She may live with my parents for a little while before going it alone again, but she wants to go home. She's fairly sure she doesn't want to drive anymore though. She's sure that if something happened she'd cause a wreck. My mom lives next door and takes her anywhere she wants to go anyway.

I mentioned I was willing to drive down to meet with teachers who might want to do FIRST and then later my boss mentioned it'd be good to have a FIRST Affiliate in that town, I don't know if he connected the dots that I will have the option to move there in the next few years or not, but I did... Not that I really want to move there, but.... sure beats the house I don't have now. I'm not making any plans.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Grandma is doing great. She is learning to drive a wheel chair for when she can get herself out of bed (which may happen tomorrow). 3 months is now 3-5 weeks and Grandma is aiming for the 3 weeks until she can leave the hospital rehab center. She may live with my parents for a little while before going it alone again, but she wants to go home. She's fairly sure she doesn't want to drive anymore though. She's sure that if something happened she'd cause a wreck. My mom lives next door and takes her anywhere she wants to go anyway.

I mentioned I was willing to drive down to meet with teachers who might want to do FIRST and then later my boss mentioned it'd be good to have a FIRST Affiliate in that town, I don't know if he connected the dots that I will have the option to move there in the next few years or not, but I did... Not that I really want to move there, but.... sure beats the house I don't have now. I'm not making any plans.



Glad Grandma's doing so well and is smart enough to quit driving.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
avosgo wrote:Good morning (almost afternoon)!
Tourist season is officially over here! Yay, we get our town back! Still can't believe the humidity we are still holding on to - it's brutal (worse than Florida, I've heard!)
Hope all enjoyed the holiday weekend!



In the panhandle Wednesday we had temp 88 humidity 98%. Really ugly stuff. I don't need to build a sauna or steam room, I just step outside.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:What to have for dinner? Perhaps some left over potato salad. Or left over pasta salad. Or left over German potato salad. Or left over deviled eggs. Or left over mac & cheese. Or all of the above.

Should I mention desserts?



Only if you share.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Dad update.
First radiation went well. He said his throat felt a little sore. He started coughing at lunch. It is really hard for him to be up that long.

Will have three day break from Aunt driving us next week. This will hopefully work out well.

Still a raving insomniac. Woke up about 2:30 yesterday morning and couldn't sleep after falling asleep at 11 the night before. Still haven't been able to sleep tonight!

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Humidity and high tide don't work well for a jog on the beach. I feel your insomnia pain Jaws.
Edit: Jetta was fixed in an hour. Shop rate is $80.00 an hour. We took in the part. Fabulous deal. He is my new favorite German mechanic! German cars that is. I had to wait for the peach cobbler to come out of the oven before we could pick up the car. I took him some.
Edit2: temp is 76. Dew point is 76. Humidity is 99%.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi folks!

I have nothing to say.

That is all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Hi folks!

I have nothing to say.

That is all.



Took my laptop to work, because I don't get my official laptop for a week and the loaner can't keep up with me.

Not much else, lots to do.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Miscommunication! I thought husband's plans for not being home for dinner were solid so I made plans with a friend to go out to eat. Just woke up from a nap and found a note from him that he wasn't going out after all and we should. Nope.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yo, all. Sitting in eyeball dr waiting room. After waiting 20+ minutes, they told me my appt was on the 12th. Nope, wasn't. That's the day I fly out. We talked about that day but set the 5th. I don't want to take another half day off work. They're squeezing me in. Warned it could take longer. Me: well, considering a normal appointment takes over two hours, I don't think it can get much worse.

And now I wait.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hot72chev


quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

Mercury must be in retrograde for pooflady and Thunderthighs today.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Yo, all. Sitting in eyeball dr waiting room. After waiting 20+ minutes, they told me my appt was on the 12th. Nope, wasn't. That's the day I fly out. We talked about that day but set the 5th. I don't want to take another half day off work. They're squeezing me in. Warned it could take longer. Me: well, considering a normal appointment takes over two hours, I don't think it can get much worse.

And now I wait.


Running with scissors will do that to you.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.