dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mom day. See you all later.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:You want them to give you sister crabs?

ok, now we are even. I was going to say your nephews instead of them, but that was too freaky.

LOL - good one

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:LOL - good one

I see I didn't miss much while gone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I see I didn't miss much while gone.

Nothing happens when you're gone.

(Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.)

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good evening all
Yesterday Mrs. Ice had her first scan since finishing her treatments. She got the disc and started analyzing the images (without even knowing what she was looking at) She thought she saw masses in her lungs based on internet info and scared the hell out of us both. I know better but she was so convinced it freaked me out.
Official reading came back today as all clear confirmed by a radiologist friend as well as the hospital dude. We were elated/relieved!! I hope she has learned the internet is not a place for self diagnostics. I can't go through that needless stress again.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Good evening all
Yesterday Mrs. Ice had her first scan since finishing her treatments. She got the disc and started analyzing the images (without even knowing what she was looking at) She thought she saw masses in her lungs based on internet info and scared the hell out of us both. I know better but she was so convinced it freaked me out.
Official reading came back today as all clear confirmed by a radiologist friend as well as the hospital dude. We were elated/relieved!! I hope she has learned the internet is not a place for self diagnostics. I can't go through that needless stress again.

O M G, I'd need a stiff drink after that. A large one. Glad everything looks good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Wonderful!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Wonderful!!!

Yes it is! She has to be closely monitored for the next three years before they'll declare her out of the woods but this is the start of the healing.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:O M G, I'd need a stiff drink after that. A large one. Glad everything looks good.

I took the afternoon off work to decompress.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hot damn! That's great news!

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

That's amazing news! So glad to hear.

But I can understand the temptation to look on the internet. I'm surprised they gave her the scans in advance--I know my scans aren't released to me until AFTER I've heard from the doctor.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

What wonderful news!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Afternoon folks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Afternoon folks!

Hello.

pooflady

Whoa! Just saw the pictures of Clint Eastwood's son. Pant, pant, pant.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Son called. He got a culture shock and will have to talk to dorm mate. Dude is from somewhere in South America (I forget which country) and he's throwing his used toilet paper in the trash can.

Told son to keep it light and humorous.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Son called. He got a culture shock and will have to talk to dorm mate. Dude is from somewhere in South America (I forget which country) and he's throwing his used toilet paper in the trash can.

My mother did that (any many people in her neighborhood), too, because of septic tank problems. But only No.1.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:My mother did that (any many people in her neighborhood), too, because of septic tank problems. But only No.1.

This was not number 1. LOL

Son called me at work. My first words whenever he calls me at an unusual time are, "Are you OK?"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:My mother did that (any many people in her neighborhood), too, because of septic tank problems. But only No.1.

Wow, you mom threw no1 into the trash?
He was just a kid, that wasn't nice.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Now people...
we need to talk....
I am in need of entertainment.
You are suppose to provide it.

So

Post something!

That is all...

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Now people...
we need to talk....
I am in need of entertainment.
You are suppose to provide it.

So

Post something!

something!

That is all...

something!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:something!

Thank you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Wow, you mom threw no1 into the trash?
He was just a kid, that wasn't nice.

It does explain a lot of things does it not?

pooflady

Found out this morning they're tearing down our favorite pancake place to widen a road. Wah!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Found out this morning they're tearing down our favorite pancake place to widen a road. Wah!!!

NOOOOO

Will they move someplace else?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:It does explain a lot of things does it not?

Maybe.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:NOOOOO

Will they move someplace else?

There's another one 45 minutes away. Kind of far. But...one near my sister.

Iceback

Good morning all. Hope y'all have a great day!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Something Something Something Something
Omething Omething Omething Omething
Mething Mething Mething Mething
Ething Ething Ething Ething
Thing Thing Thing Thing
Hing Hing Hing Hing
Ing Ing Ing Ing
Ng Ng Ng Ng
G G G G

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Good morning. People coming sometime in the next three hours to clean the dining room chairs.

pooflady

Oh, yeah. Arghhhh!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What the heck are you guy talking about?

Other than clean chairs.

Hubby is home. so I guess I won't be here much today...not that it makes a difference.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:What the heck are you guy talking about?

Other than clean chairs.

Hubby is home. so I guess I won't be here much today...not that it makes a difference.

Hmmm. I wonder what they're doing.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hmmm. I wonder what they're doing.

Took Rusty to a park.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Sorry for the scare. Happy for the great news.

I was watching the screen while they did my dad's CT scan. I could clearly see the tumor pressing on his esophagus. There were also what I thought were other tumors in his lungs. The technician said, 'No, that is his diaphram and stomach.' I can totally understand why she thought she saw tumors.

Dad update - He finished his last radiation treatment on Tuesday. YEAH!!!

The radiation has him coughing more and he is coughing gunk up so he isn't taking cough medicine. However, coughing his lungs up sounds horrible and totally exhausts him.

He joined the church I go to yesterday. His pastor only comes by at the first of the month. Its blantantly obvious since he doesn't call or come by any other time that he wants dad's tithe check. The really sad thing is people from my church have called and visited him more than anyone from his church. He grew up with some of the members and they still don't call him unless he calls first.

I finally got the sleeping medicine that works for me. I called the doctor back after a week of falling asleep right away just to be totally awake in three hours and not fall back to sleep the rest of the night. I slept most of last night, can't remember the last time I did that!

I called the road dept yesterday to ask when they might get federal money to start working on the road. With the gate locked up the pond is down below the spillway. When I called they said the water was still running and they would need to get permits from DEP and an engineer would need to be involved. I let them know the upper spillway hasn't been running in about two weeks.

I emailed and told the road dept. man that I was assuming, since I hadn't heard back from him in response to my email, that he was going to use the same culverts. I let him know that I would be calling DEP tomorrow to ask the gentleman I have been talking with to come up and give me options about how to mitigate road damage and get more water on the pond. I cc'd the DEP man on this message. I mentioned that I assumed he would be starting work soon since he seemed so concerned that the road get fixed so the school bus could get through. I also mentioned that perhaps while the DEP man was here he could provide the permits for the lower spillway since it runs continually.

Hopefully this will get him busy or he will tell me they are going to put box culverts in place, which would be worth the wait.

My neighbors 3/4 a mile up the road are lifesavers. They have been coming down and taking our garbage can the 3/4+ miles up to the highway so the garbage people will pick it up.

I am so tired of all the garbage with the road! At least once or twice a day we have idgets (my word) who come down and try to go through. It is so silly. I suggested to the road dept that they put another road closed sign out here in front of the house to prevent someone from sliding into the lower spillway. Their response - put a second barricade up at the highway HELLO - the people are already driving around the barricades, how will a second one stop that? Oh well.

I have been thinking of trying to get an apt. in the neighboring town when Dad dies. It would probably be easier to start a rental history here than in a big city like Tucson. But I still may move in with a friend in Vancouver. Time will tell.

D'name I hope this is entertaining enough for you. It's the best I have to offer.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
ThunderThighs wrote:Son called. He got a culture shock and will have to talk to dorm mate. Dude is from somewhere in South America (I forget which country) and he's throwing his used toilet paper in the trash can.

Glad to have you back home. Sounded like your vacation was fun.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Sorry for the scare. Happy for the great news.

Dad stuff
Road stuff
sleep stuff
garbage stuff

D'name I hope this is entertaining enough for you. It's the best I have to offer.

At least your church helps out.

When I was a kid, the priest in the Catholic church did help. It could be because my parents were active in the church and some of the priest were in their circle of friends. Yes, there were priest in my house for parties.

Other than that, the Catholic church does nothing .
My mom can still walk without help. When she stops driving in the fall (when her car insurance needs to be renewed) there is no way to go to church anymore.

You would think that the church would have some way for the elderly people, especially those who just need the ride no other help, to get to church.

Some parishes are better than others. My uncles church at least had a group for people who had recent deaths in the family.

Heck, my sister in law had to ask the minister of the church across the street from the catholic church, if they had a room the Girl Scouts could meet in.
THE GIRL SCOUT TROOP FROM THE CATHOLIC SCHOOL!

Then they wonder why people don't come to church anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//sigh

Only jaws tried today.

so sad.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Good morning all.
Raining and comparatively cool. (low 80's) We need the rain as well as the break in the heat.
Jaws-glad you're getting sleep and kicking bureaucratic butt.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! The last of the city concerts is tonight. I followed the Clemson NC State game last night on ESPN on my phone and it didn't use up all of my data. We have postponed going back to the mountains until Sunday. Frontier Citywide wifi is horrible.