dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Hanging at home with a sick kid.

Not feeling the best myself.

Kids = germs

Hope you feel better.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:And home.
Opened mail and discovered that as of the first of the year we will no longer have health insurance through husband's old company. That's really nice. Ticks me off, all those years of union negotiations where they gave up percentage raises in order to have retiree benefits and now it's tough s h @#@.

And opened email and discovered a 235 page expedite job. But I have to watch last week's Castle first.

Edit: Did someone say pr0n?

No 1 was the pants on the ground addict.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Okay, watched last week's Castle. Not what I was expecting. But they're still making him stupid.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay, watched last week's Castle. Not what I was expecting. But they're still making him stupid.

Write a letter to the writers.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Daughter and Elizabeth are keeping us very busy! Weather has been fabulous. Hubby and I jogged today for the first time in two weeks. I made lasagna for dinner. Now I ready to pass out!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Daughter and Elizabeth are keeping us very busy! Weather has been fabulous. Hubby and I jogged today for the first time in two weeks. I made lasagna for dinner. Now I ready to pass out!

That sounds good. The lasagna, not the running or the passing out.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That sounds good. The lasagna, not the running or the passing out.

Running is good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Running is good.

Only if a bear is chasing you.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Only if a bear is chasing you.

I can't run. Never could. Slow as a kid and then once the bobbies came in....too much bounce.
But I know running is good.

You do know a new Castle is on, don't you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I can't run. Never could. Slow as a kid and then once the bobbies came in....too much bounce.
But I know running is good.

You do know a new Castle is on, don't you?

Watching it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Watching it.

Review?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Review?

Better.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Better.

Good.

Night all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

People, I thought I had explained how this works.

You have to post!

Everyone has to post one funny/stupid/strange thing they saw that day.

After that we can all go back to venting about our lives. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
This has always been a great venting place, because nothing gets back to people in real life.

But if we all posted one thing that made us say What? about that day, maybe we will all come around more!

And you TT, I know this is now a work place, but you can stop by more often!

That is all.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Okay, I'll try. I saw a twitter a few minutes ago that talked about how the government shutdown was affecting people's lively hoods.

I laughed out loud literally. There are so many possible visuals.

pooflady

Sheesh, even D'name didn't post anything.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Sheesh, even D'name didn't post anything.

a

It was mom day.

I'm trying to think of something weird I saw today....can't think of any.

//sigh

This is harder than I thought.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Elizabeth wakes up at 5am! Going to the beach....

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Elizabeth wakes up at 5am! Going to the beach....

It is a real beach day today!
My kids wouldn't dare wake up at 5am!
(as if you get to choose when a baby or toddler wakes up)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Experiment of the day: Switch milk for almond milk (or as Lewis Black says...almonds have no LOL WUT, it is almond juice.)
See if that doesn't bother me.

Poop report: I don't know, I didn't look.

edit: looked. nothing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Pass this on my walks at work. Not sure which I like better. Probably the first one, just for the color...the 2nd one is a better angle, but the tree is tipping drunkenly.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Hello everyone. Went to lunch with a friend, then we did the cut and coloring stuff.

pooflady

Tom Clancy died. At one time one of my favorite authors.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Pass this on my walks at work. Not sure which I like better. Probably the first one, just for the color...the 2nd one is a better angle, but the tree is tipping drunkenly.

That is a beautiful tree. The best tree in the fall, on the block went down in Sandy.

What is the silo looking thing?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:That is a beautiful tree. The best tree in the fall, on the block went down in Sandy.

What is the silo looking thing?

It's a silo looking thing. :D I don't know what would be in it. It's pretty big, though, since it's quite a ways behind the tree.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:It's a silo looking thing. :D I don't know what would be in it. It's pretty big, though, since it's quite a ways behind the tree.

They don't always have a round top?

Hummmm,, Rusty did the night poop, but I never found the day poop.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

evenin all

howinthehell did it get to be October already?? jeezum!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hello everyone. Went to lunch with a friend, then we did the cut and coloring stuff.

I'm guessing you mean hair, not construction paper and coloring books.

Because I had to read it twice to make sure you weren't with a grandkid.
But you don't have any in the cut and color stage anymore, do you?

Yes I should know...but I don't.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Nothing much going on here. Got a lot of proofing to do, but can do that while I'm posting. But there's nothing to post.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:evenin all

No, it is Aug. Haven't you been outside?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm watching some show on ABC and one of the kids is wearing a turban....Ummmm guys, if you want to be inclusive, at least do some research.
Sikh boys put their hair in a bun and cover it with a cloth. I have never seen a turban on a grade school kid.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:evenin all

Missed this post. Hi Lynn. How's Mo doing?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Missed this post. Hi Lynn. How's Mo doing?

Post and run.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I remembered something funny to post, but I forgot.

Oh well.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:They don't always have a round top?

Most do, yes. I really don't know what this is for. I'll see if I can find out, just for you.

ETA: Best I can tell, it's not a farm silo, it was associated with the railway. The tracks run along the park and the original train depot is fairly close.

My funny contribution for the day:

I was walking down the hall at work and came upon a spider, hanging from the ceiling about 5 feet from the floor. I'd just walked through the hall a few minutes before, no spider. After making sure it wasn't anything poisonous, I swept my hand above it towards a wall so it would be safe.

Which all would have been boring, but right as I was doing this, someone came out of an office at the far end of the hall, and saw me sweep my hand in front of myself, all the way across the hall to the wall. She stood there looking at me, and asked if everything was ok.

I said it was fine, how was her day?

I didn't explain that I was rescuing a spider.

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Most do, yes. I really don't know what this is for. I'll see if I can find out, just for you.

ETA: Best I can tell, it's not a farm silo, it was associated with the railway. The tracks run along the park and the original train depot is fairly close.

I was walking down the hall at work and came upon a spider, hanging from the ceiling about 5 feet from the floor. I'd just walked through the hall a few minutes before, no spider. After making sure it wasn't anything poisonous, I swept my hand above it towards a wall so it would be safe.

Which all would have been boring, but right as I was doing this, someone came out of an office at the far end of the hall, and saw me sweep my hand in front of myself, all the way across the hall to the wall. She stood there looking at me, and asked if everything was ok.

Probably looked like Merlin.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Missed this post. Hi Lynn. How's Mo doing?

mornin

sorry I wandered off....started reading some posts in a private group on FB and got lost

Mo is actually doing very well - surprising all of us He had acupuncture on Tues and the vet was pretty amazed with how well he was doing. We had a bad stretch a while back and things weren't looking so good, but he has surprised us all with his rebound.

Santana, otoh....has cancer on his leg (his wrist) which we initially thought was bone cancer. Turns out it is a soft tissue cancer that is degrading the bones under it. It is actually 'better' news than bone cancer, altho we do need to amputate his leg before the cancer eats through the bones, resulting in fractures. So I took today off in preparation for the surgery tomorrow.

and JoeyCockerSpaniel is as fat and bratty as ever. That little bastard will live forever.

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:No, it is Aug. Haven't you been outside?

I know - this is crazy for Oct. We've had 2 weeks of gorgeous weather. Was 80 here yesterday.

Lynnzoi

Mavyn wrote:Most do, yes. I really don't know what this is for. I'll see if I can find out, just for you.

love it! And glad you rescued the spider!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin

sorry I wandered off....started reading some posts in a private group on FB and got lost

Mo is actually doing very well - surprising all of us He had acupuncture on Tues and the vet was pretty amazed with how well he was doing. We had a bad stretch a while back and things weren't looking so good, but he has surprised us all with his rebound.

Santana, otoh....has cancer on his leg (his wrist) which we initially thought was bone cancer. Turns out it is a soft tissue cancer that is degrading the bones under it. It is actually 'better' news than bone cancer, altho we do need to amputate his leg before the cancer eats through the bones, resulting in fractures. So I took today off in preparation for the surgery tomorrow.

and JoeyCockerSpaniel is as fat and bratty as ever. That little bastard will live forever.

LOL.

Sorry to hear about Santana. How do they react when they wake up without a leg? I'd think that'd be really tough since you can't explain it to them.