Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:LOL.

Sorry to hear about Santana. How do they react when they wake up without a leg? I'd think that'd be really tough since you can't explain it to them.

I know. I have been in that position with other critter patients and they all have done great. One dog who had a rear leg amputated was up and walking within a couple hours of surgery - I took her outside and she squatted to tinkle - with only one rear leg - like she had done it all her life! I think (hope) that once he realizes the constant pain in the leg is gone (of course he will be on some super-duty pain meds post-sx) that he will be fine.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:I know. I have been in that position with other critter patients and they all have done great. One dog who had a rear leg amputated was up and walking within a couple hours of surgery - I took her outside and she squatted to tinkle - with only one rear leg - like she had done it all her life! I think (hope) that once he realizes the constant pain in the leg is gone (of course he will be on some super-duty pain meds post-sx) that he will be fine.

Glad to hear that.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Weather report:
Rain
Sun
Rain
Sun
Rain
Sun

pooflady

We have a huge pin oak in the front yard. The squirrels are going crazy this year. Lots of squirrels. Lots and lots of squirrels. Squirrels everywhere. We even have a black one (or maybe more, can't tell), that's very unusual.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:We have a huge pin oak in the front yard. The squirrels are going crazy this year. Lots of squirrels. Lots and lots of squirrels. Squirrels everywhere. We even have a black one (or maybe more, can't tell), that's very unusual.

I love the black squirrels - they are beautiful!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked

We just have rain

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:I love the black squirrels - they are beautiful!

Smaller than our gray squirrels. Was just at my sister's last week, they have predominantly red squirrels.

pooflady

blanked wrote:We just have rain

That's no fun.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:We have a huge pin oak in the front yard. The squirrels are going crazy this year. Lots of squirrels. Lots and lots of squirrels. Squirrels everywhere. We even have a black one (or maybe more, can't tell), that's very unusual.

calling mr. hitchcock. i have an idear for your next movie.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Smaller than our gray squirrels. Was just at my sister's last week, they have predominantly red squirrels.

the black squirrels are a subgroup of grey squirrels. They can be brown-black or jet black, depending on their genetic makeup. I have only seen the jet black ones.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:the black squirrels are a subgroup of grey squirrels. They can be brown-black or jet black, depending on their genetic makeup. I have only seen the jet black ones.

These are jet black. What's the average life of a black squirrel? We've seen a black squirrel up the street for a few years. Just wondering if it's the same one or there's more.

pooflady

no1 wrote:calling mr. hitchcock. i have an idear for your next movie.

They're toothy little devils and they bury the remains.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:These are jet black. What's the average life of a black squirrel? We've seen a black squirrel up the street for a few years. Just wondering if it's the same one or there's more.

something like 10-12 years, altho can live to 20 in captivity.

Lynnzoi

ok, off to acupuncture. highlight of my week!

pooflady

I think we've had more posts today than the last two days. We need Lynn to come back more often. And TT not to be so busy.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Most do, yes. I really don't know what this is for. I'll see if I can find out, just for you.

ETA: Best I can tell, it's not a farm silo, it was associated with the railway. The tracks run along the park and the original train depot is fairly close.

My funny contribution for the day:

I was walking down the hall at work and came upon a spider, hanging from the ceiling about 5 feet from the floor. I'd just walked through the hall a few minutes before, no spider. After making sure it wasn't anything poisonous, I swept my hand above it towards a wall so it would be safe.

Which all would have been boring, but right as I was doing this, someone came out of an office at the far end of the hall, and saw me sweep my hand in front of myself, all the way across the hall to the wall. She stood there looking at me, and asked if everything was ok.

I said it was fine, how was her day?

I didn't explain that I was rescuing a spider.

Thank you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I think we've had more posts today than the last two days. We need Lynn to come back more often. And TT not to be so busy.

Sorry. I'm rushing to finish stuff before going to get my boobs smooshed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry. I'm rushing to finish stuff before going to get my boobs smooshed.

My sympathy.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry. I'm rushing to finish stuff before going to get my boobs smooshed.

i'm busy. come back tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i'm busy. come back tomorrow.

She prefers the machine to do the squishing.
You are a computer program. Not a mammo squishing machine.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Back from listening to the local superintendent of schools talk about why we need to pass a levy. Ohio has to be one of the worst states in the country for funding schools.

Lynnzoi

oh ffs.....Morrison just started with some type of dizziness issue - he can't stand or walk. Please, someone tell him mama don't got the time or energy to deal with this tonight.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:oh ffs.....Morrison just started with some type of dizziness issue - he can't stand or walk. Please, someone tell him mama don't got the time or energy to deal with this tonight.

You (and Mo) are in my prayers tonight. Keep us posted.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:You (and Mo) are in my prayers tonight. Keep us posted.

thanks. he is otherwise bright and happy, no vomiting (that is frequently a side-effect of dizziness). Carrying him in and out of the house is gonna get real old real fast! Sent an email to his acupuncture vet (who just happens to be married to a veterinary neurologist). Gave him some medication to hopefully make it stop, but I am concerned by some of the signs he is showing. Not normal signs we see with idiopathic vestibular disease. But I am gonna play ostrich tonight, keep my head in the sand, and hope it all goes away. (I really don't wanna have 2 dogs hospitalized tomorrow!)

Lynnzoi

grrrrrrrr I hate asshat deer-jackers! They stopped their POS pickup truck just at the edge of my property and were spotlighting the deer....there is a gorgeous buck hanging out in the fields and I know they want him. I even heard their freakin conversation. I proceeded to turn on my front lights and make noise, and they started up their truck and drove off. Shoulda just called the sheriff. If they show up again maybe I'll just get out my pump-action shotgun, go out in the side yard, and go through the motions of chambering a round. It is an unmistakable sound. Might make the big-ass redneck boys pee their pants a little

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:grrrrrrrr I hate asshat deer-jackers! They stopped their POS pickup truck just at the edge of my property and were spotlighting the deer....there is a gorgeous buck hanging out in the fields and I know they want him. I even heard their freakin conversation. I proceeded to turn on my front lights and make noise, and they started up their truck and drove off. Shoulda just called the sheriff. If they show up again maybe I'll just get out my pump-action shotgun, go out in the side yard, and go through the motions of chambering a round. It is an unmistakable sound. Might make the big-ass redneck boys pee their pants a little

Good idea, but you might have to stay up most of the night. They're going to wait until they figure you're sleeping.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Good idea, but you might have to stay up most of the night. They're going to wait until they figure you're sleeping.

well, as discombobulated as the Reddog is, I probably will be up most of the night.

pooflady

Hoping Lynn, Mo, and the gorgeous buck made it through the night.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hoping Lynn, Mo, and the gorgeous buck made it through the night.

Same here.

Morning all.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Same here.

Morning all.

You have your own playing cards and you didn't send us some????

//sniff

Just because you have nothing to do with them is no excuse!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:thanks. he is otherwise bright and happy, no vomiting (that is frequently a side-effect of dizziness). Carrying him in and out of the house is gonna get real old real fast! Sent an email to his acupuncture vet (who just happens to be married to a veterinary neurologist). Gave him some medication to hopefully make it stop, but I am concerned by some of the signs he is showing. Not normal signs we see with idiopathic vestibular disease. But I am gonna play ostrich tonight, keep my head in the sand, and hope it all goes away. (I really don't wanna have 2 dogs hospitalized tomorrow!)

Good luck.
Doggies are worse than kids.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Back from listening to the local superintendent of schools talk about why we need to pass a levy. Ohio has to be one of the worst states in the country for funding schools.

You went to a school board meeting?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:oh ffs.....Morrison just started with some type of dizziness issue - he can't stand or walk. Please, someone tell him mama don't got the time or energy to deal with this tonight.

Poor pup.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ever since I decided we should post something funny before we vented...I can't think of anything funny!

I guess I can't post.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ever since I decided we should post something funny before we vented...I can't think of anything funny!

I guess I can't post.

Not much different.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You went to a school board meeting?

Nope. One of the women from my card club had a "coffee" with him to speak.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You have your own playing cards and you didn't send us some????

//sniff

Just because you have nothing to do with them is no excuse!

I was only allowed to buy 25 sets. They all went into Bunch of Clipping except for a few I sent to Seattle for FB Bunch of Clipping. I guess those were left over. Of the 25 sets, only 3 people have reported in. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Back from listening to the local superintendent of schools talk about why we need to pass a levy. Ohio has to be one of the worst states in the country for funding schools.

I dunno. Texas is pretty f'd up for school funding. So much so that the state gets regularly sued by school districts about it (unconstitutional). The school districts usually win too.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I dunno. Texas is pretty f'd up for school funding. So much so that the state gets regularly sued by school districts about it (unconstitutional). The school districts usually win too.

Schools here were supposed to get all the profits from the lottery. I guess they are but the state government then doesn't give them the money that they had before. Or the state mandates you have to do this and this and this, but doesn't give them the money to do it.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I dunno. Texas is pretty f'd up for school funding. So much so that the state gets regularly sued by school districts about it (unconstitutional). The school districts usually win too.

Seems you have someone running for governor that says schools are a priority.