ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Seems you have someone running for governor that says schools are a priority.

Takes legislators to get off their butts to pass laws though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I was only allowed to buy 25 sets. They all went into Bunch of Clipping except for a few I sent to Seattle for FB Bunch of Clipping. I guess those were left over. Of the 25 sets, only 3 people have reported in. Sigh.

You had to buy your own cards!

Protest!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Schools here were supposed to get all the profits from the lottery. I guess they are but the state government then doesn't give them the money that they had before. Or the state mandates you have to do this and this and this, but doesn't give them the money to do it.

Yep. They gave them the lottery $ , but they took away the $ the state gave education.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Yep. They gave them the lottery $ , but they took away the $ the state gave education.

Exactly. Pennsylvania's lottery goes to seniors, and from what I've seen, it really does. That's a good state to be old in.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

hi dee ho

so Morrison recovered his balance by ~5:30 this morning, but still wobbly, so I carted all three of them to work today. joy. good thing I did as he ended up having raging diarrhea several times - that would NOT have been pleasant to come home and find. Santana's surgery went well - he is still on iv pain drugs (got the bag hanging on the wall and the iv pump goin!) so he is still pretty out of it.

and as far as I know, mr buck made it thru the night. I was up til after 3 and the lil redneck asshats didn't return. Doubt they will show tonight as it is raining and ugly. But if they do I will just call the sheriff.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:hi dee ho

so Morrison recovered his balance by ~5:30 this morning, but still wobbly, so I carted all three of them to work today. joy. good thing I did as he ended up having raging diarrhea several times - that would NOT have been pleasant to come home and find. Santana's surgery went well - he is still on iv pain drugs (got the bag hanging on the wall and the iv pump goin!) so he is still pretty out of it.

and as far as I know, mr buck made it thru the night. I was up til after 3 and the lil redneck asshats didn't return. Doubt they will show tonight as it is raining and ugly. But if they do I will just call the sheriff.

Glad to hear Mo's doing better and Santana's doing as well as can be expected. I sure liked the idea of cocking the shotgun, though. Let the Aaron Hernandezs know what it's like to be on the other end of a gun.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:hi dee ho

Glad the doggies are doing sort of ok.

When is it hunting season?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Glad the doggies are doing sort of ok.

When is it hunting season?

not entirely sure. it was always easy to remember in PA - the Mon after Thanksgiving was the first day of buck season. Up here there is the northern zone and the southern zone and balddybladdyblah.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Glad to hear Mo's doing better and Santana's doing as well as can be expected. I sure liked the idea of cocking the shotgun, though. Let the Aaron Hernandezs know what it's like to be on the other end of a gun.

yeah, but I got to thinkin that they have themselves a big ol bright spotlight that it might be hard to hide from!

And Tanners was sleeping peacefully until Morrison just tried to get up on the couch beside him, then proceeded to lay half on top of him. I yelled 'no!!!' as I pushed cats off my lap and tried to get there before it happened. Fortunately Tanners settled right back down. ahhhh, the power of morphine (and hydromorphone, and fentanyl, and ketamine, and lidocaine!!!)

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:yeah, but I got to thinkin that they have themselves a big ol bright spotlight that it might be hard to hide from!

And Tanners was sleeping peacefully until Morrison just tried to get up on the couch beside him, then proceeded to lay half on top of him. I yelled 'no!!!' as I pushed cats off my lap and tried to get there before it happened. Fortunately Tanners settled right back down. ahhhh, the power of morphine (and hydromorphone, and fentanyl, and ketamine, and lidocaine!!!)

Yeah, that cocktail ought to do it.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Yeah, that cocktail ought to do it.

so far, so good

the Fentanyl is actually a patch that won't start kicking in til around midnight, so the iv is his main pain relief. Wanna give him some oral nsaids but he has no interest in food yet. Maybe as I decrease the iv pain meds he will show some interest in food. or not. got some tasty roasters chickens waitin for him!

Lynnzoi

well, that wasn't pretty. He was whining so I tried to get him up and he couldn't so I tried to carry him outside and he screamed and flailed. Got him to the porch and set him down and when his front leg touched ground he started to scream...and pee....lots of both. I held him up for the duration. Now back on the couch sleeping. I think I'll go make a cool chamomile soak for his surgical site.

Gonna be another long night.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:well, that wasn't pretty. He was whining so I tried to get him up and he couldn't so I tried to carry him outside and he screamed and flailed. Got him to the porch and set him down and when his front leg touched ground he started to scream...and pee....lots of both. I held him up for the duration. Now back on the couch sleeping. I think I'll go make a cool chamomile soak for his surgical site.

I could use a drink just reading this. Good luck.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
Lynnzoi wrote:well, that wasn't pretty. He was whining so I tried to get him up and he couldn't so I tried to carry him outside and he screamed and flailed. Got him to the porch and set him down and when his front leg touched ground he started to scream...and pee....lots of both. I held him up for the duration. Now back on the couch sleeping. I think I'll go make a cool chamomile soak for his surgical site.

Hugs you and the fur babies.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:I could use a drink just reading this. Good luck.

thanks.....me too!

he's back to snoring....woohoo!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I just typed a really long post and lost it! this is the short version:

Hubby's Birthday - Black Forest Cake
My boobies were squished today
Spending lots of time with E and Daughter.
Huge yard sale tomorrow that starts at 7AM! This is yard sale season in the sunny South.
I forgot to pay Hubby's Shrine dues for the year. I am in the dog house!
Time for bed. Hugs to all.

Lynnzoi

joyner wrote:Hugs you and the fur babies.

thnx

at least the other 2 are worn out from being at work all day. the cats, otoh, are full of it!

Lynnzoi

joyner wrote:I just typed a really long post and lost it! this is the short version:

Huge yard sale tomorrow that starts at 7AM! This is yard sale season in the sunny South.

yum!
ouch!
yay!
woohoo!
uh oh!
gnite!

pooflady

joyner wrote:I just typed a really long post and lost it! this is the short version:

Is it too late to pay it?

pooflady

A friend and I made a huge order to LTD Commodities today because of $7 shipping for a $100 order. Frequently their shipping costs are a deal breaker. Some Christmas presents, some other stuff. They had a wide blade metal spatula that will be (hopefully) perfect for getting a meatloaf out of a pan and onto a platter. Half the time I tend to break them. And four or five cookies at a time off the cookie sheet and onto the wire racks.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hang in there, Lynn. Goodness knows, you're the best thing for those critters.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

Husband went to the first part of his 50th class reunion tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

pooflady

Good morning everyone. Terrible night's sleep, going back to bed.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Good morning everyone. Terrible night's sleep, going back to bed.

mornin

hear ya on that. will be (hopefully) napping throughout the day. Tanners did ok overnight - a couple more dramatic episodes of being carried outside but this morning he walked, well, hopped out on his own. Still trying to figure out how to balance himself.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Ouch.
Poor pup.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Husband went to the first part of his 50th class reunion tonight. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hubby is older than you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning everyone. Terrible night's sleep, going back to bed.

Me too. Don't know why.

Oh well.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:mornin

hear ya on that. will be (hopefully) napping throughout the day. Tanners did ok overnight - a couple more dramatic episodes of being carried outside but this morning he walked, well, hopped out on his own. Still trying to figure out how to balance himself.

Hi Lynnie!

Hope the pups are ok.

Rusty is going to be the poster doggie for stem cell surgery...at least for our vet practice (is that spelling wrong?)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby is older than you?

Yes.

pooflady

Glad things are looking up.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes.

Yeah, you are big sister age, but not that big sister.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Running is good.

I prefer a good walk. Or even better a "Walk Away the Pounds" video with Leslie Sansome. But then I'm not a fan of heat exhaustion. Up into the 80's again today with at least that much humidity.

Thankfully it looks like Karen is going to be nice to us. Dad and I spent most of week with his sister and her husband in Panama City. Had a great time. Aunt is finally ready to retire from managing her trailer park. So helped her to do research on companies and interviewed one. Will need to go back and help her fill out all the paperwork.

Dad did great! It was strange. The whole time we were down there he hardly coughed, we head home and he starts coughing more and coughing up blood.

Only lost 1.6 pounds this month. Need to get back to a little more control in eating. It is odd, every time I see someone I haven't seen in a while their first comment is, "Wow you've lost weight!" Their second is, "Are you doing it on purpose?" Yes I am losing weight on purpose. There is diabetes in spades on both sides of my family. Duh!!!

jawsuser

Mavyn wrote:Pass this on my walks at work. Not sure which I like better. Probably the first one, just for the color...the 2nd one is a better angle, but the tree is tipping drunkenly.

This is my favorite. So glad I am not the only one who takes pictures of trees I like.

jawsuser

Sad to hear about all the critter troubles. You are such a good mom for them all! Hope they are all doing better now.

Am finally caught up on all my reading back.

A funny (to me at least) happening. Since dad has joined my church he has had more calls and visitors from his old church than he has in probably the last three to six months! Funny how that works.

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Hi Lynnie!

Hope the pups are ok.

Rusty is going to be the poster doggie for stem cell surgery...at least for our vet practice (is that spelling wrong?)

that's kewel! you will have to post a copy of the poster! Rusty the celebrity dog!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, you are big sister age, but not that big sister.

Mine's next year. He's two years older than me, but PA's cutoff to start school was Jan. 31, so we only graduated a year apart.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Were we this old when we started here?

Woot made us old!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Were we this old when we started here?

Woot made us old!

Uh, I've been here almost nine years. I don't think it was Woot.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Uh, I've been here almost nine years. I don't think it was Woot.

It has to be something.

Blaming woot sounds as good as anything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:It has to be something.

smacks.