pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Did you sign up?

He won't tell us.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:He won't tell us.

I wonder which one of his hundreds of usernames he used?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Baby rats at petco!
I shouldn't have looked.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Baby rats at petco!
I shouldn't have looked.

No, you shouldn't have.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No, you shouldn't have.

Hubby said no.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Hubby said no.

who wears the pants in that house, anyway?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:who wears the pants in that house, anyway?

The dog

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Okay, I have tried to follow the conversation for the last page. I am lost on rats and signing up. Would someone please explain? I check daily and nothing seems to happen much. Skip two days and y'all have very busy lives.

LP just in case. If I get it what do I do with it?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Okay, I have tried to follow the conversation for the last page. I am lost on rats and signing up. Would someone please explain? I check daily and nothing seems to happen much. Skip two days and y'all have very busy lives.

Rats: My son left for college and I inherited his pet rat. The rat and I were best friends...and then he died. They usually only last 2 years because they catch a lung disease from the mom at birth. (Splinter's picture was in my sig line under the cheese, but it is gone.)
I got 2 more rats and then Rusty to replace Splinter.
I want more, but it is had to find young ones and the pet store has young, fancy rats right now. I want them. Hubby doesnt.

Signing up: Snapster started a new site. (He started woot). He just sent the first 1000 people who signed up a $20 amazon gift card. We could keep it, or buy the new offices a gift. My gift (a stuffed rat) was on the facebook page of the new site.

Last post: Since Cruzer is never around here or on facebook, who ever gets last post, gets to open the new post whores anomonous (can't spell it, anyone want to help me?)

Mr1 use to change his name every 1,000 post. We don't know if he signed up yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jawsuser wrote:Okay, I have tried to follow the conversation for the last page. I am lost on rats and signing up. Would someone please explain? I check daily and nothing seems to happen much. Skip two days and y'all have very busy lives.

We love her but Dname has this weird taste for rat l'orange. She's trying to stop but it looks like she's tempted by the rats at Petco. Sigh.

And if you get last post, you get bragging rights.

Last post

Edit: drat too late. Dname beat my post.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:We love her but Dname has this weird taste for rat l'orange. She's trying to stop but it looks like she's tempted by the rats at Petco. Sigh.

And if you get last post, you get bragging rights.

rat l'orange. //snicker//
Last post

Edit: drat too late. Dname beat my post.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:

Nothing much to say?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Nothing much to say?

I know I posted something a little while ago, but it's gone.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I know I posted something a little while ago, but it's gone.

Sorry, being an AmeriCorp is very busy work! I have so much to do and I come home and just check out half the time, plus the Versions have been working through the flu, one at a time.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sorry, being an AmeriCorp is very busy work! I have so much to do and I come home and just check out half the time, plus the Versions have been working through the flu, one at a time.

That is very impolite of them. The least they could do would be to get sick all at once.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Rats: the pet store has young, fancy rats right now. I want them. Hubby doesnt.

and he gets a say b/c he has to take care of them when you leave on vacations w/o him, rite?

dontwantaname wrote:
Mr1 use to change his name every 1,000 post.

huh? i have well over 1,000 posts and am still posting with the same name (albeit less often than b4)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:huh? i have well over 1,000 posts and am still posting with the same name (albeit less often than b4)

use to

The rat vet also threatened me if I buy another rat from the pet store.
But that is just because her whole staff bonded with them when we were on vacation.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Roofers come tomorrow.
I get to bring mom to the doctor while hubby gets to spend his day off watching the roofers.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:He's having a total knee replacement Tuesday.

My uncle had both his done. After the first one he said he wished he had not waited so long. It was much better. The main thing is to do the PT. It sounds like it is Pain and Torture, but it is needed to get full range of motion. Will keep Poofguy in my prayers.

jawsuser

First something funny/odd for dname. The other day I was walking to check the Great Hole that used to be a road and there was a group of yellow butterflies flitting around the lower spillway.

Does anyone know what a group of butterflies are called? Would they be a herd, or a pack, or... ?

Sad Dad update. Since last Sunday he has been coughing up more blood than ever before. Hospice said it's not a good sign, but that's all they said. He has had another bad weekend of coughing his lungs out. This may sound bad but in some ways it will be a relief when God takes him home. Watching some one getting older or dying is NOT for wimps.

We see the radiologist next Friday for a one month checkup. This sounds weird, but dad's smell is changing. He is getting a nastier strong smell this last week. He has had a different smell since he was diagnosed with cancer, it's just getting stronger and changing.

I used to be able to tell when my mom was getting sick when I was a kid by the way she smelled. She would smell like tomatoes when she got sick.

There is a woman from church who has felt that God told her to take me to church. Unfortunately she has a bad habit of going on trips and forgetting to tell me she will be out of town. She did it again today. I found out I didn't have a ride when I called her at 9 a.m. Sunday School starts at 9:15. It has become a habit so I've decided enough! God didn't tell me to ride with her. My cousin will take me both ways so I know I will have a ride. I have enough on my plate without having to try and find a ride at the last minute. Thankfully I wasn't teaching this Sunday! I will be so glad to get back to a town with transit!!!

Good news! I saw a prosthodontist Friday and it sounds like he will be able to get some teeth to work for me. It will be nice to have teeth again so I can eat better.

End of report. Last Post

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
jawsuser wrote:Does anyone know what a group of butterflies are called? Would they be a herd, or a pack, or... ?

a flight or a flutter would be most common

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
jawsuser wrote:
Does anyone know what a group of butterflies are called? Would they be a herd, or a pack, or... ?

dougall wrote:a flight or a flutter would be most common

or, according to ask.com - A group of butterflies is known as a flight, a kaleidoscope, a rabble or a swarm.

and ask wiki sez this
'Both "leking" and "swarm" are terms used by entomologist in describing the grouping of butterflies.'

I think I like kaleidoscope

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
dontwantaname wrote:The dog

That would make poop check easier.

no1

blanked wrote:That would make poop check easier.

//checks pants

whew! clean this time!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Back to work after a weekend fish convention...whew. Tired.

But had fun and met some great people and learned a bit. And got more fish.

Guess I should work now.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

So I have been thinking about coming to woot for the last two or three weeks, but every time I get distracted with something else. I thought I would give you guys an update.

First, the new job is pretty good. The pay is pretty awesome. They do things much differently here that what I am used to, but I am figuring it out. I like to think that I am smart, but sometimes learning new things can make you feel pretty stupid.

The good news is that I know that I love learning new things that I find interesting. As someone who claims to like cars, working with car data seems like a pretty good fit.

There are still things that I miss about the old job, but I'm learning that things function much differently here than they did in the gov'ment. Luckily, this job doesn't "shutdown" like those crazy ass feds (congress, not the other people).

In other news, we have started looking for a new house. We have put in an offer on a couple houses already but neither of them stuck. Since we are in an apartment, we don't have anything rushing us to buy a house so it's wasn't really a big deal.

There's nothing really else that is new with me so I guess I'll just stop there and say Hi! It's been awhile. See you next time!