ThunderThighs


quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
dontwantaname wrote:Thanks



Yep. I was gonna say, sounds like a water hammer issue. Happens when the valve closes too quickly, all the momentum of the water moving through the pipes has nowhere to go, so it slams the pipes around. Should be a relatively easy fix (if you have any plumbing skills), a special damper that goes in the pipeline to absorb the excess energy.


dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Pull out couch is dust free.
Wasn't that bad.


Bed has been sanitized. Not sure why. But if my brain says I need to clean, I might as well do it.
It says it less and less.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:If we were to ever meet, I think we'd get along for about a day.



Pffffft. I'm quite nice... most of the time.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:Door or tommy?



uh, tommy, i guess....!

dontwantaname wrote:I think you like smacks

//smack



must not be a stephen king fan!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Turken wrote:Yep. I was gonna say, sounds like a water hammer issue. Happens when the valve closes too quickly, all the momentum of the water moving through the pipes has nowhere to go, so it slams the pipes around. Should be a relatively easy fix (if you have any plumbing skills), a special damper that goes in the pipeline to absorb the excess energy.



dr. turducken,

i read this on the interwebs so it must be true:

"Plumbing that's properly installed has air chambers, or cushions, that compress when the shock wave hits, softening the blow and preventing this hammering. The chambers can fail, though, because water under pressure gradually absorbs the air.

"If you never had hammering and then it suddenly starts, most likely your plumbing system's air chambers have become waterlogged. You can cure water hammer by turning off the water behind the waterlogged chamber, opening the offending faucet and permitting the faucet to drain thoroughly. Once all the water drains from the chamber, air will fill it again and restore the cushion. If the air chamber is located below the outlet, you may have to drain the main supply lines to allow the chamber to fill with air again."

(the air chamber being deadended vertical runs of pipe near each valve or faucet. that is, mabe all they have to do is drain the plumbing then refill, w/o installing any new dampers.)

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/plumbing/how-to-fix-pipes5.htm

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
ThunderThighs wrote:Pffffft. I'm quite nice... most of the time.



So am I . . . for about a day.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:If we were to ever meet, I think we'd get along for about a day.



What do you mean...if?
We are planning on showing up at your door someday.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
no1 wrote:dr. turducken,

i read this on the interwebs so it must be true:

"Plumbing that's properly installed has air chambers, or cushions, that compress when the shock wave hits, softening the blow and preventing this hammering. The chambers can fail, though, because water under pressure gradually absorbs the air.

"If you never had hammering and then it suddenly starts, most likely your plumbing system's air chambers have become waterlogged. You can cure water hammer by turning off the water behind the waterlogged chamber, opening the offending faucet and permitting the faucet to drain thoroughly. Once all the water drains from the chamber, air will fill it again and restore the cushion. If the air chamber is located below the outlet, you may have to drain the main supply lines to allow the chamber to fill with air again."

(the air chamber being deadended vertical runs of pipe near each valve or faucet. that is, mabe all they have to do is drain the plumbing then refill, w/o installing any new dampers.)

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/plumbing/how-to-fix-pipes5.htm



yep. sounds about right. I had the water heater expansion tank pictured in my mind (which will also help muffle the hammering), but reading that description points out that there probably are anti-hammer standoffs already installed in the line that just need cleaning/draining since the problem started rather suddenly.


AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:What do you mean...if?
We are planning on showing up at your door someday.



My door is unlikely to be where you think it is by then.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:So am I . . . for about a day.



24 hours?

I find that hard to believe.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:My door is unlikely to be where you think it is by then.



How can I send Christmas cards if I don't have an address???


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:How can I send Christmas cards if I don't have an address???



he can prolly have mail forwarded from his old address to his new address w/o giving the new one to you.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:24 hours?

I find that hard to believe.



More like eight daylight hours - perhaps less.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:How can I send Christmas cards if I don't have an address???



Hey! This the new America; Christmas is not PC!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista

Since my goodnight post never posted....

Conductive thread is thread that conducts electricity. I am making a hoodie that has our department logo on the back (done) with 12 LEDs sewn in a matrix (done) that will connect to a LilyPad Arduino controller board on the front of the jacket and hopefully a sound sensor, although the more I look at it I think the voltage may be too high on the one I ordered from Amazon which has the 5 day 2 day shipping for some reason.... I'd order one that I'm fairly sure will work, but it's going to take too long to get here. The program I have written for the lights will work without the sensor, the sensor is just to make it more interesting. (and yes I am making it for work, sorta)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Since my goodnight post never posted....

Conductive thread is thread that conducts electricity. I am making a hoodie that has our department logo on the back (done) with 12 LEDs sewn in a matrix (done) that will connect to a LilyPad Arduino controller board on the front of the jacket and hopefully a sound sensor, although the more I look at it I think the voltage may be too high on the one I ordered from Amazon which has the 5 day 2 day shipping for some reason.... I'd order one that I'm fairly sure will work, but it's going to take too long to get here. The program I have written for the lights will work without the sensor, the sensor is just to make it more interesting. (and yes I am making it for work, sorta)


Sounds cool., I hope you take a video of it and upload it.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Hey! This the new America; Christmas is not PC!



You are getting a Christmas card, weather (I know that is wrong...can't find the right one) you want one, or not!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:he can prolly have mail forwarded from his old address to his new address w/o giving the new one to you.



Only for a year , or less.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:More like eight daylight hours - perhaps less.



That sounds more reasonable.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:You are getting a Christmas card, weather (I know that is wrong...can't find the right one) you want one, or not!



whether

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:That sounds more reasonable.



Or makes me more unreasonable.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:whether



Thanks.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Since my goodnight post never posted....

Conductive thread is thread that conducts electricity. I am making a hoodie that has our department logo on the back (done) with 12 LEDs sewn in a matrix (done) that will connect to a LilyPad Arduino controller board on the front of the jacket and hopefully a sound sensor, although the more I look at it I think the voltage may be too high on the one I ordered from Amazon which has the 5 day 2 day shipping for some reason.... I'd order one that I'm fairly sure will work, but it's going to take too long to get here. The program I have written for the lights will work without the sensor, the sensor is just to make it more interesting. (and yes I am making it for work, sorta)



I have no clue what you are talking about.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I have no clue what you are talking about.



NEWS FLASH!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:NEWS FLASH!!



Don't think it is news anymore.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So, you can only wear it until it gets dirty?
How would you clean an electric hoodie?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
ThunderThighs wrote:Sounds cool., I hope you take a video of it and upload it.



I think I will have to when it's done.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Don't think it is news anymore.



Only when it's posted out loud!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:So, you can only wear it until it gets dirty?
How would you clean an electric hoodie?



Remove the battery and hand wash. All electric components (as long as they can't trap the water) are water resistant when they do not have power.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Only when it's posted out loud!!



WELL, LOUD IS ALWAYS BETTER!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:WELL, LOUD IS ALWAYS BETTER!



No, not always.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Only for a year , or less.



what if he submits the forwarding form again after a year?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Woo-hoo. Won $420. A good day.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

My prediction on the Boston bomber dude.
Lone wack-job, pipe bombs built in his basement using black powder.
What a sad, sad event for those involved.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Woo-hoo. Won $420. A good day.



When is the ebw party?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:My prediction on the Boston bomber dude.
Lone wack-job, pipe bombs built in his basement using black powder.
What a sad, sad event for those involved.



For some reason, that would be the least scary cause.

It should be the most scary. There is always a mad nut job slinking around. No way to prevent that.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:When is the ebw party?



Bought lottery tickets on the way home.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:For some reason, that would be the least scary cause.

It should be the most scary. There is always a mad nut job slinking around. No way to prevent that.



Just getting caught up on the news. Horrible.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Hi all. Dad update. He had a wonderful day today. Actually went out with me to my chiropractic/massage appt. Stayed in the car. Then we ate lunch at a buffet. Its the first time he has been out of the house since the 30th of March.

His step son called yesterday and they had a good chat. Nice he seems to have quit playing games and making me the bad guy.

Tomorrow a good friend from his army days is coming over for a visit. Dad will really enjoy that I hope today doesn't tire him out too much.

Can't believe what happened in Boston. Such a shock. Of course my dad has a conspiracy theory already. He blames the President saying Obama is doing everything in his power to split the nation.

Oh well, that's my news update, now back to your regularly scheduled discussions.

KtC your hoodie sounds wonderful. I was wondering with a name like conductive thread.