dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, all.

Evening Gman.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Well, that turned out much better than I expected. Just the sixth grade band (of course, there were about 60 of them). Less than an hour. Must have been at least 15 sets of drums. Really hard telling what the songs were. I recognized Frere Jacques, Tequila, and We Will Rock You, which required audience participation.

Some days are a total waste of makeup.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Well, that turned out much better than I expected. Just the sixth grade band (of course, there were about 60 of them). Less than an hour. Must have been at least 15 sets of drums. Really hard telling what the songs were. I recognized Frere Jacques, Tequila, and We Will Rock You, which required audience participation.

Only 6 more years to go.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:The only good rectals are the very first one in third grade and the Carnegie Hall one in college.

luckily i dropped out after second grade so i avoided those rectals.

in the end, there are no good rectals.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:luckily i dropped out after second grade so i avoided those rectals.

in the end, there are no good rectals.

No, that first one in 3rd grade, when you actually know what they are playing, was great.
The last one in Carnegie Hall was wonderful too.

It is all the one's in the middle ....

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:No, that first one in 3rd grade, when you actually know what they are playing, was great.
The last one in Carnegie Hall was wonderful too.

It is all the one's in the middle ....

frankly, i would not like having a rectal exam in carnegie hall.

pooflady

no1 wrote:frankly, i would not like having a rectal exam in carnegie hall.

That surprises me.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//sigh

//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote://sigh

//smack

you disagree?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:you disagree?

Will it be done with a flute?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

I guess it lacks the intimacy of the prison shower room...

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I guess it lacks the intimacy of the prison shower room...

//snicker//

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Have fun!

Well I did have a nice dinner (tapas, but it was perfect after flying all day). My friend had to back out, her boss called her back to work when she was about halfway here. Apparently, her hotel is completely booked tonight. She's not in St. Louis, but she isn't that far out.... kinda suspect that a percentage are coming to the big event here.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Well I did have a nice dinner (tapas, but it was perfect after flying all day). My friend had to back out, her boss called her back to work when she was about halfway here. Apparently, her hotel is completely booked tonight. She's not in St. Louis, but she isn't that far out.... kinda suspect that a percentage are coming to the big event here.

Since I am oblivious...why are you there?

What happened with the job interview.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Since I am oblivious...why are you there?

What happened with the job interview.

I'm volunteering at the World's Festival (the International level of the FIRST competitions).

As for the job.... I still don't know. I asked before I left because it does affect how I introduce myself here, but no info available. //sigh

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

Iceback

Good morning all.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', I'back; folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Mornin', I'back; folks.

Hi AZ, Hi Ice.

Mom day was switched to today. Rain yesterday. See you latter.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Had a doctor appointment and a dentist appointment today. Card club tonight. Busy, busy, busy. Heading for WallyWorld now.

pooflady

Having a gastrointestinal problem, the details of which I won't go into, but the doctor said he wants me to drink 2 quarts of water every day. I really don't think this is doable.

no1

pooflady wrote:Having a gastrointestinal problem, the details of which I won't go into, but the doctor said he wants me to drink 2 quarts of water every day. I really don't think this is doable.

isn't this just the 8 cups of water a day they used to say you should drink?

pooflady

no1 wrote:isn't this just the 8 cups of water a day they used to say you should drink?

Yes, but I never did. In fact, was happy when they decided that that wasn't true so I didn't feel guilty. And I still can't understand why things like coffee and tea don't count.

no1

pooflady wrote:Yes, but I never did. In fact, was happy when they decided that that wasn't true so I didn't feel guilty. And I still can't understand why things like coffee and tea don't count.

i think it does count.

but then again, i'm just a drone in sector 7g.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Anything exciting happen today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Yes, but I never did. In fact, was happy when they decided that that wasn't true so I didn't feel guilty. And I still can't understand why things like coffee and tea don't count.

Its the caffeine in them. Its a diuretic. My dad says after he drinks one he Ps38. (Like the airplane - its his joke)

Hoping to be feeling better soon. Have caught some bug. Trying to stay away from dad - he is doing good and doesn't need this crud.

Happy belated bday Gman.

KtC any word on the job?

Turken Congrats on the job!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No new monkeys. I'll stay up, just to make sure.

While checking for monkeys, I think I might have not received a bag I ordered. Have to check the car, that is where I would have put it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Its the caffeine in them. Its a diuretic. My dad says after he drinks one he Ps38. (Like the airplane - its his joke)

Hoping to be feeling better soon. Have caught some bug. Trying to stay away from dad - he is doing good and doesn't need this crud.

Happy belated bday Gman.

KtC any word on the job?

Turken Congrats on the job!

Hi Jawsuser, feel better.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Hi Jawsuser, feel better.

Thanks d'name.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:Its the caffeine in them. Its a diuretic. My dad says after he drinks one he Ps38. (Like the airplane - its his joke)

Even if it's decaf?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Iceback

Good morning all.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:Good morning all.

Mornin', I'back; folks.

pooflady

Good morning. The sun's shining, but it's cold.

no1

pooflady wrote:Even if it's decaf?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2012/09/plain-water-get-your-8-glasses-a-day/

"Some of the confusion has stemmed from the fact that many commonly consumed beverages contain caffeine, which is considered to be a diuretic. The thinking goes like this: if caffeine makes you urinate, then a caffeinated drink will surely cause you to lose more water than you take in, so a caffeinated drink can’t really be a fluid – maybe it’s more like a ‘negative fluid’.

"Well, here’s the good news for coffee and tea lovers – it turns out that, for the most part, this simply isn’t true. A review¹on the topic, which summarized numerous studies on the subject conducted over nearly 40 years, reported that taking in a large amount of caffeine at one time (around 300 mg, or what you’d get in 2-3 cups of strong coffee – and not an amount you’d drink all at once) can promote urination, but only in people who haven’t had any caffeine for weeks. And those who are habitual caffeine consumers develop a tolerance to the diuretic effects – much like they develop a tolerance to the stimulating effects. The report also stated that “doses of caffeine equivalent to the amount normally found in standard servings of tea, coffee and carbonated soft drinks appear to have no diuretic action”. So there you go; caffeinated beverages definitely “count” when it comes to meeting fluid needs."

pooflady

no1 wrote:http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2012/09/plain-water-get-your-8-glasses-a-day/

"Some of the confusion has stemmed from the fact that many commonly consumed beverages contain caffeine, which is considered to be a diuretic. The thinking goes like this: if caffeine makes you urinate, then a caffeinated drink will surely cause you to lose more water than you take in, so a caffeinated drink can’t really be a fluid – maybe it’s more like a ‘negative fluid’.

"Well, here’s the good news for coffee and tea lovers – it turns out that, for the most part, this simply isn’t true. A review¹on the topic, which summarized numerous studies on the subject conducted over nearly 40 years, reported that taking in a large amount of caffeine at one time (around 300 mg, or what you’d get in 2-3 cups of strong coffee – and not an amount you’d drink all at once) can promote urination, but only in people who haven’t had any caffeine for weeks. And those who are habitual caffeine consumers develop a tolerance to the diuretic effects – much like they develop a tolerance to the stimulating effects. The report also stated that “doses of caffeine equivalent to the amount normally found in standard servings of tea, coffee and carbonated soft drinks appear to have no diuretic action”. So there you go; caffeinated beverages definitely “count” when it comes to meeting fluid needs."

Thanks, that helps a lot. This is now doable.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! We are driving back to the beach. We loved being home with daughter and Elizabeth . Seeing her laugh is such a joy! We have to go back in a couple of weeks so can play again. Daughter needs to rehome her Pomeraians so they can go to the beach with us.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi, nothing going on here.

Bye. See ya.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Went for ice cream and cake at grandson #1's 18th birthday. Now I'm home.

jawsuser

joyner wrote:Hey everybody! We are driving back to the beach. We loved being home with daughter and Elizabeth . Seeing her laugh is such a joy! We have to go back in a couple of weeks so can play again. Daughter needs to rehome her Pomeraians so they can go to the beach with us.

I'm clueless why 'rehome?'

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:I'm clueless why 'rehome?'

I would like to know too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!