pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Dinner's done. Baked chicken parmesan. No work. Guess it's time to settle in with a book. I'll check here every once in a while in case anyone shows up.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Dinner's done. Baked chicken parmesan. No work. Guess it's time to settle in with a book. I'll check here every once in a while in case anyone shows up.

You know that nobody will show up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You know that nobody will show up.

One can but hope.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:One can but hope.

That is true.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:That is true.

See.

Nobody.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:That is true.

Seems like it's time for No1 to show up. I don't think Ice comes much at night anymore.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Seems like it's time for No1 to show up. I don't think Ice comes much at night anymore.

Does no1 show up on sunday?
So what is new with you?

Nothing much going on here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Does no1 show up on sunday?
So what is new with you?

Nothing much going on here.

Had a really short battle with husband yesterday, which surprised me. He wanted me to hold the ladder so he could get on the roof and clean out the gutters. I've never seen as much whatever the stuff is called as has come off the oak tree this year. Big gobs of it everywhere. Anyway, I voiced my opposition to him getting on the roof, and he very ungraciously asked who was going to do it. I said one of the kids and he said how many weeks. So I called kid #2 and he's coming tomorrow to do the gutters and take the cover off the awning.

68 year old man with bad knees does not need to be running around on the roof.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Had a really short battle with husband yesterday, which surprised me. He wanted me to hold the ladder so he could get on the roof and clean out the gutters. I've never seen as much whatever the stuff is called as has come off the oak tree this year. Big gobs of it everywhere. Anyway, I voiced my opposition to him getting on the roof, and he very ungraciously asked who was going to do it. I said one of the kids and he said how many weeks. So I called kid #2 and he's coming tomorrow to do the gutters and take the cover off the awning.

68 year old man with bad knees does not need to be running around on the roof.

Hubby doesn't like going on the roof anymore. He put TV antenna's up when he worked for his dad as a kid.
No more. He won't go up and take our antenna's down. Only one using them are the birds.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby doesn't like going on the roof anymore. He put TV antenna's up when he worked for his dad as a kid.
No more. He won't go up and take our antenna's down. Only one using them are the birds.

Smart guy. I think we're dealing with a little macho problem here. Won't admit he's not as young as he used to be.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Smart guy. I think we're dealing with a little macho problem here. Won't admit he's not as young as he used to be.

Well, he is still going to move son with just the two of them.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well, he is still going to move son with just the two of them.

Where's son going? Have you ever counted up how many times you've moved him?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Where's son going? Have you ever counted up how many times you've moved him?

Well....he doesn't know yet.
He was all set to go to Buffalo . He went up and saw the school and met the people. Really liked it.

Then, out of the blue, the university of New Hampshire offered him a full scholarship.

Neither schools (Buffalo and NH) scholarship is based on class ranking. Once you have it, you keep it.

Lots of law schools do base the money on how well you do. They know a certain # of kids will lose scholarship money every year.

NH has a new Dean and the school has risen in the rankings since he came. Still ranked lower than Buffalo, but a full ride is still a full ride.

He is going soon to check it out. If he likes it as much as the other school, he'll go.

So, right now we don't know if he is going to Buffalo, or Concord NH.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well....he doesn't know yet.
He was all set to go to Buffalo . He went up and saw the school and met the people. Really liked it.

Then, out of the blue, the university of New Hampshire offered him a full scholarship.

Neither schools (Buffalo and NH) scholarship is based on class ranking. Once you have it, you keep it.

Lots of law schools do base the money on how well you do. They know a certain # of kids will lose scholarship money every year.

NH has a new Dean and the school has risen in the rankings since he came. Still ranked lower than Buffalo, but a full ride is still a full ride.

He is going soon to check it out. If he likes it as much as the other school, he'll go.

So, right now we don't know if he is going to Buffalo, or Concord NH.

Both cold with a lot of snow. Daughter did better, she moved south.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Both cold with a lot of snow. Daughter did better, she moved south.

Yeah, this from the kid who wouldn't look at any colleges north of nyc.
Then transferred after one semester to upstate NY.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, this from the kid who wouldn't look at any colleges north of nyc.
Then transferred after one semester to upstate NY.

Bedtime. See you tomorrow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Bedtime. See you tomorrow.

Sleep well

Morning, morning people!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Rain in the mountains, rain at the beach, if this storm had come through a couple of months ago it would have been a huge blizzard! Our friends are still here. More friends from the mountains are staying a couple of miles south of us. I hope we can all get together this week.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Good morning. Sun's out, but it's raining.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good morning. Sun's out, but it's raining.

Did you go out to find the rainbow?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hummm, It looks like the insurance rejected my physical therapy request.

Not sure. Somehow something that could be said in a few sentences is 2 full pages of small print.

Not sure I even need it, but if they did only approve one visit, guess I'll have to pay for one and write down what I have to do.

Unfortunately the doctor will want the full price, not what they would get from insurance.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hummm, It looks like the insurance rejected my physical therapy request.

Not sure. Somehow something that could be said in a few sentences is 2 full pages of small print.

Not sure I even need it, but if they did only approve one visit, guess I'll have to pay for one and write down what I have to do.

Unfortunately the doctor will want the full price, not what they would get from insurance.

That's odd that they wouldn't pay for two visits.

AZGman

Evenin', folks.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Evenin', folks.

Hello.

Our financial dude was here this afternoon for nearly two hours. His big yearly visit. We always feel so good by the time he leaves, even if we've lost money. This time we made some, so even better.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Hello.

Our financial dude was here this afternoon for nearly two hours. His big yearly visit. We always feel so good by the time he leaves, even if we've lost money. This time we made some, so even better.

Good deal!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Hello.

Yay drinks are on Poof!

Not much to report. Orc is uploading video from this weekend's dance performances on FB. Just two of the dozen songs the kids did, but FB does such cruddy encoding that they look all jittery, when they aren't. Kids did well, didn't even dance all their songs.

Best friend came up to visit with his wife. They left a bag of Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles for me to eat. They're disgusting, making me nauseous (which isn't hard with how much sun exposure I had over the weekend) and unpleasant, but I can't stop eating them....

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

pooflady

I've been wanting a big, juicy hamburger, so we went to a restaurant tonight, we had a coupon for $10 off $20. Both ordered the burgers medium, both had extra toppings and sides. Neither of the burgers had a trace of pink in them. Mentioned it to the waitress who sent the manager over. He wasn't even up to the table when he said he could see there was no pink, apologized, offered to make two more. Neither of us wanted to take the time and they weren't awful, so we thanked him, but no. When we got the bill, the only charge was 2.66 for husband's beer. It should have been $23 something. Can't beat that. In fact, might go back tomorrow night with that coupon because there was a garlic infused sirloin that looked really good.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's odd that they wouldn't pay for two visits.

It seems that was for the first visit. They will pay for 6 more.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Yay drinks are on Poof!

Not much to report. Orc is uploading video from this weekend's dance performances on FB. Just two of the dozen songs the kids did, but FB does such cruddy encoding that they look all jittery, when they aren't. Kids did well, didn't even dance all their songs.

Best friend came up to visit with his wife. They left a bag of Cheddar Sour Cream Ruffles for me to eat. They're disgusting, making me nauseous (which isn't hard with how much sun exposure I had over the weekend) and unpleasant, but I can't stop eating them....

That is how the chips people survive. There is something about the texture and crunch that is addictive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I've been wanting a big, juicy hamburger, so we went to a restaurant tonight, we had a coupon for $10 off $20. Both ordered the burgers medium, both had extra toppings and sides. Neither of the burgers had a trace of pink in them. Mentioned it to the waitress who sent the manager over. He wasn't even up to the table when he said he could see there was no pink, apologized, offered to make two more. Neither of us wanted to take the time and they weren't awful, so we thanked him, but no. When we got the bill, the only charge was 2.66 for husband's beer. It should have been $23 something. Can't beat that. In fact, might go back tomorrow night with that coupon because there was a garlic infused sirloin that looked really good.

Not bad!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:It seems that was for the first visit. They will pay for 6 more.

Are you going?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Are you going?

Sure, so far it is just getting the legs back in shape. Nowhere near as painful as other people have said physical therapy can be.

I have pink rubber tape on my knee now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
ThunderThighs wrote:Probably around June 2 or 3rd? Haven't figured out everything yet. Driving from GA.

Depending on where at in GA, you could come down my way. I'm in the scenic panhandle of FL.

pooflady

Castle time.

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:Depending on where at in GA, you could come down my way. I'm in the scenic panhandle of FL.

Files this away in case I get the gusto to visit my inlaws in SC...

Does anyone know a fast way to heal popped blisters? I have 7 on the bottom of one foot - no idea, not uncommon to get one, but this is crazy! I can barely walk or stand without wanting to cry. I'm pretty tough, but I hate having any foot pain, it's a weak spot in the mental defense.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

W the F? I eat this for breakfast.
Aren't you suppose to?

5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better

By Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD

Here's an important strategy to live younger and longer: Get enough sleep. Insomnia -- or even just getting less than 6 hours of good sleep a night -- increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, and viral infections, but snoozing 6½ to 7½ hours can make your RealAge younger.

Did you know humans die earlier without sleep than they do without food? Fortunately, food could be the solution to your sleep problems. A couple of hours before bedtime, curl up with one of the following sleepy-time snacks that get your brain to release sleep-friendly chemicals. (Take this assessment to find out what's causing your sleep problems.)

Almonds: A handful contains muscle-relaxing magnesium and sleep-inducing tryptophan, which increases the brain's level of feel-good serotonin. They’re one of the healthiest foods that help you sleep better.

Bananas: Beneath the peel is a trifecta of soothers: serotonin, magnesium, and melatonin, your body's natural sleep regulator. (Here's another health benefit of sleep.)

Skim milk: Mom was right -- a warm glassful will help you sleep better. The milk's tryptophan has a sedating effect. Plus, the calcium helps your brain use that tryptophan.

Oatmeal: Oats are rich in sleep-regulating melatonin. If you drizzle just a little honey on top, it tells your brain to turn off orexin, a neuropeptide linked to alertness.

Whole-wheat bread: A slice of toast dotted with banana slices releases insulin, which helps tryptophan get to your brain. There it changes into serotonin and whispers, "Sweet dreams."

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Castle:

Lost control of the drone over long island.

Hubby, Rusty and I saw a drone in the grade school field. It followed us for awhile.
Couldn't figure out what it was. Then saw something on the news about personal drones.
Maybe it was this one!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:W the F? I eat this for breakfast.
Aren't you suppose to?

5 Foods That Help You Sleep Better

By Mehmet C. Oz, MD, and Michael F. Roizen, MD

Here's an important strategy to live younger and longer: Get enough sleep. Insomnia -- or even just getting less than 6 hours of good sleep a night -- increases your risk of heart disease, stroke, and viral infections, but snoozing 6½ to 7½ hours can make your RealAge younger.

Did you know humans die earlier without sleep than they do without food? Fortunately, food could be the solution to your sleep problems. A couple of hours before bedtime, curl up with one of the following sleepy-time snacks that get your brain to release sleep-friendly chemicals. (Take this assessment to find out what's causing your sleep problems.)

Almonds: A handful contains muscle-relaxing magnesium and sleep-inducing tryptophan, which increases the brain's level of feel-good serotonin. They’re one of the healthiest foods that help you sleep better.

Bananas: Beneath the peel is a trifecta of soothers: serotonin, magnesium, and melatonin, your body's natural sleep regulator. (Here's another health benefit of sleep.)

Skim milk: Mom was right -- a warm glassful will help you sleep better. The milk's tryptophan has a sedating effect. Plus, the calcium helps your brain use that tryptophan.

Oatmeal: Oats are rich in sleep-regulating melatonin. If you drizzle just a little honey on top, it tells your brain to turn off orexin, a neuropeptide linked to alertness.

Whole-wheat bread: A slice of toast dotted with banana slices releases insulin, which helps tryptophan get to your brain. There it changes into serotonin and whispers, "Sweet dreams."

Add peanut butter to the banana and wheat bread. Or better yet, add chocolate chips and peanut butter! YUM!