jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

lunch, bbl

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:lunch, bbl

Long lunch!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Tell him Rusty and I said hi!

Will do. I got your card this weekend. THANK YOU! ♥

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Will do. I got your card this weekend. THANK YOU! ♥

You'er welcome!

We still don't know what is going on.

This is as bad as when people speak a different language and throw words in english in.

You don't have enough info to know what is happening, but the brain kicks in every time an english word is spoken.

I think maybe a puppy or kitten can cure your problem!

Or just make a new problem.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Off to the dog park.
Not the one Rusty loves, that one is too muddy.
Town insist grass is a good subsurface for a dog park.
It is....until it dies....which it will once the dogs are running around on it.
Maybe zoyza might work, but that is not what it was.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Yay, new Castle tonight.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:Long lunch!

yeah yeah yeah, it was lunch with my Dad, and then a run to the bank to get enough money into my account to cover my COBRA payment for the month. That stuff is crazy expensive!

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

jqubed

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

howdy, Gman

Skye — 1997-2007

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
jqubed wrote:howdy, Gman

What' up, bud?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jqubed wrote:Hi, KtC! How are you and Orc?

Doing good. I'm fighting a headcold, but eh... can't always have it perfect.

Orc's got a part-time gig at the "other" University and I'm in the middle of waiting for a promotion to go through HR at "this" University. I'm working for the state 4-H office (which is part of the University) and he's doing some programming. It's all pretty good.

I've seen some media and TV jobs recently, out this way and all. If you ever think of moving to the other side of the country.... well I'm not sure I know enough people to hook you up, but there may be more options.

Beware the V'owls screech!

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:yeah yeah yeah, it was lunch with my Dad, and then a run to the bank to get enough money into my account to cover my COBRA payment for the month. That stuff is crazy expensive!

Try it with a family! We opted to let it go. It was more than the unemployment and we had to have something to buy food with. Weird to think soon I'll have two insurances, but that's how it goes here.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jqubed wrote:yeah yeah yeah, it was lunch with my Dad, and then a run to the bank to get enough money into my account to cover my COBRA payment for the month. That stuff is crazy expensive!

do you have to feed it mice every day?

no1

KtCallista wrote:Try it with a family!

euphemism?

jqubed

AZGman wrote:What' up, bud?

Got distracted watching Roller Coaster videos on YouTube

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Doing good. I'm fighting a headcold, but eh... can't always have it perfect.

Orc's got a part-time gig at the "other" University and I'm in the middle of waiting for a promotion to go through HR at "this" University. I'm working for the state 4-H office (which is part of the University) and he's doing some programming. It's all pretty good.

I've seen some media and TV jobs recently, out this way and all. If you ever think of moving to the other side of the country.... well I'm not sure I know enough people to hook you up, but there may be more options.

Nice! I think if I start looking to move, I'll probably look towards New York, but I've also started broadening my search from just video/TV jobs to more general PR jobs, and I think there are a lot more openings for those around here than more strictly TV/video.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Try it with a family! We opted to let it go. It was more than the unemployment and we had to have something to buy food with. Weird to think soon I'll have two insurances, but that's how it goes here.

If my parents weren't helping my out I probably couldn't do it, but I needed to get some dental work done. They've really been super helpful.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

no1 wrote:do you have to feed it mice every day?

no, rats

Skye — 1997-2007

no1

jqubed wrote:no, rats

don't tell dname.

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:If my parents weren't helping my out I probably couldn't do it, but I needed to get some dental work done. They've really been super helpful.

Yeah, that's nice. Good to get the dental out of the way too. That's the only appointments I didn't get into spring break, need to find a time to schedule those.

jqubed

no1 wrote:don't tell dname.

ok, I will

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Yeah, that's nice. Good to get the dental out of the way too. That's the only appointments I didn't get into spring break, need to find a time to schedule those.

Can the kids go during a school day?

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'm not sure who thinks COBRA is a good idea.
We paid for Daughter when she didn't have insurance. It is really expensive. People who need it, sure can't afford it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

jqubed wrote:Can the kids go during a school day?

oh boy, what a choice for the kids. "would you rather go to SCHOOL or to the DENTIST"

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I'm not sure who thinks COBRA is a good idea.
We paid for Daughter when she didn't have insurance. It is really expensive. People who need it, sure can't afford it.

much better idear than not having the opportunity to get cobra at all, isn't it? i read that uninsured people get charged UP THE BUTT FULL PRICING from hospitals, as opposed to the much better prices that insurance companies negotiate from them.

pooflady

no1 wrote:much better idear than not having the opportunity to get cobra at all, isn't it? i read that uninsured people get charged UP THE BUTT FULL PRICING from hospitals, as opposed to the much better prices that insurance companies negotiate from them.

Yep.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
no1 wrote:much better idear than not having the opportunity to get cobra at all, isn't it? i read that uninsured people get charged UP THE BUTT FULL PRICING from hospitals, as opposed to the much better prices that insurance companies negotiate from them.

not always true. When I had crappy insurance and had $1000 deductible my doc told me to ask what the out-of-pocket fee would be vs what they actually bill (not get reimbursed) the insurance co. if I needed any procedures (this was after I paid over a thousand bucks for a CT scan. That is what the insurance co was billed - and you can bet they would not have actually paid that amount)

KtCallista

Lynnzoi wrote:not always true. When I had crappy insurance and had $1000 deductible my doc told me to ask what the out-of-pocket fee would be vs what they actually bill (not get reimbursed) the insurance co. if I needed any procedures (this was after I paid over a thousand bucks for a CT scan. That is what the insurance co was billed - and you can bet they would not have actually paid that amount)

Also some hospitals have organizations that raise money and provide health scholarships to pay other people's bills. We've benefited from that more than the obvious one actually. (actually after the birth/appendectomy and Orc getting laid off experience, the hospital just waved everything the insurance didn't cover. Wish they'd beat the OB/GYN to the insurance company though... he got the pre-deductable met billing. //sigh

My kids LOVE school. Ver2 is already PO'd at me because she has to miss one afternoon for an audiologists appointment (the doctor says she's still dropping consonants and I agree with him). I can schedule a mid day appointment, but their dentist is only open T-Thurs from 10 to 4. She's the only one dumb enough to take kids on the state insurance so we ended up there a couple years ago. She's actually better than the guy we were seeing, but really limited hours to force people to those mid-day times.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So, what will Poof think of Castle?

Check in at 11:30 to find out!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jqubed

no1 wrote:oh boy, what a choice for the kids. "would you rather go to SCHOOL or to the DENTIST"

when I was a kid my dentist had Gameboys for us to use while we waited.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Also some hospitals have organizations that raise money and provide health scholarships to pay other people's bills. We've benefited from that more than the obvious one actually. (actually after the birth/appendectomy and Orc getting laid off experience, the hospital just waved everything the insurance didn't cover. Wish they'd beat the OB/GYN to the insurance company though... he got the pre-deductable met billing. //sigh

My kids LOVE school. Ver2 is already PO'd at me because she has to miss one afternoon for an audiologists appointment (the doctor says she's still dropping consonants and I agree with him). I can schedule a mid day appointment, but their dentist is only open T-Thurs from 10 to 4. She's the only one dumb enough to take kids on the state insurance so we ended up there a couple years ago. She's actually better than the guy we were seeing, but really limited hours to force people to those mid-day times.

Is Orc's hearing-loss cause hereditary, i.e., does Ver2 have similar symptoms?

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So, what will Poof think of Castle?

Check in at 11:30 to find out!

I'll give it a B. I really like Beckett's hair up. Liked it better when it was shorter.

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:Is Orc's hearing-loss cause hereditary, i.e., does Ver2 have similar symptoms?

No one else in Orc's family has hearing issues. He has several of individual reasons why he may have lost/never had hearing.

Ver1 may just be prolifically dropping letters because her father does, he's not too bad (years of training), but he still does it. She was, however; borderline at her last appointment 4 years ago. She also had clogged ears that day. The school has been passing her, something I'm really not happy to find out is because the person doing the evaluations isn't catching anyone and not doing a very good job (found that out from the Americorp). I've asked for the first couple years she was there to have people (teacher, the person who does the hearing test, etc) to make sure she isn't dropping any letter sounds and none of them were noticing so I thought she was just lazy at home.

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:No one else in Orc's family has hearing issues. He has several of individual reasons why he may have lost/never had hearing.

Ver1 may just be prolifically dropping letters because her father does, he's not too bad (years of training), but he still does it. She was, however; borderline at her last appointment 4 years ago. She also had clogged ears that day. The school has been passing her, something I'm really not happy to find out is because the person doing the evaluations isn't catching anyone and not doing a very good job (found that out from the Americorp). I've asked for the first couple years she was there to have people (teacher, the person who does the hearing test, etc) to make sure she isn't dropping any letter sounds and none of them were noticing so I thought she was just lazy at home.

Boy, that sure sounds helpful of them!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

I'm heading to bed folks, catch ya later!

Skye — 1997-2007

KtCallista

jqubed wrote:I'm heading to bed folks, catch ya later!

Goodnight J3.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

hey wooters!

pooflady

Turken wrote:hey wooters!

Hi Turken. What's new?

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
pooflady wrote:Hi Turken. What's new?

not too much. still working evening shift, so on a wonky sleep schedule.

contemplating eating a bite for dinner, wasting time online, or just going to bed early tonight.

pooflady

Turken wrote:not too much. still working evening shift, so on a wonky sleep schedule.

contemplating eating a bite for dinner, wasting time online, or just going to bed early tonight.

So sorta same old, same old. Same here. And it's my bedtime. Good night.