pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Me too.

You are all alone Poof.

At least until KtC shows up.

That's normal.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

And bedtime for me, too.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Good morning all

Morning.

Going to rain on mom day. Looks like the best day of the week. It will be really hot at the end of the week.
Those first hot days are hard to handle.

Hope Rusty poops before it rains.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Poop has been pooped!

I am free to go to mom day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Howdy, folks.

My daily poop was a success; hopefully, will only have the middle night pee-pee walk once.

Have a pleasant evening.

Laters.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Howdy, folks.

My daily poop was a success; hopefully, will only have the middle night pee-pee walk once.

Have a pleasant evening.

Laters.

LOL

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Howdy, folks.

Have a pleasant evening.

Laters.

At least you don't have to go find a fire hydrant in the middle of the night.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:At least you don't have to go find a fire hydrant in the middle of the night.

That's a good point.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's a good point.

Getting ready for the big visit?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Getting ready for the big visit?

Uh, what am I supposed to do?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Uh, what am I supposed to do?

I don't know.

Buy video cameras.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I don't know.

Buy video cameras.

No need.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No need.

Yeah, you can skype it
That way I don't have to leave Rusty

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Yeah, you can skype it
That way I don't have to leave Rusty

If you drive, you don't have to leave Rusty.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:If you drive, you don't have to leave Rusty.

It's a pia.
Have to eat in the car.
Can't even go and pee without worrying about the dog locked in the car.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:It's a pia.
Have to eat in the car.
Can't even go and pee without worrying about the dog locked in the car.

Excuses, excuses. There's always the doggy hotel where they read him bedtime stories.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Excuses, excuses. There's always the doggy hotel where they read him bedtime stories.

He liked the crate at the vet better.
I guess they gave him more dog biscuits

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Good morning all.

pooflady

Good morning.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Good morning from here too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Opthalmologist at 4 and card club at 7. What to do until then?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Opthalmologist at 4 and card club at 7. What to do until then?

Set up skype.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Just ordered six quarts of strawberries for Friday. $5.50 ea. Wow!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Just ordered six quarts of strawberries for Friday. $5.50 ea. Wow!

What is happening on friday?

What are you going to do with the strawberries?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:What is happening on friday?

Strawberry shortcake for us (several days' worth) and some for m-i-l. Husband usually picks them, but, one, most of the places have closed down and, two, I don't think his knees would take it this year.

Edit: They had better be red all the way through.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:

I have some suggestions; several are legal in some countries!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:I have some suggestions; several are legal in some countries!!

PG 13

Plus that is Poof!

ewwwww

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:PG 13

Plus that is Poof!

ewwwww

I won't even try to imagine where your mind went!!

AZGman

G'night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dang. Rusty hasn't pooped yet today. We have to take a poo walk.

See you later.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
Iceback wrote:Can we put her in a home?....can we,can we???

She could come join my looney bin. Then dad and I would have a driver.

jawsuser

ThunderThighs wrote:I prefer FF to Chrome but I seem to be in the minority. I have all 3 open most of the time.

I love FF. Its the only one I use any more, except on my phone - its not pretty. FF is very assistive technology friendly!

jawsuser

Yes my timing sucks. Since I seem to be off time with everyone I will write an update and just for AZ include a poop report.

Poop report. Cat Hemmingway, Hemi for short, smells almost as bad as dad. It is so bad that dad complains. Normally he gets it done first thing in the morning. Today it was late afternoon. I HATE cleaning litter boxes!

Otherwise life has been a bit challenging the last two weeks. Today dad had a third friend/relative die. Last week a cousin died on Sunday, then a dear friend he considered an older sister died. They didn't have any service for her so he was bummed. Then today another friend died. He had a stroke - day before yesterday I think. They will have a funeral for him so that is good.

Dad said he didn't want a funeral or memorial. I told him tough, you are going to be dead and it isn't for you, its for the survivors to say goodbye and have closure. He fought me about having a memorial service for his second wife. He finally came around and the week before the service he was telling everybody he met about the service.

She was cremated. I shipped her ashes to her son today. I am tired of the games with that family. Is it bad to wish they wouldn't come for dad's funeral? The funny/sad thing is Sunday was dad's 85th birthday and step-son couldn't even take time to call dad and wish him happy birthday. Since step son's MIL called and did everything in her power to get dad to move up there with stepson and dad said NO nobody has called.

Sunday was good for dad and hard for me. I woke up mad at step son because I had invited them over for dad's birthday for a surprise. If he cares so much for dad one would think he could spare a little time to come visit, but Nooooo dad has to go up there on their time. Then I got sad realizing this may very well be dad's birthday. Then at church we were celebrating Memorial Day and a video during one of the songs had pictures of flag covered coffins and I just lost it. Sat in church bawling like a baby. Thankfully with my hat, glasses, and mask I don't think it was too obvious.

After church went to Baileys for lunch. Tradition is we have a dutch treat meal at a restaurant for people's birthdays. Dad was so excited. He can't hear most of what is said because there are more than two people speaking, but he enjoys hearing the noise of people talking. Later in the afternoon some friends of his came by for a visit. All in all he had a good birthday.

Also hired our guy we have do work around the house Monday to rearrange the house. It was too much for me to do alone. I had been in the bedroom next to dad's and he has been coughing and restless more, I needed more sleep. Was going to move to the little back bedroom, but Dad prefers that room, so changed the entire south side of the house four rooms total. Dad is happy and I am sleeping better because I am not woken up as soon as he starts hacking.

What is it about funerals and death that so often brings out the worse in people? Or is it just the case with my dad's family?

Iceback

Busy day today.
Mrs Ice has had 2 relatively good days in a row. She went to her bosses and told them as of June 30th she would be retiring. They were disappointed but supportive. If they had allowed her to work from home until her treatments finished she would have stayed another year but...
I just found out that as of June 1rst my department will be absorbing another, doubling our work load with no increase in staff.This should be interesting.Oh well there is only so many hours in a week and I'm sure senior management has a plan they haven't made us aware of yet.

Iceback

jawsuser wrote:

What is it about funerals and death that so often brings out the worse in people? Or is it just the case with my dad's family?

I've seen it in many families.I hvae no idea why,life is just to short for that kind of ugliness in my opinion.

jawsuser

Iceback wrote:Busy day today.
Mrs Ice has had 2 relatively good days in a row. She went to her bosses and told them as of June 30th she would be retiring. They were disappointed but supportive. If they had allowed her to work from home until her treatments finished she would have stayed another year but...
I just found out that as of June 1rst my department will be absorbing another, doubling our work load with no increase in staff.This should be interesting.Oh well there is only so many hours in a week and I'm sure senior management has a plan they haven't made us aware of yet.

Glad to hear that Mrs. Ice had a couple good days. Was sad to hear about the bad side effects from chemo for her.

Hoping your work won't get so crazy you want to pull all your hair out! What happened to all the people from the other department? Were they all let go? Hopefully they don't have mandatory overtime like Customs and Immigration. It is nice to see someine else on here when I am.

jawsuser

Iceback wrote:I've seen it in many families.I hvae no idea why,life is just to short for that kind of ugliness in my opinion.

I totally agree!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I've seen it in many families.I hvae no idea why,life is just to short for that kind of ugliness in my opinion.

We never had a bad problem.
Some annoying ones, like Mom's brother taking all the "good" stuff when the grandparents died.
Not money, that was split with no problem.
Grandpa's musical instruments, a clock and one other thing.

Plus something my husband finds funny to this day...

Grandma's sister died. No kids. Lived in a nice, small basement apt in the neighborhood.

One of Mom's male cousins told us he cleaned out the apt. So we didn't hurry to empty it.

When we got there, there was garbage in the garbage can, food in the fridge...stuff like that.

Cousin "cleaned out" the few valuables the woman had!

Women would have taken the jewelry, but they also would have actually cleaned the apt! Empty the fridge.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Yes my timing sucks. Since I seem to be off time with everyone I will write an update and just for AZ include a poop report.

Poop report. Cat Hemmingway, Hemi for short, smells almost as bad as dad. It is so bad that dad complains. Normally he gets it done first thing in the morning. Today it was late afternoon. I HATE cleaning litter boxes!

Otherwise life has been a bit challenging the last two weeks. Today dad had a third friend/relative die. Last week a cousin died on Sunday, then a dear friend he considered an older sister died. They didn't have any service for her so he was bummed. Then today another friend died. He had a stroke - day before yesterday I think. They will have a funeral for him so that is good.

Dad said he didn't want a funeral or memorial. I told him tough, you are going to be dead and it isn't for you, its for the survivors to say goodbye and have closure. He fought me about having a memorial service for his second wife. He finally came around and the week before the service he was telling everybody he met about the service.

She was cremated. I shipped her ashes to her son today. I am tired of the games with that family. Is it bad to wish they wouldn't come for dad's funeral? The funny/sad thing is Sunday was dad's 85th birthday and step-son couldn't even take time to call dad and wish him happy birthday. Since step son's MIL called and did everything in her power to get dad to move up there with stepson and dad said NO nobody has called.

Sunday was good for dad and hard for me. I woke up mad at step son because I had invited them over for dad's birthday for a surprise. If he cares so much for dad one would think he could spare a little time to come visit, but Nooooo dad has to go up there on their time. Then I got sad realizing this may very well be dad's birthday. Then at church we were celebrating Memorial Day and a video during one of the songs had pictures of flag covered coffins and I just lost it. Sat in church bawling like a baby. Thankfully with my hat, glasses, and mask I don't think it was too obvious.

After church went to Baileys for lunch. Tradition is we have a dutch treat meal at a restaurant for people's birthdays. Dad was so excited. He can't hear most of what is said because there are more than two people speaking, but he enjoys hearing the noise of people talking. Later in the afternoon some friends of his came by for a visit. All in all he had a good birthday.

Also hired our guy we have do work around the house Monday to rearrange the house. It was too much for me to do alone. I had been in the bedroom next to dad's and he has been coughing and restless more, I needed more sleep. Was going to move to the little back bedroom, but Dad prefers that room, so changed the entire south side of the house four rooms total. Dad is happy and I am sleeping better because I am not woken up as soon as he starts hacking.

Mother in law doesn't want a service.

She is getting one. It is for the transition. The family needs it.

Although the one or two days is much better then the 3 + days people use to do.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!