pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Want some? We have plenty to spare.

They don't usually bother me at all. Especially if husband's around. They like him a lot.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:They don't usually bother me at all. Especially if husband's around. They like him a lot.

There were billions here last year.
Couldn't go out without being bitten.

Town sprayed everywhere but here.

This year, I'm calling in every dead bird I find!
If the dead bird comes up positive for west nile ( I think) the town sprays for mosquitoes.

My next door neighbor has a above ground pool with a cover that always has standing water in it. That is where they must be coming from.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:There were billions here last year.
Couldn't go out without being bitten.

Town sprayed everywhere but here.

This year, I'm calling in every dead bird I find!
If the dead bird comes up positive for west nile ( I think) the town sprays for mosquitoes.

My next door neighbor has a above ground pool with a cover that always has standing water in it. That is where they must be coming from.

Don't they take the cover off for the summer?

pooflady

I wonder if Ed in Poland was hurt by all the flooding there.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Don't they take the cover off for the summer?

Not the whole summer.

They hardly use it. There is a town pool. I have no clue why they have it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Not the whole summer.

They hardly use it. There is a town pool. I have no clue why they have it.

Then I don't think spraying's going to help.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Then I don't think spraying's going to help.

Kill all the blood suckers! Then there are none to lay eggs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Goodnight air.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Goodnight air.

Woosh

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
pooflady wrote:Woosh

Goodnight, Moon...

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Starshine

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Good morning Starshine

Good morning sun.

Until you leave again, in about an hour.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Hello.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Another lovely day.

Bed preps; prolly g'night, but not certain.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Another exciting pwa day.

Yes, there was a poop.

Dangerous day to take a long walk.
Heavy rain storms, that last 4 or 5 minutes and then....gone.
No lighting, but don't want to get soaked.

Did doctor, lunch, supermarket with mom.

She was not pleased that Dr told her she was his healthiest 90 something year old patient he saw all week.

It makes her mad to know what is wrong with her is perfectly normal with age.

She wants it fixed! Without operations or medicine.

Still upset she has to take 3 different vitamins and a Tylenol a day. One. 1 tylenol. Won't take two.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Was reading on the deck when I started feeling raindrops. Put the cushions away and came inside and it immediately stopped.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Was reading on the deck when I started feeling raindrops. Put the cushions away and came inside and it immediately stopped.

You can go back outside and see if it pours.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:You can go back outside and see if it pours.

Nah, only get the cushions out once. It's a rule.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Nah, only get the cushions out once. It's a rule.

It seems that you guys have another storm that you will send us on thursday.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:It seems that you guys have another storm that you will send us on thursday.

We're supposed to have some rain tomorrow, but the possibility of real bad stuff on Thursday.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We're supposed to have some rain tomorrow, but the possibility of real bad stuff on Thursday.

How will it be here and there on thursday?

That is just wrong.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
dontwantaname wrote:How will it be here and there on thursday?

That is just wrong.

it will straddle me?

:/

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

WARNING... RANT TO FOLLOW!

This has been quite the day. It started off quite normal but didn't stay that way. While hospice nurse was here dad asked if I had anything that would allow him to set up more in bed. I said no, hospice suggested a hospital bed and dad jumped all over the idea.

Then while hospice was here step brother called all upset because his mothers ashes were shipped to him. At least dad told him he had them shipped because he didn't know if step son wanted her dumped in the pond with him. (his words) Step brother then gets all upset at me saying I need to quit talking about death. I finally figured out later he must have been talking about a comment I made when I asked him and his wife to come for dad's birthday. I told him that it would probably be dad's last. To me that is just a statement of fact. But I realize he can't deal with dad's dying. He is in serious denial. He was talking with dad about traveling together. HELLO--- our new normal is dad can't even sit up for an hour without it causing him to cough uncontrollably and need to lay down. Being up and about for an hour and a half requires him to lay down and sleep for most of the next day. He can't even get dressed after showering unless he lays down for at least an hour.

So I guess step brother will just keep his head in the sand and I will call him to tell him that dad has died. I really hope he doesn't send step moms ashes back. I don't want to be responsible for them!!!

Spend after noon trying to get house rearranged AGAIN so could fit hospital bed in dad's room and he could get around safely. Then get on computer and find out someone has gotten on Facebook and listed my name last name first using my profile photo and asking my friends to be friends. Warned friends about fake and am trying to get password changed and that mess taken care of.

Still have to rearrange my room so dad's bed isn't just sitting in the middle of my floor so I don't trip over it at night. Better go and get my room arranged and see if I can get Facebook working.

END of RANT carry on as before.

I really appreciate y'all listening and caring. It makes this mess so much easier to go through.

pooflady

dougall wrote:it will straddle me?

:/

Batten down.

Edit: They just said the possible severe weather will be Wed. evening and night.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:WARNING... RANT TO FOLLOW!

This has been quite the day. It started off quite normal but didn't stay that way. While hospice nurse was here dad asked if I had anything that would allow him to set up more in bed. I said no, hospice suggested a hospital bed and dad jumped all over the idea.

Then while hospice was here step brother called all upset because his mothers ashes were shipped to him. At least dad told him he had them shipped because he didn't know if step son wanted her dumped in the pond with him. (his words) Step brother then gets all upset at me saying I need to quit talking about death. I finally figured out later he must have been talking about a comment I made when I asked him and his wife to come for dad's birthday. I told him that it would probably be dad's last. To me that is just a statement of fact. But I realize he can't deal with dad's dying. He is in serious denial. He was talking with dad about traveling together. HELLO--- our new normal is dad can't even sit up for an hour without it causing him to cough uncontrollably and need to lay down. Being up and about for an hour and a half requires him to lay down and sleep for most of the next day. He can't even get dressed after showering unless he lays down for at least an hour.

So I guess step brother will just keep his head in the sand and I will call him to tell him that dad has died. I really hope he doesn't send step moms ashes back. I don't want to be responsible for them!!!

Spend after noon trying to get house rearranged AGAIN so could fit hospital bed in dad's room and he could get around safely. Then get on computer and find out someone has gotten on Facebook and listed my name last name first using my profile photo and asking my friends to be friends. Warned friends about fake and am trying to get password changed and that mess taken care of.

Still have to rearrange my room so dad's bed isn't just sitting in the middle of my floor so I don't trip over it at night. Better go and get my room arranged and see if I can get Facebook working.

I really appreciate y'all listening and caring. It makes this mess so much easier to go through.

Good luck.
Hope the bed works well for you.
I've seen them in living rooms, because unless you take the normal bed out of the room, there is no other place in the house that will fit it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:WARNING... RANT TO FOLLOW!

When my dad needed a hospital bed, they set it up in the porch (windows all around). Seemed to me much better than being stuck in a bedroom.

I don't suppose your stepbrother would come for a visit so he could see what's going on?

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Good luck.
Hope the bed works well for you.
I've seen them in living rooms, because unless you take the normal bed out of the room, there is no other place in the house that will fit it.

Dad's normal bed is in my room so the hospital bed can go in his room. Since he is totally blind and mostly deaf it is more important to keep things organized so he knows where they are in the parts of the house he uses. He thinks because I'm partially blind its not as important. He just doesn't see all the bruises I collect.

He really likes the bed so far. Had a small misunderstanding on the electric control until I realized it looked like a Braille cell and used that to describe the operating buttons. Now it is working much better.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Dad's normal bed is in my room so the hospital bed can go in his room. Since he is totally blind and mostly deaf it is more important to keep things organized so he knows where they are in the parts of the house he uses. He thinks because I'm partially blind its not as important. He just doesn't see all the bruises I collect.

He really likes the bed so far. Had a small misunderstanding on the electric control until I realized it looked like a Braille cell and used that to describe the operating buttons. Now it is working much better.

Did you get the vibrating one?
My husband was in the hospital, in a brand new ward.
He was moved in on the first day.
They had brand new hospital beds that jiggled to keep you from getting bed sores.
It was really nice! We were thinking about buying one when he got home!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Did you get the vibrating one?
My husband was in the hospital, in a brand new ward.
He was moved in on the first day.
They had brand new hospital beds that jiggled to keep you from getting bed sores.
It was really nice! We were thinking about buying one when he got home!

Jiggling hospital beds. I haven't heard of those. No we didn't get one. There was something the person who took the order asked about, but thankfully dad doesn't have bed sore issues. He basically needs it to lay at a bit of an angle so he can breath better.

jawsuser

pooflady wrote:When my dad needed a hospital bed, they set it up in the porch (windows all around). Seemed to me much better than being stuck in a bedroom.

I don't suppose your stepbrother would come for a visit so he could see what's going on?

Its kind of funny, dad loves his little bedroom. He feels best in there. Windows don't make a difference to him; he only feels the heat.

I had asked my step brother to come down specifically for dad's 85th birthday. I told him I thought it would be dad's last. I was told today that I need to stop talking about death all the time. I considered the comment a statement of fact.

Step brother hasn't been down but once since I moved here five and a half years go and that was just to attend his mothers funeral five years ago. He wouldn't even stay in the house then and dad asked him to, he needed his space.

He wants us to go up there, but only on his terms and his time. Dad has asked him repeatedly to come for a visit, especially when his mother was alive, but he won't. He would come within a couple hours for work, but is always too busy to come over.

I realized today he is just not able for whatever reason to deal with sickness or dying. His mom had Alzheimer's and he only came to see her twice. I was hoping he might visit dad more. I guess I shouldn't be surprised - he is treating dad the same way he treated his mom. I just don't understand him.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Jawsuser, I think you hit your stepbrother's issue right on the head. A lot of people are uncomfortable around sickness or dying but most can power through that for the sake of the patient. Most, but not all.

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! forecast is for 90 today. I am just now getting used to jogging/walking on the beach and we need to go back to the mountains. We will probably leave tomorrow. Might wait until the weekend.

pooflady

Good morning. It's overcast and really, really humid. Dew point's 73.

dougall

pooflady wrote:Batten down.

Edit: They just said the possible severe weather will be Wed. evening and night.

I closed the windows at least.

our forecast has rain starting early tomorrow, then thunderstorms starting late morning growing stronger and stronger and stronger into the evening.

yay storms!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Sunny, breezy (almost windy) and cool here.

Suppose to be bad tomorrow.

Jaws, it happens all the time.
My dad didn't talk to his older brother because he came to his parents funeral, but didn't come to visit when they were alive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jawsuser

dontwantaname wrote:Sunny, breezy (almost windy) and cool here.

please send some down our way. currently 102 on the shady side of the house and 86% humidity. it isn't even July yet!

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:please send some down our way. currently 102 on the shady side of the house and 86% humidity. it isn't even July yet!

It's 85, feels like 93 here. Yuck.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What should I eat for lunch?

Heck, what am I cooking for dinner?

Friggin eating. Never goes away.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

pooflady wrote:It's 85, feels like 93 here. Yuck.

78 here, feels like 78.