Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:Colony?

Oh, yeah, sorry about your injury.



feral cat colony - trap/neuter/release (a TNR program) feral cats - the colony remains fairly stable once everyone is tutored

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:feral cat colony - trap/neuter/release (a TNR program) feral cats - the colony remains fairly stable once everyone is tutored



Ah. Others don't join up? Or does word get around? "Hey, Fritz, stay away from that group, you'll be sorry."



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:Ah. Others don't join up? Or does word get around? "Hey, Fritz, stay away from that group, you'll be sorry."



lol...sometimes newbies wander in. Esp when the dominant males get trapped and snipped But the colony remains fairly stable. It used to be that feral cats were trapped and euthanized - but other cats just moved in. By maintaining a TNR colony, most of the animals (ideally all, but in reality.....) are neutered, and receive a rabies vaccine. So the number of kittens produced is much smaller, the colony stays stable, and life goes on.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:lol...sometimes newbies wander in. Esp when the dominant males get trapped and snipped But the colony remains fairly stable. It used to be that feral cats were trapped and euthanized - but other cats just moved in. By maintaining a TNR colony, most of the animals (ideally all, but in reality.....) are neutered, and receive a rabies vaccine. So the number of kittens produced is much smaller, the colony stays stable, and life goes on.



I'd think there'd be no kittens.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:I'd think there'd be no kittens.



as I said, ideally....but there always seems to be one or two that are trap-savvy and never get spayed. I used to help maintain a colony, and there were 2 cats that we could never get trapped. If we could get to their kittens we would work with them and then try to place them in homes, but oftentimes the kittens fell victim to the resident foxes

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Lynnzoi wrote:as I said, ideally....but there always seems to be one or two that are trap-savvy and never get spayed. I used to help maintain a colony, and there were 2 cats that we could never get trapped. If we could get to their kittens we would work with them and then try to place them in homes, but oftentimes the kittens fell victim to the resident foxes



Word got around about the witch with the snippers.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Lynnzoi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:Word got around about the witch with the snippers.



snip snip here, snip snip there,
and a couple of tra-la-las!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:snip snip here, snip snip there,
and a couple of tra-la-las!



We saw our 4 feral kittens on our walk.

Here, it seems that we have to trap the cats on a specific day.
Then we have to take them back before they are ready to release. Keep them in a garage, or someplace like that, for a few days.
Then we can let them loose in the neighborhood again.

A pia.

So, I guess we will have new kittens every year.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Oh, boy. A narrowly averted disaster, at least so far. Grandson's here for the night. "I hope the fireworks stop because I don't like the noise." "Has anybody ever walked in your house while you were sleeping"? "What was that noise"? "I usually have the TV on." Got him in bed but that TV's hooked up for the wii and I couldn't get a channel no matter what buttons I pushed. The eyes were swimming, so I suggested the couch in the living room. The TV's on, the light's on. I don't care as long as he doesn't start to cry.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Had some impressive clouds loom behind the screen and a sprinkling during the first movie. Survived. Really enjoyed Despicable Me 2. Home now and reassuring cats and warming a snack. And drinking. Because that's what we do on holidays, dammit.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dougall


quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall

It turns out that a double feature at a drive in movie theater 45 mins from home can lead to a late night.

so, technically... morning all.. I'm going to be sleeping soon.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:Good morning. Tuesdays are stupid busy for me.

Taking Friday off.

Babysitting 3 yorkies starting tonight through Saturday. I asked the owner via text if she minded if I shaved them. ROFL. I send fun texts and pics while dog sitting. Should be fun.

Gave son thorough instructions to clean the kitchen last night and he did a great job! He knows since he doesn't have a job that he's my unpaid labor for the summer. So far he's cleaned toilets, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, blew out the garage, and run a couple errands for me. He does get days off though.



He can come work in my house those days, I'm not that far

Good morning and Happy 4th

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Heading out for the parade. Just started raining. The weather map doesn't look good.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USA!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

And home. Everyone was damp but the kids still had a great time. Had to come up with a second bag for candy, et cetera, because the first ones got too heavy. Shorter parade than usual because the Shriners don't perform in the rain and I guess the bands don't either. Although the bagpipes were there. I love bagpipes.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:And home. Everyone was damp but the kids still had a great time. Had to come up with a second bag for candy, et cetera, because the first ones got too heavy. Shorter parade than usual because the Shriners don't perform in the rain and I guess the bands don't either. Although the bagpipes were there. I love bagpipes.



I would hate to live near someone learning the bagpipes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Agree. Jaws has been trying.



Hopefully in a positive way as in trying to post and not in a negative way as in trying everyone's patience!


We have received 14" of rain so far. The roads are a mess. My cousin said she heard all dirt roads in the county have been closed and people are asked to stay off them. I definitely agree. Coming in from Panama last night we had about a foot deep wash (in my opinion) in the road coming in. The driver saw it and stopped we did come through, but it was VERY jarring.

Dad is exhausted. We left the house at eight yesterday morning and didn't get back until about six-thirty. He actually slept in until seven thirty. Normally he is up about five. Quiet day on the soggy front. We're under a flash flood warning until 4:45 and a severe thunderstorm warning until one.

Has anyone heard from KtC? Last I heard she was looking for a job.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Good reason for me not to cook.




Crock Pot! They are wonderful. You put stuff in them in the morning plug them in and set heat level and walk away until evening. It cooks meat tender enough that dad can eat it!

He is beginning to have some trouble eating meat or anything that is rather tough. I think it has to do with the cancer as he has some trouble swallowing.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:I already named names. I don't think it's going to help. It's probably that we're just not interesting enough to talk to.



NOT TRUE!!! I love checking into woot and seeing how everyone is doing. I am grateful for a place where I can post Rantings and not worry about family backlash. I sometimes am concerned that y'all will get tired of hearing about dad all the time, but he is my only focus at present. I hope he is like Rusty, you care enough to want to make sure he is okay and put up with all the detailed reports, or enjoy them as a diversion from your normal life.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dougall wrote:I'm here,

But no crisis, no news, nobody knows me anyway.



We still like hearing from you!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Both kids had plans so we're going back to Plan A and going out to dinner. I think Longhorn, we have a gift card.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:Kindle, you can read in the dark.



Braille you can read in the dark.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
dontwantaname wrote:


Don't leave the car on with the windows closed. A girl in my grade in high school did that and she and her boyfriend died.



Okay I hoped I missed something here. Please tell me you are not in high school with your husband and all his surgery!

P.S. Glad to hear he is back home and all is well.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! Happy 4th! It is raining. Not that you didn't know that. We came to the lake for a little while. We are just about ready to go back to the house. It sainted so hard here that the rain pulled the gutter away from the roof of the RV.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Hey everybody! Happy 4th! It is raining. Not that you didn't know that. We came to the lake for a little while. We are just about ready to go back to the house. It sainted so hard here that the rain pulled the gutter away from the roof of the RV.



Sainted? Is that southern talk?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:Both kids had plans so we're going back to Plan A and going out to dinner. I think Longhorn, we have a gift card.



Longhorn was so packed, we went to Golden Corral, which was also packed, but much bigger so it worked.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

nbcnews is not responding due to a long running script.

Anybody know what this means? I've rebooted and it's fine for a while, but then comes back.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser



Taken off the front porch after 15 inches of rain and its still coming down. Anyone for canoeing?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:

Taken off the front porch after 15 inches of rain and its still coming down. Anyone for canoeing?



Wow! Has it ever been that high before?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:Wow! Has it ever been that high before?



Yes. I have actually seen it running over the road all the way to the fence next to the azalea bush. It is now running over the road on this side, just over to the south farther.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Poof, that is sometimes related to Java crashing. it means that something on the page that runs all the time like a video or scrolling ticker is not working. what browser are you using?


Very lazy day. Did a few water changes and spent the rest of the day reading. Work tomorrow... last day. Should be low key as many are taking it off.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Poof, that is sometimes related to Java crashing. it means that something on the page that runs all the time like a video or scrolling ticker is not working. what browser are you using?


Very lazy day. Did a few water changes and spent the rest of the day reading. Work tomorrow... last day. Should be low key as many are taking it off.



IE



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Have to change my sig. Again I used algebra in watching Jeopardy and got it right.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:IE




Check that you have the newest version. I can check from work tomorrow... but just guessing, it is a Java issue.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Have to change my sig. Again I used algebra in watching Jeopardy and got it right.



How did you use algebra? I wouldn't know how.

Cops are parked in the park up the block, so I guess all the fireworks will be at the school field.

The park up the block was always where people went. Then 3 years ago the cops decided to stop it completely.

Which just means people set off big fireworks all year when nobody is watching.
Back in the day, it was just a ton for one day.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Check that you have the newest version. I can check from work tomorrow... but just guessing, it is a Java issue.



Java 7, update 25. How do I know if that's the newest version?



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:How did you use algebra? I wouldn't know how.

Cops are parked in the park up the block, so I guess all the fireworks will be at the school field.

The park up the block was always where people went. Then 3 years ago the cops decided to stop it completely.

Which just means people set off big fireworks all year when nobody is watching.
Back in the day, it was just a ton for one day.



We had a ton going off last night and another ton tonight. And it's raining like crazy currently. Don't know how they're getting them lit.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:How did you use algebra? I wouldn't know how.

Cops are parked in the park up the block, so I guess all the fireworks will be at the school field.

The park up the block was always where people went. Then 3 years ago the cops decided to stop it completely.

Which just means people set off big fireworks all year when nobody is watching.
Back in the day, it was just a ton for one day.



It was an algebra question. I think it was 3x=11-2. Pretty simple.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Financial dude coming in the morning to talk about long-term care. //sigh//



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We had a ton going off last night and another ton tonight. And it's raining like crazy currently. Don't know how they're getting them lit.



Icky hot, but clear tonight.
Cops must have been busy. Only about an hour of fireworks.
No big one's from the park.
A few in other areas.
Now nothing.


Which just means, fireworks all summer, because nobody got to shoot all of their fireworks off.

At least it won't be that bad clearing the park of firework shells. Rusty loves to chew them.
The big ones. Must have gunpowder or something he smells in them.


Oh well, off to bed.
See ya tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.