dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

historicallyyours wrote:For those looking for AZ Gman (especially d'name), it is with deep sadness that he passed away on June 29.

Thank you.

If you are his ex, I send my condolences. I am keeping you and your son in my prayers.

AZson told us the bad news a few days ago.

Matter of fact, he is going to begin to think I'm a stalker because of the number of emails and facebook I've sent him.

I have found facebook a good way to watch how the kids are doing. I know I can't post back...parents might be allowed to read, but not respond. But tell him he doesn't have to accept the friendship request.

Just to reassure you...I'm not the creepy old stalker lady.

AZ and I had what I considered a cousin relationship. (he found that weird) I spent my time annoying him and telling him what to do. He spent his time telling me I was bossy and ignoring me.
But we enjoyed it.
Like siblings or cousins.
It has been 8 years of friendship.

I will miss him and remember him forever.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:I'd think she'd be aware that her son has already posted here. Maybe not. If that's who it is, I hope she'll read back to see all the pages of condolences.

I hope so too

kdccrosby

Another rainy day. I was going to try and go to the pool for a bit. Guess not!

I have been off track on my healthy eating routine. Time to get back to it. Going to plan my meals for the week today

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Another rainy day. I was going to try and go to the pool for a bit. Guess not!

I have been off track on my healthy eating routine. Time to get back to it. Going to plan my meals for the week today

I just made more Jello with fruit cocktail. Back to the '60s.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

D'name, PM. Won't be around to reply since I'm heading out, but wanted you to know.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I just made more Jello with fruit cocktail. Back to the '60s.

i still like fruit cocktail in my jello. made it that way a few months ago.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:i still like fruit cocktail in my jello. made it that way a few months ago.

Interesting - the Jello package has instructions in Spanish not to use pineapple and several other fruits, but doesn't have it in English.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Interesting - the Jello package has instructions in Spanish not to use pineapple and several other fruits, but doesn't have it in English.

Hummm, someone in the hispanic world is trying to kill you?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hummm, someone in the hispanic world is trying to kill you?

Sounds that way. Either that or ruin my Jello.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Sounds that way. Either that or ruin my Jello.

I would call Bill Cosby and tell him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Just posting in to say hi. I think I caught up again. Lplady, I had you down as one of the people who could find me if I disappeared. I know dname, Skek, and a few others have my address as well, since we did Christmas cards (not that I've sent any to anyone the last two years).

I have a couple friends at Cornell right now, but they are in hydrology, so if that isn't an interest...

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

lplady, I'm sorry that my comment led to anything unamicable. The whole thing was blown out of portion to what I expected. It made me feel like I wasn't welcome here. I'm still feeling like an intruder, to be honest.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:lplady, I'm sorry that my comment led to anything unamicable. The whole thing was blown out of portion to what I expected. It made me feel like I wasn't welcome here. I'm still feeling like an intruder, to be honest.

(Mayvn) I like what you have to say.

Mavyn

Thanks, KT. I appreciate that. ;) I've enjoyed hearing about you and the versions...it helps me have a better perspective on being a parent.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:lplady, I'm sorry that my comment led to anything unamicable. The whole thing was blown out of portion to what I expected. It made me feel like I wasn't welcome here. I'm still feeling like an intruder, to be honest.

I was the only new person for over a year.
My join on date is not at all the same as when i found woot...a few months before...and my post date....months and months after.

Feel free to yell at us when we make you feel unwelcome!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

I guess this all happened when I was mia for a while.

I thought you blended in nicely! I haven't been around as long as everyone else either. my join date is a few years before I became active in here. Then I vanished. now I'm trying to be back.

lplady

Mavyn, no need to apologize. You said nothing wrong back then. All you did was make a comment about a national issue that was at the forefront that particular day.

In my earlier posting I didn't mention it to dredge up that whole discussion once again. My intent was to let others know how I found out that a particular thread was one of AZ's favorites, that's all. And I thought that one poem spoke for AZ so well.

I'm sorry you still feel like an intruder. I doubt anyone on here wants you to feel that way. I'm not around much but I personally have never heard a bad word spoken about you in public or private, never. Everyone seems to like you a lot.

Someone back then suggested that maybe for sensitive topics there be a separate thread. That's not a bad idea. That way people who don't wish to partake in a topic don't need to read past it to get to other PWA things. As you said, it was blown out of proportion and while it did make you feel unwelcome I really don't think that was the intention of anyone. It was just a very hot topic for some and they probably would have preferred it not take place in PWA. I doubt it was meant to be personal against you even though of course it felt that way. ((HUGS))

And btw: I can't see how anyone bearing yummy cookies could ever be considered an intruder.

Sorry, I mentioned that day earlier. What's really important is that a valued member of Woot is no longer here. Even disagreements don't matter much now. I wasn't anywhere near his favorite person, probably his least favorite lots of times, but he will be missed by me and I'm sure by many of you.

KtC, you are correct. Even without an address I could take your last name off fb. Get in contact with the university and track your butt down. ;P

D'name, I forgot to say earlier...congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding. How exciting!!!

Good night all!

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Mavyn, no need to apologize. You said nothing wrong back then. All you did was make a comment about a national issue that was at the forefront that particular day.

In my earlier posting I didn't mention it to dredge up that whole discussion once again. My intent was to let others know how I found out that a particular thread was one of AZ's favorites, that's all.

I'm sorry you still feel like an intruder. I doubt anyone on here wants you to feel that way. I'm not around much anymore but I personally have never heard a bad word spoken about you in public or private, never.

Someone back then suggested that maybe for sensitive topics there be a separate thread. That's not a bad idea. That way people who don't wish to partake in a topic don't need to read past it to get to other PWA things. As you said, it was blown out of proportion and while it didn't make you feel welcome I really don't think that purposely the intention of anyone. It was just a very hot topic for some and they probably would have preferred it not take in PWA. I don't think it was meant to be personal to you at all even though it I'm sure it felt that way. ((HUGS))

And btw: I can't see how anyone bearing yummy cookies could ever be considered an intruder.

Sorry, I mentioned that day earlier. What's really important is that a valued member of Woot is no longer here. Even disagreements don't matter much now. I wasn't anywhere near his favorite, probably his least favorite lots of times, but he will be missed by me and I'm sure by many of you.

KtC, you are correct. Even without an address I could take your last name off fb. Get in contact with the university and track your butt down. ;P

D'name, I forgot to say earlier...congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding. How exciting!!!

Good night all!

You wouldn't have my FB info if I didn't feel okay with that.

Did Mayvn make cookies?
Do you have an amazing dairy, egg, and gluten free recipe? I think I'm going to make some for the family reunion next month (since I don't have a job we have no reason not to go). If I make them so my kids and aunt could have them I thought that'd be nice since they have dietary restrictions and I doubt anyone else will remember that.

I've been writing some stuff for a game I'm playing, and I was wondering if anyone else is interested in reading it and telling me what they think. It's set in Medieval times and deals with items from the game, but I think it would make sense outside of the game.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:(Mayvn) I like what you have to say.

Ditto

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Alrighty, flight, car, and hotel are booked for the return of son to college. Accidentally booked my flight with my debit card instead of my charge card though. That's gonna hurt in a few days.

I'm glad everyone has made nice. A loss in our fold kinda puts things in perspective.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Iceback

Good morning all
Chemo day for Mrs.Ice

Mavyn

Morning all.

KT: Try these. Test first, swapping the egg for 2 T applesauce and carob chips or some other baking chip with a matching flavor. It will change the texture a bit, but they'll still taste good. You can use regular PB as well, if you prefer.

And thanks all. Hadn't intended to call anyone out or poke any other buttons.

New week, new stuffs.

kdccrosby

Morning PWA

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Morning PWA

Morning folks.

Son is moving to law school today. Should be interesting. He ended up with a fairly large truck.
Seems trucks are like dog crates. Move up a size and it is HUGE

No poop yet.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Mavyn wrote:Hadn't intended to call anyone out or poke any other buttons.

I FIND YOUR USE OF THE LETTER "K" HIGHLY OFFENSIVE

Mavyn

no1 wrote:I FIND YOUR USE OF THE LETTER "K" HIGHLY OFFENSIVE

I'll try not to pone...pode...poce? Poque?

No more prodding.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning (barely) all. I'm going to TRY to walk at the mall down the street two to three times a week. Did it Friday. Doing it today. That's a good start, right? Plus I told people I'm doing so now I have to.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lplady

Mavyn wrote:Morning all.

KT: Try these. Test first, swapping the egg for 2 T applesauce and carob chips or some other baking chip with a matching flavor. It will change the texture a bit, but they'll still taste good. You can use regular PB as well, if you prefer.

New week, new stuffs.

Hmm, that's for the baking tip. Never knew you could make that substitute. I'll have to try it.

Afternoon PWA.

After getting a pm I realized that what I wrote might have been misunderstood. Just to set the record straight. One of AZ's favorite threads was not the one with the political strife. It was this poem thread.

And now back to the regular scheduled PWA programming. Please no video of Rusty doing his business. I wouldn't mind a recipe or two with some pics though. Always looking for new ideas. I'll have to bump the recipe threads up some day.

Ice, I hope things are better for Mrs Ice this time around. Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

In the meanwhile, time to get back to life and take care of things. Take care everyone.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No poop, but Son and his stuff are gone.

Wow, the moving men pack that truck like it is the easiest thing on the planet.

Got the moving company to pack the truck. Son rented the truck and will drive it one way. Then they rent a car and drive home. They get to unpack it.
Somehow I have to go to the airport on Wed , because the one way car rental start and end at airports.
Hope it is LGA.
JFK is crazy now.
30 year ago I knew the roads, but now it is a city. Miss your turn in the car and have to drive miles to turn around.
Although I could bring Rusty on a tour of the old neighborhood if I have time when going to JFK.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning (barely) all. I'm going to TRY to walk at the mall down the street two to three times a week. Did it Friday. Doing it today. That's a good start, right? Plus I told people I'm doing so now I have to.

Get yourself a middle size, young dog.
That will make you walk. Unless it is hot.
No walking in the heat.
Snow....No problem!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Get yourself a middle size, young dog.
That will make you walk. Unless it is hot.
No walking in the heat.
Snow....No problem!

It's hot and I have more energy mid day than I do at the end of a workday and drive home.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:No poop, but Son and his stuff are gone.

Wow, the moving men pack that truck like it is the easiest thing on the planet.

Got the moving company to pack the truck. Son rented the truck and will drive it one way. Then they rent a car and drive home. They get to unpack it.
Somehow I have to go to the airport on Wed , because the one way car rental start and end at airports.
Hope it is LGA.
JFK is crazy now.
30 year ago I knew the roads, but now it is a city. Miss your turn in the car and have to drive miles to turn around.
Although I could bring Rusty on a tour of the old neighborhood if I have time when going to JFK.

Local (non-airport) rentals are usually quite a bit cheaper.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Local (non-airport) rentals are usually quite a bit cheaper.

He did research it.
This is a one way rental from Buffalo to nyc

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Morning all.

New week, new stuffs.

I've done the applesauce before, but it's been a while, I've also used cornstarch and water. Never tried peanut butter as an egg substitute. I use vinegar and baking soda for cakes.

That takes care of the egg, but the gluten? I guess I could get a gluten mix. I have a friend who has a son that can't have any of that either, my initial plan was to ask her for a recipe, but you Mayvn, are our local expert :D

Ok, I'm going to apply for jobs doing different stuff today. I probably won't get any of them, but I'll have applied, right?

KtCallista

I can't believe I had to download and watch the WHOLE video of the royal birth announcement being put on the easel. The Versions wanted to watch it. //sigh

Iceback

lplady wrote:Ice, I hope things are better for Mrs Ice this time around. Prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

Thank you it seemed to go well. The Dr. indicated something today that cheered us up. I promised Carolyn I wouldn't reveal what it is until we are sure.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Thank you it seemed to go well. The Dr. indicated something today that cheered us up. I promised Carolyn I wouldn't reveal what it is until we are sure.

Yeah, possible good news!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Thank you it seemed to go well. The Dr. indicated something today that cheered us up. I promised Carolyn I wouldn't reveal what it is until we are sure.

That sounds good just as it is

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:I've done the applesauce before, but it's been a while, I've also used cornstarch and water. Never tried peanut butter as an egg substitute. I use vinegar and baking soda for cakes.

That takes care of the egg, but the gluten? I guess I could get a gluten mix. I have a friend who has a son that can't have any of that either, my initial plan was to ask her for a recipe, but you Mayvn, are our local expert :D

Ok, I'm going to apply for jobs doing different stuff today. I probably won't get any of them, but I'll have applied, right?

Co worker is has seliac (sp?). He has to eat gluten free. We are always looking for dessert recipes to bring for our work stuff. I found a site yesterday that is vegan, and has gluten free. Let me know if you want it

kdccrosby

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!