edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

I forgot to mention Poof, if your husband wants to know anything "from the horses mouth" about the knee surgery send me a pm. To me it is well worth it for the pain relief, I don't think I would ever consider running or basketball though.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
edlada wrote:Dammit Poof, you stole my thunder. Not only will I make history being a male and all but when junior is born I will be 58 which is really pushing the age limit. I figure since I have had heart attacks, kidney stones, gall stones, bone surgery and migraines the only major pain I haven't had is child birth so when I got the offer I jumped at it!

So back to reality if only as a tourist. I am recovering from my second knee replacement which I had in early June. Now I remember why I waited two years after the first one, that was about enough time to forget how painful/uncomfortable the surgery is. I finished three weeks of physical therapy and now I can manage stairs the normal way albeit slowly. The last couple of weeks I have been really really tired so I went to see my family doc and he poke and prodded and examined etc. and decided I might have appendicitis. Higher than normal inflammation indicators and elevated white count (but neither alarmingly high) and right quadrant pain. He put on mega dose antibiotics and is watchfully waiting. Don't worry, I'll run to the hospital if the pain gets serious. Also a couple of weeks ago our 4 1/2 y.o male Yellow Lab, Stanley had to have surgery for a piece of grass or something between his toes and an ear infection. Then yesterday I noticed a lump on the flank of our 1 1/2 y.o.female Chocolate Lab, Bella. Took her to the vet today and she will have surgery tomorrow to remove it and see what it is. It is between the ribs and the skin and semi hard, about 2 1/2 in. long and 1 in. wide, 3/4 in. high. Sheesh, I don't know who is worse, me or the dogs. So that is how my atypically hot (90+ degree days) Polish summer is going.

More as new developments arise!

Edit: OK Poof, you can take the bait out of your mouth now!

Uh-uh, I had the bated breath. That's Mayvn with the bait.

Glad you're on the road to recovery. Seems like every time you get a year older, something else happens. Hope the dogs turn out okay.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I forgot to mention Poof, if your husband wants to know anything "from the horses mouth" about the knee surgery send me a pm. To me it is well worth it for the pain relief, I don't think I would ever consider running or basketball though.

He's talked to a lot of people who've had it. They say you can play tennis. I don't know how much different that would be.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:I've always associated bayous with swamps, like the Everglades. Do the Houston bayous have gators?

I don't 'think' they do so much in the more populated areas. Our 'bayous' are through populated areas now for the most part. Not so much a swamp, but more of a 'creek' I guess?

My step-mom used to live on Tiki Island, on the coast before Galveston. They had a gator in their canal going up to their docks.... It was weird. All I could think was "isn't that salt water"? So I guess they are around.

We have coyotes in my subdivision - we back up to a huge un developed track of land that connects to a river and lake. Wouldn't surprise me if there is all kinds of stuff out there.

Edit: http://www.bayoupreservation.org/default.aspx/MenuItemID/154/MenuGroup/Home.htm

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
edlada wrote:

I have always thought bait would taste gross.

Hope you and the furbabies all feel better soon! Too bad there wasn't a human baby.... you would have made a fortune! LOL

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Dammit Poof, you stole my thunder. Not only will I make history being a male and all but when junior is born I will be 58 which is really pushing the age limit. I figure since I have had heart attacks, kidney stones, gall stones, bone surgery and migraines the only major pain I haven't had is child birth so when I got the offer I jumped at it!

So back to reality if only as a tourist. I am recovering from my second knee replacement which I had in early June. Now I remember why I waited two years after the first one, that was about enough time to forget how painful/uncomfortable the surgery is. I finished three weeks of physical therapy and now I can manage stairs the normal way albeit slowly. The last couple of weeks I have been really really tired so I went to see my family doc and he poke and prodded and examined etc. and decided I might have appendicitis. Higher than normal inflammation indicators and elevated white count (but neither alarmingly high) and right quadrant pain. He put on mega dose antibiotics and is watchfully waiting. Don't worry, I'll run to the hospital if the pain gets serious. Also a couple of weeks ago our 4 1/2 y.o male Yellow Lab, Stanley had to have surgery for a piece of grass or something between his toes and an ear infection. Then yesterday I noticed a lump on the flank of our 1 1/2 y.o.female Chocolate Lab, Bella. Took her to the vet today and she will have surgery tomorrow to remove it and see what it is. It is between the ribs and the skin and semi hard, about 2 1/2 in. long and 1 in. wide, 3/4 in. high. Sheesh, I don't know who is worse, me or the dogs. So that is how my atypically hot (90+ degree days) Polish summer is going.

More as new developments arise!

Nice here. Cool. Sunny. Lets see how long it last.

Just have everything in you and the dogs replaced. Like an old car you love.
I'm hoping they make better female knees by the time I need one, or two.
I heard that most of the replacement parts are based on male sizes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

Can't believe how great this weather is for August. I'm sure it will get really hot again, but every day like this is fantastic. Plus it's cutting my electric bill.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Can't believe how great this weather is for August. I'm sure it will get really hot again, but every day like this is fantastic. Plus it's cutting my electric bill.

Well, sunday was great. We went to the museum that has a beach we can take Rusty to.
No more dogs on the beach.
So we took him and walked off the museum grounds, onto the rich peoples beaches. (everyone does this)

Walked pretty far and then noticed one HUGE dark cloud was raining on Westchester/the Bronx and heading our way.

Walked all the way back to the car. HUGE dark cloud following us all the way.

Drove home and damn it, that Cloud followed us all the way back!

We never got the rain.

But Damn, one cloud had to follow us? Couldn't go someplace else?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well, sunday was great. We went to the museum that has a beach we can take Rusty to.
No more dogs on the beach.
So we took him and walked off the museum grounds, onto the rich peoples beaches. (everyone does this)

Walked pretty far and then noticed one HUGE dark cloud was raining on Westchester/the Bronx and heading our way.

Walked all the way back to the car. HUGE dark cloud following us all the way.

Drove home and damn it, that Cloud followed us all the way back!

We never got the rain.

But Damn, one cloud had to follow us? Couldn't go someplace else?

It didn't rain on you because you got in the house too quick. If you'd have stayed outside, you would have gotten soaked.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:It didn't rain on you because you got in the house too quick. If you'd have stayed outside, you would have gotten soaked.

It looked like it was pouring under part of the cloud.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

plane leaves at 9am tomorrow to albany.

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:plane leaves at 9am tomorrow to albany.

Are you meeting Lynnie?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Are you meeting Lynnie?

Duno

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning.

On Sunday afternoon, I was running errands. Blue skies when I left the house, black clouds by the time I got to the store. Was just starting to rain on my way in, and was pouring by the time I left. I got soaked just crossing the parking lot.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Morning.

On Sunday afternoon, I was running errands. Blue skies when I left the house, black clouds by the time I got to the store. Was just starting to rain on my way in, and was pouring by the time I left. I got soaked just crossing the parking lot.

This was blue skies except for one huge rain cloud.

Hi!
Mom day.
See ya.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

off plane 1 plane 2 boards shortly.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:off plane 1 plane 2 boards shortly.

You got a good day to travel.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Good morning--uh, afternoon all. It's cool, overcast. Lovely day. Taking granddaughter #4 school shopping and to dinner this afternoon.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hey all.

Am I a fool if I take an Americorp position to do the job I really loved, even though it's a fraction of the pay I had before and I basically go back to my old job for a year?

I think it would be better than getting a temp job at a shop or something, but if I take it I'm committed for an entire year, meaning I have to pass up any opportunities that may come along in January.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:You got a good day to travel.

so, looks like we don't have concrete plans for the 9th, see the twin towers and statue of liberty. we won't have a car, but if you want to meet somewhere for lunch or whatever. or, you could just talk to my mom.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

Morning!

Random picture from the weekend. North American Millipede. We saw bunches and bunches of these on the hike.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Whew, been a heck of a week. Looks like I might actually have a tame day today.

//knocks on wood

And good morning!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Random picture from the weekend. North American Millipede. We saw bunches and bunches of these on the hike.

The worms crawl in the worms crawl out...

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Whew, been a heck of a week. Looks like I might actually have a tame day today.

//knocks on wood

And good morning!

Morning

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:The worms crawl in the worms crawl out...

the worms wrap around...

Poor millipedes. They say they're not worms! Worms have NO legs, and they have lots!

pooflady

Going with grandson #1 for his senior pictures this afternoon. His mom has to work. Should be interesting.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Going with grandson #1 for his senior pictures this afternoon. His mom has to work. Should be interesting.

Don't they usually do that by themselves?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Don't they usually do that by themselves?

Heck no. You have to be there to tell them to smile, fix their hair, etc.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

Random picture time!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Heck no. You have to be there to tell them to smile, fix their hair, etc.

Yeah, this kid hasn't had a smile in a picture in years. I did everything but stand on my head. There's a few smiles. He heard $175 and was shocked that the pictures were that much. Ha! Got news, kid, that's the retainer fee for the proofs.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, this kid hasn't had a smile in a picture in years. I did everything but stand on my head. There's a few smiles. He heard $175 and was shocked that the pictures were that much. Ha! Got news, kid, that's the retainer fee for the proofs.

Oh, I thought that you were talking about the senior picture for the yearbook.

Son's turned out nice. Don't know how, it was early in the morning in the summer.

We put it on the piano with his tassel from the graduation cap.

He doesn't like it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

My high school let the seniors submit a professional picture for the yearbook. It had to meet certain standards, but was still nicer than the school-taken picture everyone else had to use.

FenStar

Mavyn wrote:My high school let the seniors submit a professional picture for the yearbook. It had to meet certain standards, but was still nicer than the school-taken picture everyone else had to use.

a blind ape with a camera phone could take better photos than the people schools hire.

FenStar

pooflady wrote:Yeah, this kid hasn't had a smile in a picture in years. I did everything but stand on my head. There's a few smiles. He heard $175 and was shocked that the pictures were that much. Ha! Got news, kid, that's the retainer fee for the proofs.

For that price you could almost buy a DSLR.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, I thought that you were talking about the senior picture for the yearbook.

Son's turned out nice. Don't know how, it was early in the morning in the summer.

He doesn't like it!

Mine (and son's) used professional photographers contracted by the school district. They did casual and the tux school photo as well.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, I thought that you were talking about the senior picture for the yearbook.

He doesn't like it!

One of them will be for the year book. My kids went to the same photographer. I'll pick up the proofs tomorrow. Along with the inside pics, there's at least 25 places outside, ponds and bridges, et cetera.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:One of them will be for the year book. My kids went to the same photographer. I'll pick up the proofs tomorrow. Along with the inside pics, there's at least 25 places outside, ponds and bridges, et cetera.

Wow, we just had a shot in a suit that they provided.

Yours sounds like wedding photo shoot!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Wow, we just had a shot in a suit that they provided.

Yours sounds like wedding photo shoot!

Some kids take their dogs or other pets, musical instruments, sports equipment.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Some kids take their dogs or other pets, musical instruments, sports equipment.

But he took grandma! Aww, how sweet!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!