jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
no1 wrote:i was 52 when he graduated.

Your typing is wonderful for a 102 year old. Were there even typewriters when you were in school?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:But he took grandma! Aww, how sweet!

Because Mom and Dad were at work and somebody had to show him where it was and what you were supposed to do.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser

not on long. dad update.

he scared me into a few more gray hairs last night/this morning. we went to visit my aunt and uncle (his sister.) at about 12:30 this morning I hear a bang and then a couple more. I think that sounds like it was on their heat pump outside, quiet then another one.

get up to investigate and answer natures call. go to hall bathroom door is closed. wait a while go to small bathroom. coming back notice dad's oxygen cord under bathroom door, small bathroom was closer. hear odd sound from inside. know dad doesn't wear hearing aids at night and can't hear me talking I open door to see if he needs help.

he is lying crossways on the floor spasming, Banging his head on the tub. try to talk to him - can't talk, making coughing grunting cries. put my hand behind his head to keep him from hurting himself hitting head. he slides sideways and is still spasming. run call uncle and go back to dad. call hospice. thankfully our nurse told us we could call when visiting as they have office in PC. dad quits spasming, becomes semi coherant. decides to sit up. then stands up and uncle and i walk him to bed. he is having trouble controlling feet. I'm thinking stroke as his language isn't clear either. hospice nurse comes and asks for Med list. I get my cheat sheet. he looks and asks about dad's sugar level. we measure its 58. (normal 80-120) give him juice with added sugar. while sitting next to him keeping him company all of a sudden I feel very warm and wet on my back side next to him. yup he peed the bed and me! now aunt helps me get him to bathroom. didn't think of this possibility so no extra PJ's. we put him in aunts PJ bottoms (a cute pink - I'm glad dad is blind!) he finally is beginning to become fully conscious and wants to go to bed. about 45 minutes after juice his sugar is up to 85.

good news is when he wakes up he doesn't remember anything about the incident and has no soreness or bruises. but he is dizzy and not feeling good so we come home. it appears he has a bug, his stomach is upset and he is dizzy.

also on Tues he tells hospice nurse he is having trouble swallowing everything now all the time. did he tell me? NO! so we will see what happens next.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hope you have a peaceful night Jaws.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
FenStar wrote:a blind ape with a camera phone could take better photos than the people schools hire.

i'll take that as a compliment

jawsuser wrote:Your typing is wonderful for a 102 year old.

that too.

no1

pooflady wrote:Because Mom and Dad were at work and somebody had to show him where it was and what you were supposed to do.

... we're talking sex ed now, rite?

pooflady

no1 wrote:... we're talking sex ed now, rite?

Oh, ewwww. In fact, EWWWWWW.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

After the mix-up with woot shipping the birthday crap (special edition) arrived at my home from the absolute other side of the country!

BEST Bundles of Crayons EVER!!!!

We scored:
One warm weather sleeping bag
Woot shirt in adult size we usually order
Woot shirt in Ver1's size
Set of water/mud/dirt finger toe shoes in Orc's size (nice guess since the pair I ordered on woot was for me :D )
Green throw blanket (no wool, score!)
Mercedes shaped wireless mouse - well not completely my thing but I was just complaining about needing another mouse.
Bluetooth speaker - been needing something so the versions can have audiobooks/music in their room - nice and compact, will do just fine!
Set of three zebra print knives - not my first choice for a knife blade color pattern, but - score for sweet knives!
HD TV mount - living in a 80's manufactured home I'm not sure I trust my wall enough for this, but next time I rearrange the furniture I may change my mind. Yes, it's will fit my TV.
Black caped new style screaming monkey. - MONKEY
FILA large jacket - doesn't fit anyone, hmmm
One set of gamer headphones, a bit large for me, but not uncomfortably so.
One ipad cover (currently stuck on Orc's ipad - he can't get it off)
One Legendary Crap can cozy! - not sure whay we'll use it for but I'm not giving it up.
One beat up letter in a very beat up and battered box.

Other than the jacket it was almost like whomever packed the box knew us. Seriously cool! The jacket is really nice, just the wrong size.

Was it worth the $31 my sister-in-law paid in shipping? possibly.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:After the mix-up with woot shipping the birthday crap (special edition) arrived at my home from the absolute other side of the country!

BEST Bundles of Crayons EVER!!!!

Sweeeeet!

In the end only kindness matters

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning! Supposed to rain most of the day. While I didn't mind the walk at my old job, it's days like this that make me glad I don't have to make that hike anymore.

And, random picture. Wiwaxy Gap and Linda Lake, Banff National Forest in Canada.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! We have been to the beach. It is muggier than it has been the last couple of days.

We will take Daughter and Elizabeth back to the mountains on Sunday. I ha hoped they could stay longer but the county is going to cut more trees in our yard. Since we sold them the house for the airport and we are living in it rent free, I don't suppose we can complain.

Jaws, hope you have an un eventful couple of days to recover!

KtC, what wonderful crap!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote: night Jaws.

sounds likea JAWS spinoff

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:sounds likea JAWS spinoff

Well it is shark week

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Mavyn wrote:Morning! Supposed to rain most of the day. While I didn't mind the walk at my old job, it's days like this that make me glad I don't have to make that hike anymore.

And, random picture. Wiwaxy Gap and Linda Lake, Banff National Forest in Canada.

I miss Alberta I need to get my passport redone, and get one for the kids.

KtCallista

Ver3 missed the unboxing, he just saw the new monkey and went and got as many as he could find out of the stuffed animal pile. He's walking around with the big woot monkey dname sent when he was born. "This is my monkey. He's a big monkey." I remember taking a picture when he was the same size as the monkey, not anymore.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Ver3 missed the unboxing, he just saw the new monkey and went and got as many as he could find out of the stuffed animal pile. He's walking around with the big woot monkey dname sent when he was born. "This is my monkey. He's a big monkey." I remember taking a picture when he was the same size as the monkey, not anymore.

Good to know!

What new monkey?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

Howdy all. Bella the wonder dog had her surgery and is doing well. It is probably a fibroid tumor, harmless. The vet sent it to be biopsied to make sure. Bella was trying to pull out her sutures so we put a shirt on her to save her the indignity of the cone of shame. She seems to like the shirt. Of course Stanley was jealous, they always want what the other one has, so we gave him a shirt too.

My dogs like me, that is important.

no1

edlada wrote:Howdy all. Bella the wonder dog had her surgery and is doing well. It is probably a fibroid tumor, harmless. The vet sent it to be biopsied to make sure. Bella was trying to pull out her sutures so we put a shirt on her to save her the indignity of the cone of shame. She seems to like the shirt. Of course Stanley was jealous, they always want what the other one has, so we gave him a shirt too.

i believe this to be a sign of the coming apocalypse.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Howdy all. Bella the wonder dog had her surgery and is doing well. It is probably a fibroid tumor, harmless. The vet sent it to be biopsied to make sure. Bella was trying to pull out her sutures so we put a shirt on her to save her the indignity of the cone of shame. She seems to like the shirt. Of course Stanley was jealous, they always want what the other one has, so we gave him a shirt too.

Rusty never cared if we put a shirt on him either.

He has a Christmas shirt and a halloween shirt.

Nice looking pups!
Wanna play?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

edlada

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty never cared if we put a shirt on him either.

Nice looking pups!
Wanna play?

I am sure Bella would love to play with Rusty. Stanley is a little quieter and more calm. He would sniff around, wag his tail a time or two and go lay down somewhere.

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Nice looking pups!
Wanna play?

i bet you hear that from all the guys.

edlada

no1 wrote:i believe this to be a sign of the coming apocalypse.

Hey, dogs (especially Labs) are people too!

edlada

no1 wrote:i bet you hear that from all the guys.

I sense the smack will be strong for that one...

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:

Nice looking pups!
Wanna play?

make sure it doesn't rain.

Mavyn

My sister has border collies. After bath time, the longer haired one wears a tee shirt until she's dry to prevent bad hair days. Let to dry naturally, she turns into one giant cow-lick.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:make sure it doesn't rain.

Fen has a few free smacks for my lame excuse to not meet him.

Now, as for mr 1...he has no free smacks...

//Smack//

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty never cared if we put a shirt on him either.

Nice looking pups!
Wanna play?

Nice doggies!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:i bet you hear that from all the guys.

Those days are long gone. Thank goodness.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Those days are long gone. Thank goodness.

Thank goodness??? Why???

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Thank goodness??? Why???

Why?

Why don't guys talk about me as I pass on the street anymore???

Because a 20 something year old rack is quite different than a 50 something year old one.

Oh, wait, that isn't the question.

I didn't need it then and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

FenStar

dontwantaname wrote:Why?

Why don't guys talk about me as I pass on the street anymore???

Because a 20 something year old rack is quite different than a 50 something year old one.

Oh, wait, that isn't the question.

I didn't need it then and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it now.

"something" = 9 or 10 in this case?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:"something" = 9 or 10 in this case?

non smack #2

You think you'll be young forever?????? Hahahahahaha!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

What are the odds Fen will run out of smack free comments before he leaves nyc?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Good to know!

What new monkey?

The one that came in the Bundles of Crayons that finally arrived.

Ed - cute labs.

I'm leaving for karate in an hour, then over to coach t-ball, then driving 6 hours to my parent's house for a family reunion I'm really not wanting to go to more and more. My Mom and sister decided they'd like to spend special time with Ver1, no one else and are insisting on me leaving her for an extra week, it's all sorts of difficulties but I've done my best to make it work. Still, my Mom and Sister are pissed at me because Ver1 still needs a booster seat or carseat, which she normally uses, but they don't want to deal with. So I said I would buy one when I get there so I can make sure it will work in their car, but they couldn't wait for me to pick one out that would work, and just ordered one off Amazon, which may or may not work. And now they're saying if it won't work I can explain to her why she has to come home instead of stay like we planned, when I didn't really want to just leave her (I have to take all the other kids back, they'll only keep her for a special week). And we still don't know if I have to drive most of the way back down to get her or if she gets to fly up with her uncle (if he has to work up here the week after).

Can I just stay home and will someone please take the versions so I can have 20 mins all to myself?

pooflady

Lots of rain and thunder tonight.

no1

pooflady wrote:Lots of rain and thunder tonight.

but not raining and thunderthighs

pooflady

no1 wrote:but not raining and thunderthighs

Raining was here a couple of hours ago. Thunderthighs was on FB and Twitter.

Mavyn

Morning! Super happy it's Friday--already been a cluster-cluck of a morning.

And, have lots of fun stuff planned for the weekend. Come on, let's get this day done!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Good morning. It's been a busy and stressful week. I hoping for calm water today.

Son called late yesterday afternoon to say that the upstairs AC was out. Talked him through checking all the breakers. No go. 91° Upstairs.

Called AC dude. He was there about 2 hours later (love that guy). Lucked out. Only a bad capacitor. Replaced and working. $147. Whew.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jawsuser

no1 wrote:... we're talking sex ed now, rite?

//smack
//smack

that comment deserved two smacks!