dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:It's official!

I start a new job on August 26th. The same day school starts. Someone remind me to bring home flowers, because I'm not going to have time to bake brownies like I used to.

I'm also going to get a new MacBook from the new job. I've never used a Mac for extended times. I wonder if I'm going to like it.



Hope you love it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I'm dying to know what's in the ironing board file.



I checked. It seems that the ironing board came with a instruction sheet and a survey. plus information on parts, like the cover.

Why would you keep that?
If you did, why keep a separate folder for every paper.
No wonder the damn cabinet is so heavy!



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I checked. It seems that the ironing board came with a instruction sheet and a survey. plus information on parts, like the cover.

Why would you keep that?
If you did, why keep a separate folder for every paper.
No wonder the damn cabinet is so heavy!



I admit I have a file titled Instructions and Manuals for small things, but it all goes in one.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Olive Garden and card club. Later.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
cruzer wrote:It's official!

I start a new job on August 26th. The same day school starts. Someone remind me to bring home flowers, because I'm not going to have time to bake brownies like I used to.

I'm also going to get a new MacBook from the new job. I've never used a Mac for extended times. I wonder if I'm going to like it.



Yeah Cruzer! A Mac? Have you crossed over to the dark side! Lol hope you enjoy you're new job!

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:I admit I have a file titled Instructions and Manuals for small things, but it all goes in one.



I have a folder also....

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I'm dying to know what's in the ironing board file.



see, i was thinking something crass like "prolly letters and phone numbers from old girlfriends" cuz you can't label a folder like that "old gfs" but then i remembered who dname was talking about, and how she's described hubs...

dontwantaname wrote:I checked. It seems that the ironing board came with a instruction sheet and a survey. plus information on parts, like the cover.



... and this pretty much fit.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:... and this pretty much fit.



He is OCD and a CPA.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Not even no1?
nobody

oh well.

Mom day tomorrow.

Son leaves on Wed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

And home.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:Congratulations! Do you feel better having made the decision?



I don't think I'm going to feel better about it until that first paycheck comes in.

Or at least until I start the new job.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
joyner wrote:Yeah Cruzer! A Mac? Have you crossed over to the dark side! Lol hope you enjoy your new job!



I don't know that I have crossed over to the dark side, but I know that I had the choice between the two, and I picked the one from the dark side. I was told it was more developer friendly.

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:Hope you love it!



Me too! Otherwise I made a pretty big mistake, right?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Me too! Otherwise I made a pretty big mistake, right?



Since we are on the other end of the work time....hubby is just thinking of the places he left without a pension. They didn't have them, but the gov does.

But you have plenty of time!
The government isn't going anywhere.





WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cruzer wrote:I don't know that I have crossed over to the dark side, but I know that I had the choice between the two, and I picked the one from the dark side. I was told it was more developer friendly.



interesting! in what respect?

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Since we are on the other end of the work time....hubby is just thinking of the places he left without a pension. They didn't have them, but the gov does.

But you have plenty of time!
The government isn't going anywhere.



someday the govt will decide that eliminating pensions for new hires will be less problematic than issuing furloughs government-wide. then only the people who have already been promised pensions will get them.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:someday the govt will decide that eliminating pensions for new hires will be less problematic than issuing furloughs government-wide. then only the people who have already been promised pensions will get them.



I really, really don't think that's going to happen.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
cruzer wrote:I don't think I'm going to feel better about it until that first paycheck comes in.

Or at least until I start the new job.



When do you start? And you have to promise to post a few times and let us know how you like it.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
cruzer wrote:It's official!

I start a new job on August 26th. The same day school starts. Someone remind me to bring home flowers, because I'm not going to have time to bake brownies like I used to.

I'm also going to get a new MacBook from the new job. I've never used a Mac for extended times. I wonder if I'm going to like it.



Congrats! Yay for new jobs and paychecks.

Getting all the new benefits started is my current check point. Still getting used to the change in pay days.

One of those days where I'd rather curl up in a dark room. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Home from reunion. Decent weekend, but I'll be paying for all the sunshine for a while. Migraines have been milder at least. Definitely feel like I want to sleep for a week even though I'm having trouble sleeping (side effect of sun exposure, makes me chronically exhausted and sleepy).

Having only the younger 2 versions is nice, been up for 3 hours and not a single fight! Ver3 is even successfully potty-training so far. Granted we are all tired as we stopped for a few hours to swim in a lake on the scenic route home. Never had taken the versions that route (it's a lot more crowded and a little further, but pretty). Didn't see any of the celebrities that live there, but they usually don't come out during tourist season if they can avoid it.


Cruzer - congrats again on the job. I used a mac for a while. Did a little perl on it. It was always more of a toy than a work machine. My brother-in-law is a die-hard mac guy and he's a tech so I guess it's all preference.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:I really, really don't think that's going to happen.



this is how it starts

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

congrats on the new job Cruzer.
Welcome home KtC

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Mowing, cleaning up the neglected yard at the NC house. We have lots to do at rental property. I don't know if there is time to get it all done. Three renters are more than a month behind so will probably get the boot letter on Monday. I really don't like to write the boot letter. These are all nice people. They just can't pay their rent.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Mowing, cleaning up the neglected yard at the NC house. We have lots to do at rental property. I don't know if there is time to get it all done. Three renters are more than a month behind so will probably get the boot letter on Monday. I really don't like to write the boot letter. These are all nice people. They just can't pay their rent.



That's the problem with renters; some of them can't pay and some of them wreck the place.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Woo-hoo, temperature dropped and dew point dropped. It's a great evening.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

A sign on a camera store:

Today your prints will come.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Dilemma. Ordered four 12 oz bags of coffee. Thought I was ordering ground, evidently ordered whole bean. Non-returnable. Borrow somebody's coffee grinder (they only grind about 3 oz at a time) or buy one or pitch them.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Dilemma. Ordered four 12 oz bags of coffee. Thought I was ordering ground, evidently ordered whole bean. Non-returnable. Borrow somebody's coffee grinder (they only grind about 3 oz at a time) or buy one or pitch them.



Buy a little coffee grinder and grind it as you need it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Dilemma. Ordered four 12 oz bags of coffee. Thought I was ordering ground, evidently ordered whole bean. Non-returnable. Borrow somebody's coffee grinder (they only grind about 3 oz at a time) or buy one or pitch them.



Some coffee shops will let you use their grinder with your own beans. I cheap grinder won't cost much. We got a burr grinder and always do our own beans. I only grind what we need for a couple days and keep the rest in an airtight.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Agreed--buy one and start grinding your own as needed. Fresh roasted and fresh ground is better--I was surprised by the difference.

Didn't manage to see any meteors. Rain and overcast, and then just too tired.

Happy hump day.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Congrats on the new job cruzier!


Plane was delayed last night to 8pm. We get there at 7:05 and go through security, no one else was in line and they closed right after we got through. I think they were actually waiting for us to close. We get on the plane and go to the runway to leave.

Captain: "Uhhh... so it looks like there is some bad weather and the tower is giving us a different route, it is a bit longer so we need to do the calculations to see if we need more fuel..."

about 5 minuets later
Captain: "Yea we don't have enough fuel so we are going to have to go back and get more..."

Get back to the terminal.
Flight attendant "Looks like we won't get there in time for those of you with a transfer (that's us) so you can either get off now or spend the night in Charlotte"

Meh...


(they gave us a through flight at 6:15AM this morning (Airport opens at 4AM) with exit row seats on delta, (had other choices too) and there was a line, not sure who would rather fly at 6:15 than 8:00pm.)

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Buy a little coffee grinder and grind it as you need it.

Buy a big one in case you need to dispose of a body!

#AlwaysBePrepared

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:Congrats on the new job cruzier!


Plane was delayed last night to 8pm. We get there at 7:05 and go through security, no one else was in line and they closed right after we got through. I think they were actually waiting for us to close. We get on the plane and go to the runway to leave.

Captain: "Uhhh... so it looks like there is some bad weather and the tower is giving us a different route, it is a bit longer so we need to do the calculations to see if we need more fuel..."

about 5 minuets later
Captain: "Yea we don't have enough fuel so we are going to have to go back and get more..."

Get back to the terminal.
Flight attendant "Looks like we won't get there in time for those of you with a transfer (that's us) so you can either get off now or spend the night in Charlotte"

Meh...


(they gave us a through flight at 6:15AM this morning (Airport opens at 4AM) with exit row seats on delta, (had other choices too) and there was a line, not sure who would rather fly at 6:15 than 8:00pm.)



Sorry for your miserable night.

Business travelers would opt for the 6:15 flight in order to make meeting scheduled.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
FenStar wrote:Congrats on the new job cruzier!


Plane was delayed last night to 8pm. We get there at 7:05 and go through security, no one else was in line and they closed right after we got through. I think they were actually waiting for us to close. We get on the plane and go to the runway to leave.

Captain: "Uhhh... so it looks like there is some bad weather and the tower is giving us a different route, it is a bit longer so we need to do the calculations to see if we need more fuel..."

about 5 minuets later
Captain: "Yea we don't have enough fuel so we are going to have to go back and get more..."

Get back to the terminal.
Flight attendant "Looks like we won't get there in time for those of you with a transfer (that's us) so you can either get off now or spend the night in Charlotte"

Meh...


(they gave us a through flight at 6:15AM this morning (Airport opens at 4AM) with exit row seats on delta, (had other choices too) and there was a line, not sure who would rather fly at 6:15 than 8:00pm.)



Summer flights are trickier for planes anyway. The air is warmer, takes more fuel to stay up.

Have to make a decision on the Americorp by tomorrow. I think I can afford to do it, but I'm really nervous about being in a year contract. If a good job comes up in January I could apply, but they'd have to wait for me to finish my commitment to take the position which may not work. Plus it will end when jobs are scarcest, but I am debating going back to school.....

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Summer flights are trickier for planes anyway. The air is warmer, takes more fuel to stay up.

Have to make a decision on the Americorp by tomorrow. I think I can afford to do it, but I'm really nervous about being in a year contract. If a good job comes up in January I could apply, but they'd have to wait for me to finish my commitment to take the position which may not work. Plus it will end when jobs are scarcest, but I am debating going back to school.....



I'd be afraid of the year contract, too.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Buy a little coffee grinder and grind it as you need it.



for some reason this made me want to look up "organ grinder" on wikipedia



"The grinder would crank his organ in a public place ..., moving from place to place ... in order to avoid being arrested"

#euphemism

FenStar wrote:Buy a big one in case you need to dispose of a body!

#AlwaysBePrepared



mabe woot will sell a refurb combo coffee grinder/wood chipper/evidence disposer.

i wonder how long it's been since woot had a "new product launch" with pope hat?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Son is gone.

Hope it sticks.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Poof you will be amazed at the difference in flavor when you grind your own coffee beans.

Looks like there is a possibility that Jaws is going to get a lot more rain.

Hubby ordered a new belt for one of the riding lawn mowers. He forgot to switch his address so it is being delivered at the beach. He and his friend were able to get one of the mowers working so I can ride! This one has a grass catcher. I like grass catchers. I don't like clumps of grass left in the yard. I usually mow over them until they are mulched up. The gras was so tall this time that didn't work.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Dropped into the upper 40's last night. So much for summer...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Dropped into the upper 40's last night. So much for summer...



Can't believe we closed the windows because of cold in August.



The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."