dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Can't believe we closed the windows because of cold in August.



Here too.

Nice day if you don't want to swim!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Not sure if it's because of the cold night or what, but the office is STEAMY today. Ugh.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I wish my AC had a setting between, let it be sweltering and freezing whatever-you've-got off. Stupid above 90 weather, no one has proper AC here, it's never supposed to be above 90.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I have accepted the Americorp VISTA position with FIRST in my local area. Thinking about grad school after (or renewing and then grad school - then Ver3 will be starting Kindergarten).

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

My parents are never going to spend time with my kids again! (laughing) I left Version1 with my Mom and Dad to spend the week. She's also doing stuff with my sister and her husband. Well last night they all went to the Rollerdome. My dad took my daughter out onto the rink. Last night my brother-in-law posts a picture of my dad holding my daughter, my dad has a splint on one arm and an IV in the other. Latter my uncle (who was visiting my parents until this morning) posted a picture where my Dad had ice on both arms and reported of a bruised tail bone. Today my dad emailed to say that both hands are in fact broken! *facepalm*

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

KtC, I never thought of ver1 as a hand breaker! Your poor dad!

The weather has been fabulous today. We cleaned out the car port. I put in orders for water and power n at Hubby's latest rental. Water people were supposed to be there at 3pm. We stayed until 4. No water dept. people. Tomorrow power and more mowing. Took my smaller Snapper back to the shop. Same guy has promised to fix it this time! We don't have a trailer big enough for the John Deere. Saturday the tree trimmers are supposed to be here to cut 5ore trees for the airport. The cute part is that none of these trees are in the flight path! Our next door neighbor is complaining. They have trees taller than ours. One tree is in their power line. I don't blame them for wanting it cut. They won't cut the one in our power line! Lol the neighbor is very persistent and abrasive. I think I should work on my mean face!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:KtC, I never thought of ver1 as a hand breaker! Your poor dad!

The weather has been fabulous today. We cleaned out the car port. I put in orders for water and power n at Hubby's latest rental. Water people were supposed to be there at 3pm. We stayed until 4. No water dept. people. Tomorrow power and more mowing. Took my smaller Snapper back to the shop. Same guy has promised to fix it this time! We don't have a trailer big enough for the John Deere. Saturday the tree trimmers are supposed to be here to cut 5ore trees for the airport. The cute part is that none of these trees are in the flight path! Our next door neighbor is complaining. They have trees taller than ours. One tree is in their power line. I don't blame them for wanting it cut. They won't cut the one in our power line! Lol the neighbor is very persistent and abrasive. I think I should work on my mean face!



The house is close enough that the trees have to be short?
Isn't that a bit close???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hello. Drove d-i-l and #4 granddaughter to Dayton to the airport today. #3 granddaughter rode along. Then had #3 granddaughter and #1 son for dinner.

Now I'd really like a nap, but have too much proofing to do.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hello. Drove d-i-l and #4 granddaughter to Dayton to the airport today. #3 granddaughter rode along. Then had #3 granddaughter and #1 son for dinner.

Now I'd really like a nap, but have too much proofing to do.



I think we need a family chart.
Where were they going?



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator


Tomorrow is vet day for the cat.
Should we take bets on if I will be able to find him and get him into the crate?
There is also the will I bleed trying to get him in?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:I think we need a family chart.
Where were they going?



CA. She's from there and all her family is there.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Tomorrow is vet day for the cat.
Should we take bets on if I will be able to find him and get him into the crate?
There is also the will I bleed trying to get him in?



Yes and yes.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yes and yes.




Blood.

Dogs are easier.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Blood.

Dogs are easier.



Could be worse, you could be in my dad's situation. I asked how his tail bone was, and he said if he mooned me it'd have a purple smile. I should have asked how he expected to get his pants down without the use of his hands, but I let it go. He's in pain, and technically it isn't Ver1's fault, my dad was on his own every time he fell, apparently.

She flies home on Sunday with her uncle. Her first time in a commercial airline, then I go to Philadelphia on the 26th or 27th, any wooters in that area?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Another cool start.

Congrats on the job, KT.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

T minus 2 hours till the wildlife capture needs to take place.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
dontwantaname wrote:The house is close enough that the trees have to be short?
Isn't that a bit close???



It is a small rural airport. No commercial service. Few corporate planes. Rudimentary IFR. Sort of like a private strip. We love it. We have had a plane based there for years but haven't flown it in a long time.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
joyner wrote:It is a small rural airport. No commercial service. Few corporate planes. Rudimentary IFR. Sort of like a private strip. We love it. We have had a plane based there for years but haven't flown it in a long time.



My lawn mower still isn't fixed. Was supposed to be finished by 11am at the latest. If he paid his rent I don't think I would be so mad.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So far today...walked Rusty (yes there was poop)
Got stung by a bee that got between my foot and the flip flop

Found the cat and got him in the crate easily. No blood.
Scratchy started mournfully moaning so I took him to the vet early.

He had a senior workup.

Cost a small fortune.

Don't get pets when you don't have money!

Got coffee and a donut as a reward to myself.

Spoke to son. He was warning me about charges he might have on the phone. The GPS I bought, that has Canadian maps, screwed up, so he turned on his phone to get maps.
I mentioned...paper...no international charges for paper maps....
....got a blank stare over the phone.


Somehow Niagara Falls shouldn't count as international.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:So far today...walked Rusty (yes there was poop)
Got stung by a bee that got between my foot and the flip flop

Found the cat and got him in the crate easily. No blood.
Scratchy started mournfully moaning so I took him to the vet early.

He had a senior workup.

Cost a small fortune.

Don't get pets when you don't have money!

Got coffee and a donut as a reward to myself.

Spoke to son. He was warning me about charges he might have on the phone. The GPS I bought, that has Canadian maps, screwed up, so he turned on his phone to get maps.
I mentioned...paper...no international charges for paper maps....
....got a blank stare over the phone.


Somehow Niagara Falls shouldn't count as international.



Depends on which side he's on. Why would he be in or calling Canada?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Congrats cruzer and KtC on the jobs. Thinking positive thoughts for both of you.


D'name my cats never give me too much trouble and have never scratched me when taking them to the vet.


Years ago we had a barn cat that was a terror. One day we had to take my geriatric poodle, who mothered all the cats, in when we took Sunshine in. We let the vet check out my dog first and the cat watched with his head out of the box.


When it was his time I warned the vet and it was like a totally different cat. He didn't hiss, claw, nothing. So after that we always took my poodle in with him and let the vet work on her first, then Sunshine was a very docile kitty. I guess seeing "mom" doing okay made the difference.

I don't think we are going to get our road fixed anytime soon. We are back under a flash flood warning until Sunday. It had been raining a little bit each day; not today. Its been raining elephants and hippos.


Dad is doing pretty good. Hospice brought a case of glucerna so he can drink them when he is really having trouble swallowing. They encouraged him to drink one or two a day as he is losing weight due to not eating as much. He asked the hospice nurse what would most likely happen near the end. When he heard the response he said he wanted a gun. I told him that wasn't an option.

I am praying that God will have mercy and take him in his sleep before he gets to that point. But at least I know that God will give me the strength for whatever we face. Growing old is NOT for wimps and neither is cancer or living with someone who is going through this process!!!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jawsuser wrote:Congrats cruzer and KtC on the jobs. Thinking positive thoughts for both of you.


D'name my cats never give me too much trouble and have never scratched me when taking them to the vet.


Years ago we had a barn cat that was a terror. One day we had to take my geriatric poodle, who mothered all the cats, in when we took Sunshine in. We let the vet check out my dog first and the cat watched with his head out of the box.


When it was his time I warned the vet and it was like a totally different cat. He didn't hiss, claw, nothing. So after that we always took my poodle in with him and let the vet work on her first, then Sunshine was a very docile kitty. I guess seeing "mom" doing okay made the difference.

I don't think we are going to get our road fixed anytime soon. We are back under a flash flood warning until Sunday. It had been raining a little bit each day; not today. Its been raining elephants and hippos.


Dad is doing pretty good. Hospice brought a case of glucerna so he can drink them when he is really having trouble swallowing. They encouraged him to drink one or two a day as he is losing weight due to not eating as much. He asked the hospice nurse what would most likely happen near the end. When he heard the response he said he wanted a gun. I told him that wasn't an option.

I am praying that God will have mercy and take him in his sleep before he gets to that point. But at least I know that God will give me the strength for whatever we face. Growing old is NOT for wimps and neither is cancer or living with someone who is going through this process!!!



You're in my thoughts.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:You're in my thoughts.



Thanks. I love my woot friends and appreciate being able to share lives remotely. When there is no one I can talk to I can always post on woot. I think of y'all often, even though I'm not on here much.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jawsuser wrote:Thanks. I love my woot friends and appreciate being able to share lives remotely. When there is no one I can talk to I can always post on woot. I think of y'all often, even though I'm not on here much.



My dad died at the dinner table.
You can not convince me that is not the way to go.
Fast, painless, go about your normal day and bam, out of nowhere, the end.

Of course, the fact he had a bad heart and wasn't driving do have something to do with the idea it is a good way to go.
Also we saw exactly what happened.

I think one of the advantages of being a pet is, when it gets too bad, you can be put down.



Yeah, we are here for you, whenever you need us.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

KtC, are you anywhere near the No-Return Wilderness?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:KtC, are you anywhere near the No-Return Wilderness?



What is that?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:What is that?



Where they killed the guy with the kidnapped girl.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:KtC, are you anywhere near the No-Return Wilderness?



I did part of my undergrad in the Frank Church River-of-no-return Wilderness. Yes, we drove the other way down the night that guy drove up, otherwise we would have seen him.


The Frank Church and it's connecting wilderness the Selway-Bitteroot are the most remote and difficult terrain in the lower 48 states. All my pictures are pre-digital or I'd post some I took flying out. There is no flat at all there.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I did part of my undergrad in the Frank Church River-of-no-return Wilderness. Yes, we drove the other way down the night that guy drove up, otherwise we would have seen him.



Just as well.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Just as well.



Yeah, it was hard, we'd gotten two alerts up here, and then I drove down and that was the first Boise had gotten the alert and he'd already made it to the wilderness, but the stupid thing woke me up after only being in bed a couple hours. I pretty much have been exactly where he was. Some of the most amazing country! It was an Vista move though. You can't stay in there for long, especially not with a teenage girl.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Yeah, it was hard, we'd gotten two alerts up here, and then I drove down and that was the first Boise had gotten the alert and he'd already made it to the wilderness, but the stupid thing woke me up after only being in bed a couple hours. I pretty much have been exactly where he was. Some of the most amazing country! It was an Vista move though. You can't stay in there for long, especially not with a teenage girl.



I don't think the girl would have made it out.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I will be in Philadelphia in a little over a week and Manchester NH a couple weeks later. If anyone is close enough to come say hi, send me a PM!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! The tree cutters were here at 7am. Trees are already coming down. I'm going to make blueberry muffins for them. Nice guys, cleaning up as they go. So far the yard is dry enough that the trucks haven't made a big mess. Going to get out the muffin pans. Come on over if you want a muffin!

Jaws hope you don't get too much more rain. Thinking of you.

KtC come farther south, a whole lot farther!

jawsuser


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! The tree cutters were here at 7am. Trees are already coming down. I'm going to make blueberry muffins for them. Nice guys, cleaning up as they go. So far the yard is dry enough that the trucks haven't made a big mess. Going to get out the muffin pans. Come on over if you want a muffin!

Jaws hope you don't get too much more rain. Thinking of you.

KtC come farther south, a whole lot farther!


Well we're at three inches and its raining large cats and dogs still. If it keeps this up I may need a canoe to get to chirch tomorrow, or a large four wheel drive truck!

Muffins sound wonderful. Wish I had a driver or better yet a pilot I'd come up and say hi.

Some sad news. Dad's hospice volunteer has cancer so she won't be coming out any more.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:I checked. It seems that the ironing board came with a instruction sheet and a survey. plus information on parts, like the cover.

Why would you keep that?
If you did, why keep a separate folder for every paper.
No wonder the damn cabinet is so heavy!

See? You are basically duplicates of my parents.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
dontwantaname wrote:Son is gone.

Hope it sticks.

That isn't very nice.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:Can't believe we closed the windows because of cold in August.

I wish it was cold enough here we could open the windows...

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
Mavyn wrote:Not sure if it's because of my "hot" night or what, but the office is STEAMY today.

Can't you get fired for that?

Still single, can't imagine why.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:See? You are basically duplicates of my parents.



That is good, since Poof liked your mom.

You are just a different version of my kids, that is why I can yell at you.

How was vacation? Are you home yet?
When does school start again?


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:

You are just a different version of my kids, that is why I can yell at you.



you yell at all the guys on woot the same way. since i am 102, that puts you at roughly 120 years old. or more.