WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Xtreme Green Apple Xplosion

It's probably too late to save your iPhone, iPad, or iPod from getting pinched this St. Patrick's Day. But with these luminously verdant Apple accessories, there's no reason St. Patrick's Day 2014 should find you both crying in your green beer. (Yes, Apple devices do cry, but usually only when they've been drinking.)

MBorzill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MBorzill

Could someone with superior nerd credentials explain the relevance of mAh ratings for devices like these? Had always thought it had to do with battery capacity so I'm a bit confused seeing it on the chargers.

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes
MBorzill wrote:Could someone with superior nerd credentials explain the relevance of mAh ratings for devices like these? Had always thought it had to do with battery capacity so I'm a bit confused seeing it on the chargers.

99.9% sure it's just a wrong description, should be mA. Check your units, woot!

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

theLagomorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLagomorph
MBorzill wrote:Could someone with superior nerd credentials explain the relevance of mAh ratings for devices like these? Had always thought it had to do with battery capacity so I'm a bit confused seeing it on the chargers.

I presume that they are just trying to tell you what capacity batteries these chargers are supposed to be used with.

Amp-hours are a battery capacity rating. A 7Ah battery can theoretically output 7A in one hour (not considering other limitations and inefficiencies), or 1A for 7 hours, or 0.5A for 14 hours, etc. Batteries should also provide a maximum charging current rating.

These chargers should have an input to output voltage rating and an output current rating. I assume that the higher mAh rating they give, the higher the charging current they provide.

theLagomorph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLagomorph

Or, you know, they're trying to simplify their rating and state that they can recharge a battery up specific mAh. So if your phone battery is 2Ah (they're usually described in Watt-hours, but you can divide the Wh rating by the battery voltage to get the Ah), a 1000mAh charger would recharge it from empty to full in 2 hours.

boatshoes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages boatshoes
theLagomorph wrote:Or, you know, they're trying to simplify their rating and state that they can recharge a battery up specific mAh. So if your phone battery is 2Ah (they're usually described in Watt-hours, but you can divide the Wh rating by the battery voltage to get the Ah), a 1000mAh charger would recharge it from empty to full in 2 hours.

Chargers cannot provide mAh, and to have them labeled as such is just wrong.

Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years

afwalton

quality posts: 8 Private Messages afwalton
boatshoes wrote:99.9% sure it's just a wrong description, should be mA. Check your units, woot!

What he said. 1000 mA (or "une ampére," as the French say) is iPhone current; the iPad (at least before the Mini) came with 2A chargers. a 1A charger will charge an iPad, but you're going to want to leave it overnight or longer.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: mAh

Here it is as Xtreme Cables. It has a photo that you can zoom in that shows 1000mAh.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

angelshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelshawn

Do these chargers charge Apple Products

Woody1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Woody1

Maybe with Apple losing so much GREEN lately, manufactures are seeing the light by making accessories that are ANDROID GREEN?

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square

vicemagnet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vicemagnet

Why is it the one thing I really wanted out of this group is the one thing that is already sold out?

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

Does the term "Green Apple Xplosion" remind anyone else of the term "green apple splatters" from the first season of South Park?

mbingham14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbingham14

Ordered some Xtreme gear two things says shipped but not getting any shipping info. I have order other woot stuff after and have already received. Any one receive theirs yet?

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u

Great case for the mini!