0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

Well, here's the Product Website with specs and reviews and stuff.

And here's some Amazon Reviews.

lichme

quality posts: 2942 Private Messages lichme

Here it was in a previous sale in a different color.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

6 minutes of use at full power? I'll pass on this sucker.

that was fun while it lasted!

gominosensei

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gominosensei

I've got one of these. It's powerful and sturdy. Battery life is okay; if you keep it in the charger when you're not using it, it should be fine if you aren't trying to clean entire rooms with it.

Be sure to hold it down in the trash can when emptying it. Consider taking it outside, even. Otherwise you get quite a dust cloud.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Tons of good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com

sithanas

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sithanas

I actually picked one up for the office (an Amazon refurb) a couple of weeks ago and it's done very well. It does have a short battery life (10 to 15 minutes max on normal power, 8 to 10 on high) but has done well on the short-pile office carpet and also for cleaning up debris left over from drilling on various surfaces. Quite the dust cloud when you empty it, so get it actually into a trash bag if you can.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3537 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lots of Brits love this machine (4.4 out of 5.0) over at Amazon.co.uk

nitramthims

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitramthims
conanthelibrarian wrote:Lots of Brits love this machine (4.4 out of 5.0) over at Amazon.co.uk

...and rightfully so.
put the kettle on, power sweep, pour the tea, empty the bin (carefully) and enjoy.

Quiet, works in a power outage, and gives the "animal" a break.

Have three: one for Mum, one for the office and one for the tea room.

pillin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pillin

My roommate bought one of these. It works rather well; I'm always impressed with how much dust the thing actually picks up.

We live in a condo, so there isn't endless amounts of space to vacuum and it works out ok. The battery life has never been a real problem.

I'd skip on this as a "main" vacuum, but if you have a small place or want a really good hand-held, it's definitely not a bad choice.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

My comment from the last woot:

whatsamattaU wrote:time for one:
price fluctuating between $169.99 and tonight's $179.99 recently. Too many sales to list, lichme showed one. The other non-woot-off sales with lots of comments include September, August, and July at $199.99: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5148557
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5121693
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5073299

Support page:
http://content.dyson.com/support/help.asp?article=32
manual:
http://media.dyson.com/downloads/us/floorcare/manuals/DC35_OPMAN_US_23-08-12.pdf

good night

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Videos I believe all of this model
Vacuum Wizard

HSN

with a British accent, I believe

Longer HSN

Unboxing

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

can this work on 220 volts? and can you used it while plugged in?

faeriespun1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faeriespun1

I got one of these from Woot some months back.

It worked very nicely.

Once.

It hasn't worked since.

I am very disappointed, because I am handicapped, and it is light enough that I could handle it. Obviously, however, it has been a big disappointment.

moolashockr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moolashockr
rom wrote:can this work on 220 volts? and can you used it while plugged in?

Yeah, it's dual voltage. I had the same concern so I went in to a store to check it out before.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

faeriespun1 wrote:I got one of these from Woot some months back.

It worked very nicely.

Once.

It hasn't worked since.

I am very disappointed, because I am handicapped, and it is light enough that I could handle it. Obviously, however, it has been a big disappointment.

It would have had a 6mo Dyson warranty. Did you contact Dyson. They've been very good with warranty issues from what I've heard from other Wooters.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mcibmw533

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcibmw533

How does this do with longer pet hair? I have a long hair German Shepherd that sheds like crazy and was wondering if this would do OK for quick hair cleanup between normal cleanings or if the beater-bar on the floor attachment just clogs up?

Thanks

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

Bought one of these from Woot a few weeks back. I got my money's worth just by finally capturing huge Tennessee cockroaches (4 inches including antennae). I'd see 'em scuttle under some couch so I'd stick the crevice tool under that and pull the trigger. The bugger sensed it was time to sprint across the room but, with the handheld closing in behind it, the otherwise quick insect moved slower and slower as I was better able to aim and thus it slowed further and then *thwipt* it got sucked in-- and spun around inside the canister like a carnival ride. I still have a live one in my Dyson, (capped the crevice tool to prevent escape). I'll empty the canister when it's as dead as the other big roach in it. Oh, and I discovered that couch had serious dust under it too.

KAZANOW

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KAZANOW

We bought one of these a while ago. We replaced almost every part through Dyson, and still couldn't get it to work. We wrote it off and gave it to Goodwill. It is someone else's problem now.

yessirusername

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yessirusername
faeriespun1 wrote:I got one of these from Woot some months back.

It worked very nicely.

Once.

It hasn't worked since.

Twi steps-
One; clean the copper tabs on the battery with rubbing alcohol. if the vac doesn't work at all, there may be one of two issues with it (switch behind the filter isn't properly engaging, or the circuit in the battery was damaged by a power surge) either way, it'll be covered under the 6-month refurb warranty.
Two; call the 800 number on the vacuum. they carry very powerful warranties, and the people on the other end of that line are more than happy to help you.
at the worst, call the 'service center' number on the dyson website, and mention you'd like to talk to the handheld repair person. that'd be me.

[MOD: We've been unable to verify that this is a Dyson rep. We have been told that doing some of these procedures could void your warranty. Please contact Dyson for support.]

yessirusername

that's a shame. I just helped rewrite the repair guide for these. most likely it was either gunk on the battery contacts or an issue with proper testing of the mainbody.

KAZANOW wrote:We bought one of these a while ago. We replaced almost every part through Dyson, and still couldn't get it to work. We wrote it off and gave it to Goodwill. It is someone else's problem now.

moolashockr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moolashockr

Is the DC35 and DC44 motor the same? It seems like the only difference between the two is the slight difference in battery technology.

ceagee

quality posts: 65 Private Messages ceagee
yessirusername wrote:; call the 800 number on the vacuum. they carry very powerful warranties, and the people on the other end of that line are more than happy to help you.
at the worst, call the 'service center' number on the dyson website, and mention you'd like to talk to the handheld repair person. that'd be me.

Wow.
Welcome .
After all these years of all these vacs on Woot, Dyson person shows up.
Come by more often. There are Dyson vacs here all the time.

Personally this vac isn't for me.
I get into projects and too short of battery action for me. I need a cord. Make one. I'll buy it !

Cord or no cord -- glad to see you !

darex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darex
bpr2 wrote:6 minutes of use at full power? I'll pass on this sucker.

One hardly ever uses the Turbo mode ("full-power"), and if you do, it's only momentarily, for a specific "pile", then back to normal-mode.

I have yet to fail to complete a job due to a dead battery, and I've had it nearly 2 years!

This thing is super-convenient. I highly recommend it.

darex

mcibmw533 wrote:How does this do with longer pet hair? I have a long hair German Shepherd that sheds like crazy and was wondering if this would do OK for quick hair cleanup between normal cleanings or if the beater-bar on the floor attachment just clogs up?

Thanks

I have a golden retriever. Yes! I use the straight attachment for sucking-up hair tumbleweeds on hardwood. In fact, that's my main use for this thing. It's great for that.

darex

mcibmw533 wrote:How does this do with longer pet hair? I have a long hair German Shepherd that sheds like crazy and was wondering if this would do OK for quick hair cleanup between normal cleanings or if the beater-bar on the floor attachment just clogs up?

Thanks

Beater bar does collect hair, but slides out for cleaning. On carpet, there's no choice, same as any vac.

jbklmb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jbklmb

Have one of these and find it very useful for quick jobs. Since the dog died, crumbs on the kitchen floor have been reproducing at an alarming rate. We keep this in the broom closet near the kitchen, and use it to combat this overpopulation. Also great for bugs (esp. stinkbugs) that use the crown moulding as their personal walking track. Given the short battery life, it shouldn't be thought of as a home's primary vacuum, but it's much easier for the quick jobs than hauling out the big one.

mcreed51

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcreed51
moolashockr wrote:Is the DC35 and DC44 motor the same? It seems like the only difference between the two is the slight difference in battery technology.

I wish the Dyson Pro would answer: What is the difference between the DC 35 and DC 44?

Locknar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Locknar

I bought one of these when Woot offered it in Nov (2012); the best, and last, hand vac you'll own.

Great suction power, which lasts up to the last moment before the battery dies (about 10min battery life).

Schitty

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Schitty

Thanks

I have a Golden and a Lab in the house, as well as a ton of dust and dirt from a whole house remodel going on and I use this every day, sometimes twice. I typically use my Dyson Animal on the carpets, but for tile and hardwoods, this thing is awesome! It gets under cabinets, stools, tables with the longer attachment and and use the short brush attachment to get all the dirt and dust that settles on everything else. Seriously thinking of getting this one for my mom for Mother's Day.

mchoffa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mchoffa
bpr2 wrote:6 minutes of use at full power? I'll pass on this sucker.

It's great while it's working, but yes, six minutes of use and it's done for a few hours. That's fine if you only use it to pick up a couple things, but for anything my wife likes to clean with it, it wasn't enough time.

I say "wasn't" because now that it's a few years old, the battery lasts less than two minutes on a charge. It's pretty useless, but hard to justify a new battery to go from 2 to six minutes.

I'd prefer if the power tool manufacturers teamed up with Dyson to let you use their 18V batteries on this thing.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

Thanks

Picks up the hair from my Golden Retriever fine. The Vacuum is great and battery life is fine as long as you remember to charge it after every use. I bought a refurb for my mother last Woot and even though the vacuum worked perfectly is was a little more beat up than I was use to.......I buy refurbs all the time.

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
mcreed51 wrote:I wish the Dyson Pro would answer: What is the difference between the DC 35 and DC 44?

me three

in the meantime, this may help...
http://www.infobarrel.com/Should_I_Buy_a_DC35_Animal_or_DC44_Animal

joshuuuaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuuuaa
mcreed51 wrote:I wish the Dyson Pro would answer: What is the difference between the DC 35 and DC 44?

Google is your friend
http://www.infobarrel.com/Differences_Between_Dyson_DC35_and_DC44

edit:little late on the draw

yessirusername

it's both battery technology and the way the powered tools connect to the wand and body. the 44 has a specific pet motorhead that isn't compatible with the 35, and even though the normal cleanerheads look the same, they aren't compatible with each other.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

Can I dock an IPHONE to it? If so which connector does it have? Is it AirPlay compatible? At this price it should come with an app that tells you what your sucking up, if it's a biological - should be able to run a DNA profile.

ktrenholm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ktrenholm

I picked up one of these a few months back as part of a Woot+ deal.

It's a very nice handheld perfectly suited for those situations where you don't want to be bothered to lug the upright around.

Think of it as a dustbuster on steroids.

schilma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schilma
yessirusername wrote:it's both battery technology and the way the powered tools connect to the wand and body. the 44 has a specific pet motorhead that isn't compatible with the 35, and even though the normal cleanerheads look the same, they aren't compatible with each other.

I bought this guy in purple/blue about a year and a half ago. I'm happy with it, I've got a tiny (600sqft) manhattan apartment, and I can clean the whole thing on a charge.
Dyson guy, three questions: First, are you saying that suction is pretty comparable between this and the DC44? (which is different from what the google review everyone is linking to says EDIT: but Dyson lists the same suction power between the two, now I'm confused) Second, is the DC44 battery interchangable with the DC35? (if it is, hello extra battery life ;-) ) Third, is there somewhere I can get that updated repair manual you just wrote? Mine's out of warranty, but I'm pretty handy.

honestjoe68

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honestjoe68

Woot and Dyson refurbished vacuums. Yes a lot of joking is posted when "yet another" Dyson is offered on Woot, but as the owner of a Woot/Dyson factory refurbished vacuum I'm telling you it's one of the best purchases you can make on Woot and I'll tell you why.

I own a DC41 Animal upright, purchased this Monday from Woot. The refurbished unit arrived Wednesday and it looked and smelled Brand NEW. I have had no issues and customer service at Dyson are second to none!

Also, relating to today's Woot, I own a Dyson DC44 Animal, the slightly improved model over todays DC35 and this vacuum is amazing! I tried the DC35 at my Sears store and only went with the 44 because of personal choices. All together this DC35 is a great, high powered, well made, durable vacuum. Just remember it will NOT replace a full sized upright, nor will it clean your entire house in one charge. So if it fits your need for a handheld, please buy it. I use mine every day and it's performance still amazes me!

Thanks and good luck. If anybody has questions about either of my Dysons, etc. just let me know and I'll reply with answers.

Link to Dyson website Comparison of the DC44 vs the DC35

Visit Dyson

iamthe1toknow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthe1toknow

Was powerful but, my battery only lasted 1 year and now it's a big paper weight.