sforslev

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sforslev

I bought one last year, blue not red and it's very good. The Dyson hand helds are probably the best on the market. It's perfect for random kitchen crumbs and mine has the carpet attachment. It's very good on carpet for a small vacuum.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

yessirusername wrote:Twi steps-
One; clean the copper tabs on the battery with rubbing alcohol. if the vac doesn't work at all, there may be one of two issues with it (switch behind the filter isn't properly engaging, or the circuit in the battery was damaged by a power surge) either way, it'll be covered under the 6-month refurb warranty.
Two; call the 800 number on the vacuum. they carry very powerful warranties, and the people on the other end of that line are more than happy to help you.
at the worst, call the 'service center' number on the dyson website, and mention you'd like to talk to the handheld repair person. that'd be me.

Hi there. Glad to have a rep on board. Could you introduce yourself, please?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rushe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rushe

We bought one on a previous Woot and its works great. Will never go back to one of the "Dust Buster" types, though you have to keep in mind it is larger.

Floor attachment w/ revolving brush is a big plus for quick pick-ups off the carpet.

Also, have seen some posts about not working/dead battery. Make sure you don't have a clog in input tube. Thought ours had failed and did some quick Googling, cleaned the tube out, and back to work.

fixitnate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fixitnate

Maybe I'm not "clean-freak" enough, but $180 for a not-even-new, hand-held, only-lasts-8-minutes-per-charge vacuum seems like... how does Macklemore put it... just some ignorant b***h s**t.

Guess I'm not privvy to the Dyson special juice. The things I could do with an extra $180 that don't include a small cleaning device or noisy bladeless fan...

Why yes, I did pay $400 for my radar detector, thanks for asking. Priorities, you know.

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u

SOOOOOOO EXCITED that it's RED!!!!! gonna buy 3!!!!!!

It's the most wonderful time of the year...
Our tax money's coming so be of good cheeeeeeerrrrr.
It's the happ-happiest season of all.

artorios

quality posts: 3 Private Messages artorios

I love mine and use it primarily for cleaning up kicked kitty litter, but it does a great job on the carpet too. Depending on the surface you're vacuuming it may build up a static charge and shock you--be warned. Also, the cord connection for the permanent wall-mount didn't seat fully and it wasn't getting recharged; Dyson tech support was very helpful diagnosing the problem. I fixed it by anchoring the cord with a few pieces of scotch tape.

rpstrong

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rpstrong
fixitnate wrote:Why yes, I did pay $400 for my radar detector, thanks for asking. Priorities, you know.

Would that be a V-1?

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

I have been waiting for this to come up again. Not sure what the difference is between red and the blue one we got last time, but then we also have a purple (animal) and a white of the compact handhelds. We have one in our vacation home, and were so impressed bought one today for our motorhome. Small, powerful and just downright handy. I want one for our house too, but I'm sure my husband would have a fit if I buy 2 vacuums at once. I wouldn't have this as my only vacuum except in the motorhome where space is limited.

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

enos233

quality posts: 1 Private Messages enos233

That thing has more nooks and crannies (to attract dust) than anything I've seen.

TexasTs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TexasTs

This thing really SUCKS! No, I mean it!

In a good way.

Got a yellow refurb from woot last year. I love the thing. Use it for quick pickups and such. Works out really well as a secondary vacuum. Battery life isn't an issue here.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

One; clean the copper tabs on the battery with rubbing alcohol. if the vac doesn't work at all, there may be one of two issues with it (switch behind the filter isn't properly engaging, or the circuit in the battery was damaged by a power surge) either way, it'll be covered under the 6-month refurb warranty.
Two; call the 800 number on the vacuum. they carry very powerful warranties, and the people on the other end of that line are more than happy to help you.
at the worst, call the 'service center' number on the dyson website, and mention you'd like to talk to the handheld repair person. that'd be me.

Dear Wooters,

We wanted to let you know that we have checked with our vendor who is checking with others and we can't verify that this is an official Dyson rep.

We've also been told that some of these suggestions could void your warranty so always check your warranty before performing self maintenance.

Thank you.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090

Yes- I truly do suck

littlebrother2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages littlebrother2

in for one!this will be the third dyson vacuum we've owned,first one i got at a yard sale for 5.00(needed the beater clutch-40.00-)wife loved it!now shes got a BC-4(ball)we got refurbed on WOOT and we've been looking for this rechargeable so now we've got one of them..also got two of the bladeless air accelerators(fans)..dyson really does make some fine products..

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
mchoffa wrote:It's great while it's working, but yes, six minutes of use and it's done for a few hours.

Jokes about husbands,anyone?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

bern47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bern47

Received one as a X-mas gift this year - red model (this actually was produced for QVC). This vacuum works great - excellent for carpeted stairs, kitchen clean up and a quick pass through areas between regular vacuuming. We have 2 cats and it does great at picking up pet hair.

moolashockr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moolashockr
essay2u wrote:me three

in the meantime, this may help...
http://www.infobarrel.com/Should_I_Buy_a_DC35_Animal_or_DC44_Animal

I read that review before I bought my DC44 at Costco last week. I'm thinking of returning it for this DC35 if I can buy a DC44 battery for the DC35 (to make have more power/battery life).

It seems like the reason Dyson doesn't want to give out too much information on the motor difference is so we all have to spend an additional $200 to upgrade to the DC44. I don't want to feel like a sucker!

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
radi0j0hn wrote:Jokes about husbands,anyone?

+1 from me

justdenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justdenny

[MOD: We've been unable to verify that this is a Dyson rep. We have been told that doing some of these procedures could void your warranty. Please contact Dyson for support.]

How could cleaning the battery contacts void a warranty? That's an absurd statement

Jimbo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jimbo6

I heard from Dusty that these Vacs suck!

JTS

demon00689

quality posts: 10 Private Messages demon00689

Bought one of these several months ago (except in purple). It has worked great so far. I use it for corners/hard to reach places and for before & after any stain-spray I use on the carpet. I have a roomba to do a whole room at a time, and this is a great complement for small- to medium-sized jobs. Also, the mounting plate is a nice way of storing it.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

If there are only two speed settings, why is the lowest setting "high"?

essay2u

moolashockr wrote:I read that review before I bought my DC44 at Costco last week. I'm thinking of returning it for this DC35 if I can buy a DC44 battery for the DC35 (to make have more power/battery life).

It seems like the reason Dyson doesn't want to give out too much information on the motor difference is so we all have to spend an additional $200 to upgrade to the DC44. I don't want to feel like a sucker!

Not sure you can switch out a LI-ion battery for a cobalt one. Not without fireworks. Seems like risky business, but if you can make it work - by all means let us know

essay2u

moolashockr wrote:I read that review before I bought my DC44 at Costco last week. I'm thinking of returning it for this DC35 if I can buy a DC44 battery for the DC35 (to make have more power/battery life).

I stand corrected. I found this, written by a Dyson rep, in another forum. "The DC44 features a fade-free nickel cobalt manganese battery for high constant suction. Technically speaking, this type of battery is still considered to be Lithium Ion despite the difference in the name."

You may be on to something...
but I may be too scared to try.

http://answers.walmart.com/answers/1336/product/21282210/questions.htm?expandquestion=866130

vegassmitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vegassmitty

Purchased one of these last month from WOOT, came without a charger, but they gave me a $10 credit. Found a generic charger online for $10+shipping so not too bad, but definitely not great.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 17 Private Messages daveinwarshington

This woot really sucks.

moolashockr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moolashockr
daveinwarshington wrote:This woot really sucks.

Maybe that's why it it hasn't sold out yet.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
moolashockr wrote:Maybe that's why it it hasn't sold out yet.

By 45 minutes ago, it had.

that was fun while it lasted!

kenny3552

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenny3552

22 minutes until WOOTOFF. Just my prediction.

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister
kenny3552 wrote:22 minutes until WOOTOFF. Just my prediction.

WOW. How'd you know?!

dfallik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dfallik

help! I bought this in March and used it maybe six times before it died.
The light goes on but the motor doesn't run at all. And yes, I charged it.
Is there any kind of return policy?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dfallik wrote:help! I bought this in March and used it maybe six times before it died.
The light goes on but the motor doesn't run at all. And yes, I charged it.
Is there any kind of return policy?

Sorry for the late reply.
If you're having issues with your purchase you can try to contact Dyson Support

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com