WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

RCA TVs

If we're talking about watching reruns of Judge Judy on a 19-incher in the kitchen while you prepare Tuna Mac, there's no shame in it. But so help me, if I find you watching daytime television in SD on a 46" 1080p HDTV, we're gonna have words that are not suitable for some audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.
RCA official site

Hockalo0gie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hockalo0gie

32LB45RQ <-- WalMart and Amazon show 4 HDMI ports and VGA input. You show 2 HDMI and no VGA. What's the deal? Are your specs wrong for this TV?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-32-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-32LB45RQ/20628112

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-32LB45RQ-32-Inch-Full-1080p/dp/B00856XDPK

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hockalo0gie wrote:32LB45RQ <-- WalMart and Amazon show 4 HDMI ports and VGA input. You show 2 HDMI and no VGA. What's the deal? Are your specs wrong for this TV?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-32-Class-LCD-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-32LB45RQ/20628112

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-32LB45RQ-32-Inch-Full-1080p/dp/B00856XDPK

RCA has made 2 mid-production changes to this model. We have confirmed with our vendor that our specs are correct.

It appears Walmart & Amazon have not updated their specs.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mburger2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mburger2

I bought the: RCA R26LB30RQD 26" 720p LCD HDTV with Built-in DVD Player the last time it was up (not that long ago). It works just fine but you have to be facing it at the same height or the top gets blurry. It only pivots side to side, not top to bottom (which would alleviate this problem). All in all I'm happy. It was cheaper than a brand new one and it has a 1 year warranty.

tetouin01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tetouin01

for the 46" $349.00 model...has anyone any experience with this one?
how good is the refurb guarentee on these??

also, does it have an audio optical cable input? I have a surround sound system

thanks!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

I'd like to know why manufacturers continue to build TVs with DVD players...

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino

Had an RCA TV, wont have another one.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
Tarantino wrote:Had an RCA TV, wont have another one.

THANKS!!

Had a Samsung TV/monitor, would KILL for another one. (Not really, but the Samsung was GREAT!)

steve

Tarantino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tarantino
skou wrote:THANKS!!

Had a Samsung TV/monitor, would KILL for another one. (Not really, but the Samsung was GREAT!)

steve

It died RIGHT before the warranty died, then died again about a year later. Uncle.

trehahn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trehahn

We bought my Dad an RCA 46" TV just before the super bowl last year, for his birthday. By April 1/2 of the screen had gone out. I contacted RCA service, which is A&E, the company Sears uses. They came out, said the board was bad, but RCA doesn't issue boards, within 2 days they'll call to make arrangements to swap our TV out. A month and a half later, no reply. Calling RCA customer service, you got a recording saying the mailbox was full, call back later. You couldn't get anyone, day or night.

I finally got my TV replaced. It took about 6 months, 2 Better Business Bureau complaints and a complaint to the Attorney General of Michigan to get it. Even after people contacted me, they didn't follow through, and ignored e-mails after. Since On Corp USA bought RCA, it's no longer a customer service oriented business. While we love the new TV, I would never go through buying another product from RCA, you simply can't get it fixed without jumping through hoops. Buyer beware.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

I'm not sure if this will help or not but I've had a 32in RCA LCD tv for 2 and a half years now and it still works great. I know some have had bad experiences but I haven't. Granted, I bought this brand new from Sears.

CitigirlDC

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CitigirlDC

Looks like it is actually cheaper to buy the Soundbar from Best Buy. =/ $52 and free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/RCA---Home-Theater-Refurbished-Soundbar/7814088.p?id=1218860882228&skuId=7814088

replica48

quality posts: 0 Private Messages replica48

Unless something has changed in their product quality the past several years, I stay away from anything RCA. I've owned compact stereos, remotes, and a couple TVs, all of which didn't last more than 2 years. I also worked at a major electronics store that got hit with a power surge once. Out of the dozens of TVs on display there using the same power equipment, guess which one never came back on...

downdeep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages downdeep
trehahn wrote:We bought my Dad an RCA 46" TV just before the super bowl last year, for his birthday. By April 1/2 of the screen had gone out. I contacted RCA service, which is A&E, the company Sears uses. They came out, said the board was bad, but RCA doesn't issue boards, within 2 days they'll call to make arrangements to swap our TV out. A month and a half later, no reply. Calling RCA customer service, you got a recording saying the mailbox was full, call back later. You couldn't get anyone, day or night.

I finally got my TV replaced. It took about 6 months, 2 Better Business Bureau complaints and a complaint to the Attorney General of Michigan to get it. Even after people contacted me, they didn't follow through, and ignored e-mails after. Since On Corp USA bought RCA, it's no longer a customer service oriented business. While we love the new TV, I would never go through buying another product from RCA, you simply can't get it fixed without jumping through hoops. Buyer beware.

I bought one from sears, 11 months into my 12 month warranty the pixels started going out. Called sears, they sent out a guy who said the panel was bad and they'd contact me about a replacement. Haven't heard back from them and it's been 4 weeks.

Richrules187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Richrules187
bookofjoshua wrote:I'd like to know why manufacturers continue to build TVs with DVD players...

Because many people have a ton of DVDs they'd like to play on the tv they buy.

Richrules187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Richrules187
downdeep wrote:I bought one from sears, 11 months into my 12 month warranty the pixels started going out. Called sears, they sent out a guy who said the panel was bad and they'd contact me about a replacement. Haven't heard back from them and it's been 4 weeks.

Well, refurbished = much less likelihood of an untimely death than a new item.

None of my refurbished electronics has died yet, but many of my store-bought *new* stuff is dead.

zorrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zorrex
Richrules187 wrote:Well, refurbished = much less likelihood of an untimely death than a new item.

None of my refurbished electronics has died yet, but many of my store-bought *new* stuff is dead.

I'm nearly positive refurbished items are tested and verified they are in working order before they are sold/shipped. I personally have a number of refurb items and they all work great. Two AOC monitors and two Vizio 42" TVs are working great.

fredyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredyk

The refurbished warranty is a bummer, like my refurb computer hard drive died shortly after the 90 day warranty and it was up to me to replace it.

korsml1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korsml1

oh wish you had more of this great deal!

rkenley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkenley

I thought that dog would have died a long time ago. I remember him looking in a speaker horn in 1955.

Datsun350Z

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Datsun350Z

I ordered mine late night on the 21st. Order status is still awaiting shipment. Anyone know how long to expect to wait?

ThunderThighs

Staff

Datsun350Z wrote:I ordered mine late night on the 21st. Order status is still awaiting shipment. Anyone know how long to expect to wait?

While often faster, we ask that you allow 5 business days for order processing and shipping out. This is the 2nd business day.

Hang tight. I know you're impatient.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Datsun350Z

ThunderThighs wrote:

Hang tight. I know you're impatient.

This is true, I am impatient, and possibly spoiled by how quick you usually ship things out.

Not a complaint though, giving my current 32" to a friend with a broken tv, so just trying to get an idea when it's safe to tell them to pick it up, so i'm not down a TV.

mwetmore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwetmore

Ordered on the 19th. When is this going to ship?

matthew Wetmore

ThunderThighs

Staff

mwetmore wrote:Ordered on the 19th. When is this going to ship?

CS should be able to help you. Email support@woot.com. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Datsun350Z

Got mine today. No VGA input, which is my fault for thinking "A variety of inputs delivers easy connection to your PC and other devices" meant it would have a VGA input. Other than that, great looking TV, Thanks Woot!