WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Gaming Accessories

Fashion and video games are basically the same thing. We all agree on that, right? In fashion, you need accessories like watches and necklaces. In video games, you need accessories like keyboards and controllers. See, basically the same thing. It's a completely logical analogy. Now let's snap up some accessories!

Quality Posts

• (4:43 PM, 3/21/2013) anelderlywoman makes sure to include a TL;DR

stigma327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stigma327
RCA to 3.5mm cable required for PC use (not included)

Is there any reason why I can't use Toslink out from my PC?

irradiated

quality posts: 5 Private Messages irradiated

Anyone using the Hydra with a Mac for Steam games? Google searches are unsatisfying...

pluggwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pluggwolf
irradiated wrote:Anyone using the Hydra with a Mac for Steam games? Google searches are unsatisfying...

Razer does not list support for the Hydra on Macintosh Operating Systems. They do not offer drivers or have any support pages for it. If someone does have it working it's likely with special drivers or possibly a Windows Environment emulator.

mdemop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdemop

I was planning on getting many of these items to use with the new Razer Edge (on my home dock setup and this event was timed prefect and saved me some $$. Also love the fact can get the Tron items. 5 orders and $5.00 flat shipping, sweet!

nmchapma

quality posts: 20 Private Messages nmchapma

I've commented before on the Naga Epic Gaming Mouse but I'll do it once more.

I love it. Got it from Woot! as a refurb about 6 months ago. I couldn't even tell it was refurbished and have had no problems. I use it almost 8 hrs/day for drafting in Microstation. It was easy to setup and the battery lasts all day. When it does go dead you can plug it in and have a wired mouse whose cord is so light weight it still feels wireless. Best mouse ever.

psycher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psycher1

Buyer beware, I bought the BlackWidow Ultimate from a similar deal a couple weeks ago, and love the thing, BUT it took a while getting the thing to work after a manufacturer update actually bricked the thing.

There was a fix but it was one of the longest, complicated, nonsensical things I've ever done with technology. DON'T FIRMWARE UPDATE.

skylerdavid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skylerdavid

OS X Question --

Can you use the macro functionality of the Synapse 2 software on applications that are NOT games?

I'd love to try this out with music production apps: Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Sibelius, as well as design apps like Photoshop....

shimey013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimey013

I needed a new mousepad.. Never really cared for the tron mouse, the concept is cool but the actually operation of the trailing light, really sucks.

My Cellar

W: 2 W.W: 5 S.W: 1

vixro

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vixro

Deathadder for $20 won't last long. Great mouse.

Dreyzzyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dreyzzyn

so tempting to get the keyboard. Really need a new one but is 100 bucks for a mechanical worth it?

skylerdavid

Regarding the BlackWidow Keyboard --

Apparently theres a "Mac" version on their website, but I can't tell if the only difference is that they changed the logo on the "Windows" key to an "Apple" key...

Is this the only difference?

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-2013

wolley74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolley74
Dreyzzyn wrote:so tempting to get the keyboard. Really need a new one but is 100 bucks for a mechanical worth it?

blackwidow uses a bad switch for gaming, look into a Coolermaster Storm Trigger, has a far better key switch for gaming (MX Blue is for typists, MX Brown is for gaming)

skylerdavid

skylerdavid wrote:Regarding the BlackWidow Keyboard --

Apparently theres a "Mac" version on their website, but I can't tell if the only difference is that they changed the logo on the "Windows" key to an "Apple" key...

Is this the only difference?

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-2013

AH! Found my answer...which is a resounding "NO"

http://help.razersupport.com/us-en/resolution.asp?sid=173629130318076094069000&pid=400000921&pnm=Razer+BlackWidow&seid=400002508&pos=Macintosh&top=&rid=400003973

"Q: Can I use the Razer BlackWidow Mac drivers with the PC layout of the BlackWidow or BlackWidow Ultimate?
A: No, the Mac drivers for the Razer BlackWidow are designed to be used exclusively with the Mac layout of the BlackWidow. You will not be able to use the Mac driver with the PC layout of the BlackWidow or BlackWidow Ultimate."

Dreyzzyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dreyzzyn
wolley74 wrote:blackwidow uses a bad switch for gaming, look into a Coolermaster Storm Trigger, has a far better key switch for gaming (MX Blue is for typists, MX Brown is for gaming)

Thank you, going to look into that board. Really wish there was a blasted store around here that actually sold keyboards besides the office ergonomics

imbzppl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imbzppl

I really hope the old blue light versons here do not have to use synapse 2.0.

JPElectron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPElectron

Please keep in mind the kind of company you're supporting...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/why-the-hell-does-this-mouse-need-to-connect-to-the-internet/

SimCity anyone?

Bandrik

quality posts: 68 Private Messages Bandrik
wolley74 wrote:blackwidow uses a bad switch for gaming, look into a Coolermaster Storm Trigger, has a far better key switch for gaming (MX Blue is for typists, MX Brown is for gaming)

That's a very general statement. It really comes down to personal choice, and I certainly wouldn't say MX Blue switches used in the BlackWidows are bad for gaming. For those that don't know the difference in the MX switches, this guide shows all the different MX colors, how they're different, and what each excels at.

While indeed most find MX Browns to be a better choice for gaming, I actually prefer the more pronounced tactile feedback the Blues provide. This preference applies to both typing and gaming.

By the way, I am typing this on the BlackWidow Ultimate I got from Woot a month ago. Love it.

imbzppl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imbzppl
Bandrik wrote:That's a very general statement. It really comes down to personal choice, and I certainly wouldn't say MX Blue switches used in the BlackWidows are bad for gaming. For those that don't know the difference in the MX switches, this guide shows all the different MX colors, how they're different, and what each excels at.

While indeed most find MX Browns to be a better choice for gaming, I actually prefer the more pronounced tactile feedback the Blues provide. This preference applies to both typing and gaming.

By the way, I am typing this on the BlackWidow Ultimate I got from Woot a month ago. Love it.

Are you forced to use synapse 2.0?

jacobthestupendous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobthestupendous

I picked up the Nostromo a month ago as an office productivity tool. I got all the keys mapped to stuff I often have to break my concentration to find when working with large spreadsheets, and I really like it. With a bit of thoughtful attention to setup, it's very intuitive to use. Now it's the envy of all the other tax accountants I work with.

irockash

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

I wanted a Death adder! But since it's sold out, I'll have to settle for something else. What's next on the list? The Naga Hex doesn't have the best reviews, and the others have way too many buttons.

I'm still using the Salmosa I got from Woot for $13.37 :-)

sjain14214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjain14214

Chimaera for 85... even with square trade warranty it comes to 100 + shipping and tax.. worth it or not worth it??

fwsch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fwsch
vixro wrote:Deathadder for $20 won't last long. Great mouse.

Oooh dang this deal went on last midnight? dang, looks like cheapo Rosewills new from newegg for life

Azriel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azriel
skylerdavid wrote:OS X Question --

Can you use the macro functionality of the Synapse 2 software on applications that are NOT games?

You absolutely can. As with most software for "gaming" peripherals, it allows you to set up multiple profiles and switch between them as you would like.

You could set up a profile where all of your macros are specific for your music making applications, then just hit a hot key combination to switch to a profile that's set up for a game or for a web browser or whatever you want.

BibleGurl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BibleGurl

I just want to say that if you buy a Razer product and there is a problem with it, even if Razer shipped it knowing there was a problem with it, they will not accept any responsibility. This happened to me, unfortunately, and they said I should have read the reviews so I would have known that the Lycosa keyboard periodically breaks, so it was my fault for not doing my homework. Just thought I'd help anyone thinking about purchasing this.

numps

quality posts: 2 Private Messages numps

Is the Razer Carcharias headset the current model, or the original Razer Carcharias?

xixleonxix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xixleonxix
BibleGurl wrote:I just want to say that if you buy a Razer product and there is a problem with it, even if Razer shipped it knowing there was a problem with it, they will not accept any responsibility. This happened to me, unfortunately, and they said I should have read the reviews so I would have known that the Lycosa keyboard periodically breaks, so it was my fault for not doing my homework. Just thought I'd help anyone thinking about purchasing this.

Strange, whenever I have issues, they are exceedingly helpful for me. The only issue is they take 2-3 days to reply.

isuress

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isuress

I really wish they'd ship these to Canada ! Looks like I'm missing out on the microphone sale they had AND this, everything sucks D:

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
numps wrote:Is the Razer Carcharias headset the current model, or the original Razer Carcharias?

I'm wondering that, too! Either way, my teen daughter will have a cow when she sees the price the Carcharias is selling at as a refurb. She bought a new Carcharias last summer at Best Buy for $80 and loves it - but she would have loved it even more at $36 (especially since was using her own money from her summer job to pay for it!) ;(

Bandrik

quality posts: 68 Private Messages Bandrik
imbzppl wrote:Are you forced to use synapse 2.0?

If you want to just use it as a keyboard, then no. I actually haven't installed Synapse yet and I'm just enjoying the feel of it and the backlighting. I'll install Synapse when I'm ready to play with macros and other special features.

Also, some Razer peripherals just need the software to set up the macros, but then they're stored in the device itself. That makes the device remember macros, even if unhooked and used with another computer without the drivers installed. I'm not sure if the BlackWidow does that too, but if it did you could set it up then uninstall Synapse. Anyone else have a definitive answer on that?

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
JPElectron wrote:Please keep in mind the kind of company you're supporting...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/why-the-hell-does-this-mouse-need-to-connect-to-the-internet/

SimCity anyone?

A non-issue, since the functions of the mouse are now fully supported in off-line mode. That 4.5 month old article you link even notes that Razer was working to fix the offline mode due to customer response.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 318197

I feel bad for those that bought the Tron mouse.

The thing isn't comfortable and the side buttons take up a huge portion of where you grip the mouse which results in accidental button presses. May not be a problem if you disable these buttons, but it is awfully disruptive during gaming expessially if you're the type to pick up the mouse to move it back to the center of your mouse pad.

Also, there is a startup noise that the mouse makes when it receives power and it's a cool idea but sounds terrible.

But after all of that negativity, it's good to note that it's super sensitive so you might not have to worry about accidental button clicking.

Best of luck!

greaseNcheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greaseNcheese

I cannot impress upon everyone just how horribly horrible the horrible Synapse 2 driver software is.

Macros disappear into the ether, it asks for your administrative password at every startup, it freezes everytime you wake your computer up from sleep, memory leaks like crazy, and causes problems when it can't connect to the mothership. This is for the Mac version, though I've read plenty of complaints about the Windows version too.

Plus the keyboards are pretty low quality when compared to other mechanical switch keyboards. The keystems are, for some reason, shorter than normal so they wobble considerably more than the same switches on other boards. Bent backplates and keys that rub each other or the frame are common.

I like their mice, though.

drmdeals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drmdeals

Is the "Razer Onza Professional Gaming Controller for Xbox 360 - Tournament Edition" compatible with PC as well? Windows 8 Pro specifically, and steam of course...

If someone know the answer I will apreciate that

Thank you!

greaseNcheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greaseNcheese
Bandrik wrote:Also, some Razer peripherals just need the software to set up the macros, but then they're stored in the device itself. That makes the device remember macros, even if unhooked and used with another computer without the drivers installed. I'm not sure if the BlackWidow does that too, but if it did you could set it up then uninstall Synapse. Anyone else have a definitive answer on that?

The keyboards definitely do not work like that.

wagnerr52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagnerr52
stigma327 wrote:Is there any reason why I can't use Toslink out from my PC?

Probably because whatever you're referring to is a piece of analog hardware, and doesn't come with the powered DAC and amp necessary to handle TOSLINK.

[edit]It look like you're talking about the wireless 5.1 headphones. Nearly all TOSLINK gear is only rated for 2Mbps, meaning you're either recompressing to Dolby or DTS, introducing latency into the audio feed, or you're stuck with 2-channel LPCM. 2.0 inputs aren't of much value on a 5.1 headset...[/edit]

wagnerr52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wagnerr52

Is that actually a "BLT" button on that keyboard?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 138 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wagnerr52 wrote:Is that actually a "BLT" button on that keyboard?

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj
318197 wrote:I feel bad for those that bought the Tron mouse.

The thing isn't comfortable and the side buttons take up a huge portion of where you grip the mouse which results in accidental button presses. May not be a problem if you disable these buttons, but it is awfully disruptive during gaming expessially if you're the type to pick up the mouse to move it back to the center of your mouse pad.

Also, there is a startup noise that the mouse makes when it receives power and it's a cool idea but sounds terrible.

But after all of that negativity, it's good to note that it's super sensitive so you might not have to worry about accidental button clicking.

Best of luck!

Why? Mine is Great! I love it! Just got the mousepad, too. Really excellent mouse.

xshadoughx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xshadoughx
sjain14214 wrote:Chimaera for 85... even with square trade warranty it comes to 100 + shipping and tax.. worth it or not worth it??

I got this headset new and the mic stopped working after a year. I dont know about the quality of these refurbished products either.