Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

My first Woot was a DeathAdder. I have since bought many Razer products from Woot. Some of them are still in service.

I have the Barracuda sound card and headset still working in the 3rd new pc build. I am very careful with equipment and it should last longer at the premium prices Razer charges.

My last Razer purchase was 2 years ago from BB - a Naga that stopped working 28 days after purchase. I took it back and waited for the Logitech G700 which is amazing and actually works every day.

Nostromo is the only Razer product I will even think of buying now based on my experiences with customer service (terribad).

Logitech has my mouse business now and I'm looking for a new keyboard option, possibly the Corsairs / Coolermaster etc.

zorrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zorrex
318197 wrote:I feel bad for those that bought the Tron mouse.

The thing isn't comfortable and the side buttons take up a huge portion of where you grip the mouse which results in accidental button presses. May not be a problem if you disable these buttons, but it is awfully disruptive during gaming expessially if you're the type to pick up the mouse to move it back to the center of your mouse pad.

Also, there is a startup noise that the mouse makes when it receives power and it's a cool idea but sounds terrible.

But after all of that negativity, it's good to note that it's super sensitive so you might not have to worry about accidental button clicking.

Best of luck!

I purchased a Tron mouse a number of months ago. It has stopped working properly. Side-to-side motion is no longer detected. I'm not sure what the issue is. I used to be able to use it on my bare desk, then I had to move it to a lightly-colored mousepad, then it stopped altogether. Very disappointed. I have since purchased a Deathadder 3500dpi NEW, and it is fricking awesome. F*** the Tron mouse.

akerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akerasi

I rather enjoy my Razer Onza TE, but they are fragile. At the price here, I bought 3 backups since my first is getting dodgy. What I am saying is, I would easily pay $100 to be assured that for a long time I have a Razer Onza that actually works.

djpimpstick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djpimpstick

My opinion on the Carcharias Gaming Headset.

I picked this up off a previous woot.

They are extremely comfortable, the cups are large and exert no pressure on your ears. The sound is clear and precise. The open cups will let you hear what is going on around you, so you can still hear the phone ring or whatever other things may require you to put aside your addiction.

They really only have one fault. The microphone boom. I would consider my head to average sized and boom is just too short, or the mic isn't sensitive enough. The flexible part of boom won't allow you to get the mic really close to your mouth. Whatever it is, people will constantly be telling you they can't hear you and you'll be reaching up to press the boom closer, and it won't stay there so you have to speak in a louder than normal voice.

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle

So-so reviews on the Onza. The normal controller from Microsoft is $31 brand new versus the $30 here after shipping.

Since I've unlocked free shipping, I guess I'm in for one. I suppose I can craigslist it for near what I paid if I don't like it.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
JPElectron wrote:Please keep in mind the kind of company you're supporting...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/11/why-the-hell-does-this-mouse-need-to-connect-to-the-internet/

SimCity anyone?

Not sure what your point is. The mouse doesn't have to always be connected to work. Not even going to read the article all of the way through, but I've had a Naga for over a year and used it plenty offline on a laptop. Yes it needed to download drivers to get full functionality when I first connected it, but it isn't exactly your normal mouse, so one might expect that. Overall I like my Naga, but I like my Logitech G9 more for gaming as my thumb is too big to be effective with the Naga gaming.

djpimpstick wrote:My opinion on the Carcharias Gaming Headset.

I picked this up off a previous woot.

They are extremely comfortable, the cups are large and exert no pressure on your ears. The sound is clear and precise. The open cups will let you hear what is going on around you, so you can still hear the phone ring or whatever other things may require you to put aside your addiction.

They really only have one fault. The microphone boom. I would consider my head to average sized and boom is just too short, or the mic isn't sensitive enough. The flexible part of boom won't allow you to get the mic really close to your mouth. Whatever it is, people will constantly be telling you they can't hear you and you'll be reaching up to press the boom closer, and it won't stay there so you have to speak in a louder than normal voice.

I feel the same as your positives, but I don't have the issue with the boom. People can hear me just fine. I did bend the mic out a little from my face and went through the settings on my PC, Mumbl, and Vent to make sure it was working and I could be heard. Overall this is one of the most comfortable headsets I've ever owned.

I've heard good things about the Nostromo, but not sure how well I'd adapt to using it over a keyboard for gaming. At this price I may as well grab one and try it though. I've had good luck with Razer refurbs in the past.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

seikokk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seikokk

Bought the Anansi last time woot had this stuff up. I was worried the thumb keys were going to be out of reach, but they are actually very accessible.

I'm using the Anansi and Naga together for WoW, and so far it's been working great. The only problem I'm having now is that they default keybinds for the Macro and Thumb Keys on the Anansi cause the naga to do wrong key presses in Warcraft. For Instance the "Shift+Alt" key on the Anansi combined with one of the Thumb Keys on the Naga turns it into just a Shift Modifier. Nothing you cant fix by changing the Modifier keys to a new key.

Also, the Macro keys seem to just be keybinds of other keys on the keyboard, For instance I think M5 is actually "G" so I found them to be a bit less useful out of the box. Still nothing you can't fix with a bit of remapping, and still useful when you use the Keyboard software.

Overall it's a great keyboard for the price!

gls2100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gls2100

Just got my CHIMAERA 5.1.... right out of the 'box' - does not work. Now I consider myself rather tech savvy, but their tech support was horrible.... They wanted me to plug the optical cable in to the 'Optical Out' port on the charging station... woah... Talk about going against industry trends...

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle
gls2100 wrote:Just got my CHIMAERA 5.1.... right out of the 'box' - does not work. Now I consider myself rather tech savvy, but their tech support was horrible.... They wanted me to plug the optical cable in to the 'Optical Out' port on the charging station... woah... Talk about going against industry trends...

As a tech support monkey myself, we have to ask these questions because all too often we get people who haven't. Just give us an "Mhmm" and we won't bother you.

Just recently, I was diagnosing a problem with a lady's internet connection. I had her follow a network cable. Turns out it wasn't plugged in to anything. She still didn't understand why it wasn't working.

We ask seemingly silly questions because there ARE people out there that never think that the headphones should be plugged in to "Audio Out" rather than "Audio In".

I consider myself fairly tech savvy too, but I occasionally make a mistake that I go "Wow. Um, I guess I just haven't had my coffee yet. Thanks!"

anelderlywoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anelderlywoman
akivaj wrote:Why? Mine is Great! I love it! Just got the mousepad, too. Really excellent mouse.

I really liked the one i had as well, which i got last year for the same price here. it has good customization options for macros, and is very precise. the only problem i have had is that hitting the buttons on the far side (opposite of my thumb) is nearly impossible.

anelderlywoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anelderlywoman

i recieved my chimaera 5.1 headset, and it is very nice. there are a couple of problems i have had though. first off, when using this with the pc, you must choose between having surround sound, or stereo with mic capibility. if you do surround with the fiber optic cable, even with a 3.5mm cable, it will not do mic wirelessly. you can however in this case run a 2.5mm from the headset to a 3.5 adapter into the front of your computer, allowing the mic to function. the second problem i have had was that the right speaker has a rattle sound to it, whereas the left does not. in general the right is not as loud as the left either.

Tl:DR- great headset, but could have improved compatibility and it is refurbished, so it may have speaker problems.

alexzogh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexzogh
techkyle wrote:As a tech support monkey myself, we have to ask these questions because all too often we get people who haven't. Just give us an "Mhmm" and we won't bother you.

Just recently, I was diagnosing a problem with a lady's internet connection. I had her follow a network cable. Turns out it wasn't plugged in to anything. She still didn't understand why it wasn't working.

We ask seemingly silly questions because there ARE people out there that never think that the headphones should be plugged in to "Audio Out" rather than "Audio In"

What kind of computer are you using? My headphones absolutely get plugged into audio my audio out port.

nitramster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitramster

Just got my Onza...

...left joystick doesn't work...

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj
anelderlywoman wrote:I really liked the one I had as well, which i got last year for the same price here. it has good customization options for macros, and is very precise. the only problem I have had is that hitting the buttons on the far side (opposite of my thumb) is nearly impossible.

Interesting. i too had that challange, at least, for the pinky one...but now, a year later, I use my pinky, too.

I just wish they would have the keyboards again. Then I'd Tron it all!

But, until then, this Lycosa keyboard I wooted scratches the itch.

-Super Crochety.

mjrazor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjrazor

Does this work with windows 8???? My son is having a problem getting this to work at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

nitramster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nitramster
nitramster wrote:Just got my Onza...

...left joystick doesn't work...

Just got my exchanged Onza...

...trigger doesnt work....

mjrazor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjrazor

This item sux. It does not work on the Windows 8 OS. Wasted my money!

sixense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sixense

sixense.com/motioncreator