WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What is your favorite taco topping?
  • 5.1% - Fried Avocado 180
  • 7.3% - Swanky Vegetables, like onions and peppers 261
  • 11.4% - Normal Vegetables, like tomato and lettuce 405
  • 18.9% - Spicy salsa 673
  • 45.3% - CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE 1614
  • 5.6% - Only meat, please 199
  • 6.5% - I am offended you left out my topping and will threaten you in the comments shortly 231
3563 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Quality Posts

connorbush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages connorbush

Onion + Cilantro. THEN comes the spicy salsa.

Everiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Everiss

Actually, I forgot that I also very much so like sour cream!!! :>

Crystal.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Onion, cilantro, salsa verde.

For those who answered "cheese", "vegetables" or whatever the hell "fried avocado" is, if the place you are thinking of doesn't serve fresh carnitas, find a new place to get tacos. You are doing yourself a disservice by eating there.

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

Tacos should never have cheese, weird veggies, etc. They should only consist of corn tortillas, a protein, onion, cilantro, salsa or hot sauce. Anything else is not a taco. Those crunchy things from Toxic Hell or the grocery store are an abomination and should be called American tacos, if anything.

thomassonwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thomassonwe

(Raw) onion and cilantro are a must. Salsa is nice, and sometimes roasted onions or peppers.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

torturegarden wrote:Tacos should never have cheese, weird veggies, etc. They should only consist of corn tortillas, a protein, onion, cilantro, salsa or hot sauce. Anything else is not a taco. Those crunchy things from Toxic Hell or the grocery store are an abomination and should be called American tacos, if anything.

reverendbacon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverendbacon

What??!!?? Where's the bacon!!??!!

jsvend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsvend

meat, meat, meat. and cheese. and cheese.

edit: Who Trusts Felix? is "fried avocado" ??

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

How does sour cream not make it onto the poll? Seriously Woot, I am ashamed.

marbenais

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marbenais

I selected 'spicy salsa' because it's the only spicy option. Lots and lots of spice. Hot sauce (Cholula brand, usually) and chile powder (not the McCormick or other regular brand -- in a small bag from an international store) and cumin.

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Where is the green chile?!?!?

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

I used to get them at the Old Country Buffet at lunch time, they'd have a make-your-own taco bar.

Meat, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream.

True taco or not, they were delicious.

Sometimes I'd use an edible crunchy tortilla bowl instead and make a "taco salad" which was just the same thing in a different container.

nellb123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nellb123
ROGETRAY wrote:

This is NOT a taco. This just has fajita meat & that nasty cilantro on it. You could just put this on 2 pieces of bread.

nell-on-wheels

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

Fish tacos.

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee

Why ruin a perfectly good avocado by frying it ?

jezuzfreek

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jezuzfreek
torturegarden wrote:Tacos should never have cheese, weird veggies, etc. They should only consist of corn tortillas, a protein, onion, cilantro, salsa or hot sauce. Anything else is not a taco. Those crunchy things from Toxic Hell or the grocery store are an abomination and should be called American tacos, if anything.

I call Bs..... Taco Bell is true and unadulterated authentic Mexican food.

Next thing you will say is that Mountain dew isn't actuall dew from a mountain.....

istenk21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages istenk21

How do you justify yourself in leaving out sour cream and guacamole?!?

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed
Phoulmouth wrote:How does sour cream not make it onto the poll? Seriously Woot, I am ashamed.

Yeah!!!

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

My favorite topping is Beano.

Bielzebub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bielzebub

What the heck?!?! What about SOUR CREAM!!!

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy

This month it's chicken & waffles
the Roscoe

pablokrodono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pablokrodono

Sour Cream!!!!!!!!!!!!

hennessy08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennessy08

Cilantro and sour cream!!!!

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151

Pssht. Everyone knows the perfect taco topping is another taco.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
nellb123 wrote:This is NOT a taco. This just has fajita meat & that nasty cilantro on it. You could just put this on 2 pieces of bread.

Typical, you think ground mystery meat and veggies on a big dorito makes a taco.

Tacos are street food: Soft or hard tortilla with shredded beef, pork or chicken, or fish, with a generous helping of salsa makes a taco.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Dont give Woot a hard time. This either came from Carrollton, TX
(Which is part of the Dallas Metroplex or one of those States up in the Northwest that pretend to be Canadian.)

Now, I don't trust either sites to understand Taco's (as shown above with a picture of a Tostatda)

Taco's should start with a nice shell, meat, either chicken or beef, beans, either barracho or refried, cheese, lettuce, tomato and the doused with Salsa and Jalepeno's.

I know some people like Sour Cream and that would be acceptable but not my taste but fried avacado? Why don't we just hippy it up and add sprouts! Fresh avocado is fine.

Without a doubt, the Salsa is most important as bad salsa can make a good taco bad and good salsa can make a bad taco good..

roberthuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roberthuck

Cilantro!

jai151

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jai151
mdrcoast wrote:Taco's should start with a nice shell, meat, either chicken or beef, beans, either barracho or refried, cheese, lettuce, tomato and the doused with Salsa and Jalepeno's.

I know some people like Sour Cream and that would be acceptable but not my taste but fried avacado? Why don't we just hippy it up and add sprouts! Fresh avocado is fine.

Without a doubt, the Salsa is most important as bad salsa can make a good taco bad and good salsa can make a bad taco good..

BEANS in tacos? Unacceptable!

Also, apostrophes do not a plural make.

cupcakelazers

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cupcakelazers

Everyone doubting the deliciousness of fried avocado can SHUT IT NOW. Deep fried avocado with a spicy, light beer batter is where it's Bing, Bing, BING!ing at. Make a chipotle, cilantro, and lime ranch sauce to go with it, and you're set.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

curtisuxor wrote:Onion, cilantro, salsa verde.

For those who answered "cheese", "vegetables" or whatever the hell "fried avocado" is, if the place you are thinking of doesn't serve fresh carnitas, find a new place to get tacos. You are doing yourself a disservice by eating there.

I was inspired to suggest fried avocados because of this lovely place.

osborn4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osborn4
torturegarden wrote:..should be called American tacos, if anything.

Hey if we can have Mexican Pizza, why not American Tacos? 8-) I will freely admit that I like the "Americanized" version of what I generally call Mexican food.

nololtoday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nololtoday
Everiss wrote:Actually, I forgot that I also very much so like sour cream!!! :>

Sour cream ftw

zingriffy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zingriffy

SOUR CREAM!!! preferably non-fat

Wendy08010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wendy08010

How could you leave out the sour cream? That is what makes the taco, or any other Mexican food!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Chocolate!

eggcellent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggcellent

Two corn tortillas topped with, and in order, carnitas, onion and cilantro, followed by a quick douse of salsa from the water-bottle-turned-salsa-dispenser found towards the rear of the truck. Order three.

Enjoy.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

The only things I want on my taco are meat, cheese, lettuce, and taco sauce (mild).

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7
jai151 wrote:BEANS in tacos? Unacceptable!

Also, apostrophes do not a plural make.

++++1

sirenx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirenx

La Victoria's Orange Sauce!