0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Bakermr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bakermr

Are these helpful? I've gamed o'natual my whole life.

ein311

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ein311
Bakermr wrote:Are these helpful? I've gamed o'natual my whole life.

I have a pair of Gunnars and think they really help eye strain. They're most helpful when you're using your computer in a room of artificial light (or no light).
There are programs people use to change the hue of their monitors, which help, but have a completely different affect vs. Gunnars.
I stare at computers all day and these definitely help keep the eyes from drying out.

cjthespy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjthespy
ein311 wrote:I have a pair of Gunnars and think they really help eye strain. They're most helpful when you're using your computer in a room of artificial light (or no light).
There are programs people use to change the hue of their monitors, which help, but have a completely different affect vs. Gunnars.
I stare at computers all day and these definitely help keep the eyes from drying out.

Good to know...I am doing computer based training for the navy and stare at a screen all day, this should really help the strain I hope.

666= Woot's 6th B-day, The DJ market ending in 6 and my order number ending in 6. THE END IS NEAR!!!

rbachelor

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rbachelor

Am I getting too tired or did it go from 3% left to 4% left to 6% left just now?

techkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages techkyle

I barely notice any difference with my Gunnar glasses (besides the obvious yellow tint to everything), but a friend of mine says he really notices a difference as soon as he takes his off. Neither of us have any fatigue to speak of, I mostly just bought them because I feel smarter when I'm wearing glasses.

I don't notice the change in focus unless I look at something further away. When I put them on, the yellow tint makes my eyes go "Oww. Yellow." When I take them off, my eyes go "Oww. Blue."

I think they lean more towards gimmicky than innovative. If you don't have symptoms of screen fatigue, you probably won't notice a difference.

On a side note, since they filter out harsh blues and purples (look at the color of reflections in them), I wonder if they'd help with snow blindness, granted that's much more brightness than blue.