0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cfox612

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfox612

Good reviews on Amazon, with a $65 price tag: [urlhttp://www.amazon.com/Powerbag-Messenger-Charging-Smartphones-RFAP-0080F/dp/B005J4O864[/url]

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking

bought this march 1st and I love it. so many pockets and it charges everything perfectly. Sure it could benefit from a bigger battery but its an amazing bag non the less

goalcam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goalcam

Same price as Feb 28

I'm pleased with my purchase.

silimike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages silimike

I enjoy the one I got earlier this month as well. It wont charge an iPad 4, but just about everything else.

damorere

quality posts: 9 Private Messages damorere

I have one of the backpacks and it has saved my bacon before so I got one of these for my son to keep his phone alive. One nice added benefit is that you never need to worry about having a charger with you since even if the battery runs out, you can plug in the bag and charge your phone using the onboard cord.

AbdiViklas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AbdiViklas

Does that lining really say "fūl"? As in a fūl and his money?

goalcam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goalcam
AbdiViklas wrote:Does that lining really say "fūl"? As in a fūl and his money?

Apparently that's the name of the company that designed the bag. Or something.

JonShaffer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JonShaffer

Got this last time. Pretty cool bag. I like it.

lichme

quality posts: 2785 Private Messages lichme

This is probably the closest you will ever get to having a cool murse.

aramis525

quality posts: 8 Private Messages aramis525

Just started a job in IT yesterday. This bag will be perfect with all the traveling I do between sites! SO EXCITED!

donnaryan111

quality posts: 4 Private Messages donnaryan111
theiking wrote:bought this march 1st and I love it. so many pockets and it charges everything perfectly. Sure it could benefit from a bigger battery but its an amazing bag non the less

Question: Do you know the current rating for the ports? I read in the Amazon reviews that the micro usb was a 500mA port. I'm curious because I know some of my devices need a 2A port to charge.

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man
donnaryan111 wrote:Question: Do you know the current rating for the ports? I read in the Amazon reviews that the micro usb was a 500mA port. I'm curious because I know some of my devices need a 2A port to charge.

Click the "specs" tab on the product page for the amperage and other specifications.

isfacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isfacat

In for 1. Might be good for Ingress and conventions along with my Anker 10000 mAh.

donnaryan111

west3man wrote:Click the "specs" tab on the product page for the amperage and other specifications.

Thanks! (and *headdesk* - I'm usually smart enough to find that info)

But yeah, the built in battery isn't going to supply enough juice to my Android tablet.

west3man

quality posts: 6 Private Messages west3man
isfacat wrote:In for 1. Might be good for Ingress and conventions along with my Anker 10000 mAh.

I took mine (the Sling version) and other accessories to MegaCON but only ended up using the bag, not the charging option, it was great to know it was an option, though. (Although it's acted a little funky so I was slightly concerned.)

lbinathree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lbinathree

bought the bag earlier this month and i'm MORE than pleased. i just may get another

isfacat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isfacat
west3man wrote:I took mine (the Sling version) and other accessories to MegaCON but only ended up using the bag, not the charging option, it was great to know it was an option, though. (Although it's acted a little funky so I was slightly concerned.)

I've got 3 more conventions this year (performer) and that helps a lot when I have to tether my GS3 to the wall. Now just to tether to the bag.

donnaryan111

Can someone that owns the bag give the physical dimensions of the battery or the battery pocket?

The battery pack that comes with the bag isn't going to meet my needs. I do have a 12000mAh battery pack, but I don't know if it will fit.

Junkie777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Junkie777

Any issues with using this as a carry-on when flying?

biggw00t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggw00t
donnaryan111 wrote:Question: Do you know the current rating for the ports? I read in the Amazon reviews that the micro usb was a 500mA port. I'm curious because I know some of my devices need a 2A port to charge.

biggw00t wrote: I charge my SG3 no problem off the micro - I think it is 2A. I have also used the USB to charge another battery - doubling my bags capacity. nice buy!

biggw00t

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggw00t

I use the bag everyday - recharging in meetings when all the others are scrambling for outlets. Only complaint was the buckle is so far up in the bags cover, it is difficult to connect at times. I fixed it with a quick snip - now works beautifully

metalseargolid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metalseargolid

I was kind of expecting this bag to be a bit gimmicky, but this is actually a pretty solid bag and charges all of my devices. My only complaint is the 3000mA output, so I might buy the bigger battery they have in one of the tags that came on the bag. Oh, and it's kind of a pain to plug in a USB cable considering it's so far down in the battery pouch, but I don't think I'll be switching out cables all that often for my Galaxy Tab 2.

wootypeterc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootypeterc

I got the Messenger, it's actually a decent bag; the body-facing padding is a great relief if you have to put it on your lap for long durations.

There's extra padding lining the bottom of the laptop pocket, but not the 'main' chamber; it has minimal padding.

If I was to be carrying a laptop AND a tablet, I'd get some foam rubber (easily obtainable from Home Depot / Lowes / Sears / etc. as the foam rubber used to insulate around air conditioners) to line the bottom of the main chamber.

The charging pocket for an Android device is bigger than the iOS pocket. Also, the cable for the iOS pocket is roomy enough for the Lighning to 30 pin adapter. I already tested the cable with an HTC EVO and it charges just fine.

Also, it's nice that you charge the bag using an external charger; the charging port has a rubber cap making it water resistant, so you don't have to worry about rain shorting out the system.

Be advised that the battery does add extra weight, that's the tradeoff for being able to charge devices.

Also, the battery sits in a proprietary housing that is bonded to the inside of the case, you can't just shove an Anker in there and expect it to work. The higher capacity 6000 mA battery costs $50 direct from the Powerbag company and will definitely add to the weight..