WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Michael Tompsett Canvas Art

We know you love maps. We love maps too! But having the same map in every room in your house gets a bit drab, y'know, so we've got a trick to avoiding the tedium. Different types of maps. Several variations of the same maps. Get a map for every room and then some, maybe even one for your coat closet. Yeah, maps!

nwanick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nwanick

where can I get a bigger size of these....anyone know????

Serafyna


quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna
nwanick wrote:where can I get a bigger size of these....anyone know????



Googling his name pulls up lots of places. Amazon has 30x47 for just under 100.

funnypie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnypie

anyone know if these need to be mounted or can these be hung as is?

hardcandy189


quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189
funnypie wrote:anyone know if these need to be mounted or can these be hung as is?



I searched for these and other sites say that they are ready to hang so I would assume that all mounting hardware is already attached.

sushiboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushiboy

I wanted to order the "rock" one earlier but was hesitant. I guess I'm too late now.

irockash


quality posts: 3 Private Messages irockash

I've always wanted an antique design map, but all these designs are very awesome. What would you recommended for someone's first map?

bsmith1


quality posts: 104 Private Messages bsmith1
irockash wrote:I've always wanted an antique design map, but all these designs are very awesome. What would you recommended for someone's first map?



I'd say your best best is this one.

djdepen


quality posts: 0 Private Messages djdepen
sushiboy wrote:I wanted to order the "rock" one earlier but was hesitant. I guess I'm too late now.



me too... sigh

kwasiblind


quality posts: 3 Private Messages kwasiblind

Hmmm,,, every other site has them starting at 24x16 but woot has them all at 24x18? Woot mistake or are they woot "special"????????

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I don't know what we will do with the subway map, but I cannot not buy it.

shamelessmt


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamelessmt

I was enjoying the US Cities Text Map until I noticed "Boise City" about where Boise, ID should be. How many other imaginary cities are listed in that map do you suppose?

snarkygal


quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
shamelessmt wrote:I was enjoying the US Cities Text Map until I noticed "Boise City" about where Boise, ID should be. How many other imaginary cities are listed in that map do you suppose?



Actually, there is a Boise City, but it is in OK, not ID.

miniskunk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

Gotta love living in a rural state like Montana. There is room for all the significant towns even mine. Cut Bank, population 3,500.

doomtothee


quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

East Timor and South Sudan aren't included in this print. Having doubts... They fought long and hard for their independence and then for Mr. Tompsett to just ignore them???

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

miniskunk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
snarkygal wrote:Actually, there is a Boise City, but it is in OK, not ID.



Because the artist depicts the cities relative to their size, I think there wasn't room for the other two large cities of Nampa and Meridian. So he apparently used the metro area name collectively called Boise City. This is much similar to saying you are going to Los Angeles when you may actually mean one of it's numerous suburbs. For example, the artist only showed 5 cites around LA and even ignored Hollywood.

ahecht


quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahecht
miniskunk wrote:Because the artist depicts the cities relative to their size, I think there wasn't room for the other two large cities of Nampa and Meridian. So he apparently used the metro area name collectively called Boise City. This is much similar to saying you are going to Los Angeles when you may actually mean one of it's numerous suburbs. For example, the artist only showed 5 cites around LA and even ignored Hollywood.



Hollywood isn't a city. It's a district of Los Angeles.

JesterXXV


quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesterXXV

I would KILL for some artistic versions of Fuller's Dymaxion Projection of the world map.

woocls


quality posts: 2 Private Messages woocls

Well, someone needs to get to work on that subway system. The map's completely inaccurate! I need my world wide subway system!

powerelite


quality posts: 0 Private Messages powerelite
sushiboy wrote:I wanted to order the "rock" one earlier but was hesitant. I guess I'm too late now.



Same here. One of the few times I have regretted procrastination.

MJR

sushiboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushiboy

Kmart has the "rock" version for $52.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_021V005368078000P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-135776905-2

ndk0911


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndk0911
bsmith1 wrote:I'd say your best best is this one.


nice

quadld


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quadld

How can something 'made to order' sell out? Seems strange to me.

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
quadld wrote:How can something 'made to order' sell out? Seems strange to me.



Some artists like to make limited runs. It's like the time a place in europe made too much money, and the value of the dollar dropped. It was pretty much worthless since there were so much out there.

that was fun while it lasted!

quadld


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quadld
bpr2 wrote:Some artists like to make limited runs. It's like the time a place in europe made too much money, and the value of the dollar dropped. It was pretty much worthless since there were so much out there.



Made to order isn't a limited run. You can also buy this in limitless quantity online. And your analogy makes no sense, if the Eurozone printed (made) more Euros, it would cause the price of Euro to drop, this making the dollar more valuable in comparison since they are both floating currencies.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

quadld wrote:How can something 'made to order' sell out? Seems strange to me.



There's still the materials to be considered. If they only have enough to make, say 10 maps, they can only make 10.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

susqucyclist


quality posts: 0 Private Messages susqucyclist

Did anyone else get the wrong canvas in the mail? I had ordered the subway map, but got the US city map instead.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

susqucyclist wrote:Did anyone else get the wrong canvas in the mail? I had ordered the subway map, but got the US city map instead.



I'm sorry to hear that you received the wrong canvas in your order.
Please email into Woot Member Services at suppport@woot.com and let them know this has occurred. They will be more than happy to help resolve this issue.

funnypie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnypie

Umm I ordered the US cities map and got the subway map...

funnypie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnypie
susqucyclist wrote:Did anyone else get the wrong canvas in the mail? I had ordered the subway map, but got the US city map instead.



Woot, you should set up a switch or something. Have us send them to you and then send us the correct ones...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

funnypie wrote:Umm I ordered the US cities map and got the subway map...



Ugh, sorry. As noted above, email support@woot.com so they can make things right.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2


quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Received my music notes world map today. Perfect size for where I wanted to put it! It looks awesome too!

that was fun while it lasted!

teamman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages teamman

Darn, still says awaiting shipping on my music notes canvas art....

funnypie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages funnypie

It's waiting for me at home, thanks guys