WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kitchen Electrics

Your kitchen isn't just manual, you know. A good knife is essential but you're never going to be as fast as, say, a blender. And how can you properly deep fry with just a few matches? Get over yourself, hipster. Get something electric in there. Save the retro from your music collection. PS: vinyl is already plural, son.

ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

Specs and description doesn't list it, but this has a 3.25 liter oil capacity.

mriches

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mriches

I have one of these and it works great. The fan is a little noisy. It has multiple setting for every type of wine, red, white, blush. So it gets it to the actual degree. Love mine.

arlenspeakman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arlenspeakman

how long does this take to chill the wine?

DivineMercy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages DivineMercy

Would someone at Woot PLEASE contact me? I order the fryer, only to discover my husband had just ordered it less than an hour before I did. Who knew he was listening when I said I wanted it?

Anyway, I sent an email from both the email address associated with my account, as well as the one I check more often. I need to get the second order cancelled, otherwise we may all die of heart attacks with two deep fryers in the house.

Thank you!

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

Caveat Emptor:
The Deep Fryer may just be a rebadged Cornballer.

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15
DivineMercy wrote:Would someone at Woot PLEASE contact me? I order the fryer, only to discover my husband had just ordered it less than an hour before I did. Who knew he was listening when I said I wanted it?

Anyway, I sent an email from both the email address associated with my account, as well as the one I check more often. I need to get the second order cancelled, otherwise we may all die of heart attacks with two deep fryers in the house.

Thank you!

Just send an email to the woot... their link is at the top of the page of the "stuff you bought" page. and they will be able to get it canceled for you. They are very good with returns and cancelations!

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Soooo tempted by the deep fryer. Never had one before and always wanted one. I'm sure I'd hardly use it once a month, but still. Some recipes are just amazing when you have the right equipment.

Can someone push me over the edge? Do I want *this* deep fryer?

mreliphaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mreliphaz

Does the coffee maker actually brew one cup at a time or store brewed coffee and dispense it?

vmforrest

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vmforrest
mreliphaz wrote:Does the coffee maker actually brew one cup at a time or store brewed coffee and dispense it?

line #2 in "features":
"The double-wall reservoir keeps up to 12 cups fresh and hot"

mreliphaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mreliphaz
vmforrest wrote:line #2 in "features":
"The double-wall reservoir keeps up to 12 cups fresh and hot"

I'm guessing that means it dispenses brewed coffee that's scorched in 20 minutes.

tannaadkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tannaadkins

I'm in need of a microwave, Woot, just so you know.

magendaswede

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magendaswede

The Cuisinart SM-70 mixer has a custom curved spatula that is NOT mentioned HERE on WOOT! Do I hold out for the spatula?!
Even tho it's plain white, the SM-70 DOES have features I have not found on the popular KitchenAid models, one of which comes in 26 colors. (See below for SM-70 product link w/video.)

KA lists only one 7qt, one 6qt, then 5qt models & smaller. C is 7qt. Many of KA also have tilt heads, but I didn't see any w/a COUNTDOWN TIMER nor a PULSE CONTROL. KA has 10 set speeds, C has 12 VARIABLE SPEEDS so you can gradually increase. KA's cheapest MSRP is $329; I've seen it just under $200 on a good sale, but it is the basic model.

Amazon reviews are quite good:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SM-70BK-7-Quart-Stand-Mixer/product-reviews/B000PMZUGW

Product link w/video:
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/stand_mixers/sm-70.html#top

inaniae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inaniae

Vinyl is an adjective, actually.

tmedvick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmedvick
inaniae wrote:Vinyl is an adjective, actually.

In your use, it is clearly a noun. Vinyl can be an adjective, however it is also a noun. Records are made out of vinyl. Vinyl polymer can simply be called vinyl.

I am listening to Dark Side of the Moon on a vinyl record right now.

I could also say I am listening to Dark Side of the Moon on vinyl.

I could also say I am listening to my vinyl of Dark Side of the Moon.

I cannot say I keep my vinyls by the computer without being inaccurate or bringing down the wrath of woot. And when the wrath of woot hits, who knows how long it will take for my shirt to get here.

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

I have one of the wine coolers.

I call mine a fridge though.

beenyweeny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beenyweeny
inaniae wrote:Vinyl is an adjective, actually.

Could also be a noun when used incorrectly.

Wicked Gollum

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wicked Gollum

Is the Waring glass?

Doesn't say so in the specs.

Thank you!

--
.:d:.

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe."
-- Mark Twain

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

DivineMercy wrote:Would someone at Woot PLEASE contact me? I order the fryer, only to discover my husband had just ordered it less than an hour before I did. Who knew he was listening when I said I wanted it?

Thank you!

I'm very sorry for the late reply.
Were you helped by Woot Member Services?

If you're still having problems with cancelling you order(s) please feel free post here again and we can help you out.

Sorry again, we must have missed your post earlier today :/

ROGETRAY

Staff

Wicked Gollum wrote:Is the Waring glass?

Doesn't say so in the specs.

Thank you!

Are you talking about the blenders?
According to an Amazon listing, they're glass. They also appear to be glass...

Wicked Gollum

ROGETRAY wrote:Are you talking about the blenders?
According to an Amazon listing, they're glass. They also appear to be glass...

Yes sir Rog, talking about the blender.

A Google search does show Amazon.com's version and it is a glass pitcher.

However, your specs do not say so.

Can you confirm or deny w/o having to kill me? ;)

Thanks for the late reply!

-D

--

"Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudice and narrow-mindedness. Broad, wholesome and charitable views cannot be acquired by vegetating in one tiny corner of the globe."
-- Mark Twain

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
magendaswede wrote:The Cuisinart SM-70 mixer has a custom curved spatula that is NOT mentioned HERE on WOOT! Do I hold out for the spatula?!
Even tho it's plain white, the SM-70 DOES have features I have not found on the popular KitchenAid models, one of which comes in 26 colors. (See below for SM-70 product link w/video.)

KA lists only one 7qt, one 6qt, then 5qt models & smaller. C is 7qt. Many of KA also have tilt heads, but I didn't see any w/a COUNTDOWN TIMER nor a PULSE CONTROL. KA has 10 set speeds, C has 12 VARIABLE SPEEDS so you can gradually increase. KA's cheapest MSRP is $329; I've seen it just under $200 on a good sale, but it is the basic model.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SM-70BK-7-Quart-Stand-Mixer/product-reviews/B000PMZUGW

Product link w/video:

I'm checking this deal out too. I am bothered by the 1000 watt consumption. Kind of high ?

ROGETRAY

Staff

Wicked Gollum wrote:Yes sir Rog, talking about the blender.

-D

ROGETRAY

Staff

Wicked Gollum wrote:Yes sir Rog, talking about the blender.

-D

Hahaha, just kidding about the Steven Seagal pic...

Okay, well after doing some private investigating (and unwaking of certain staff members) it's about a 99.9% certainly that the the carafe offered with the Waring Blender is THIS

According to the Waring Pro website (which appears is the Series we are selling), the carafe for the PBB220 series is glass.

In the likelihood of that .1% chance, you're always welcome to email into Woot Services at support@woot.com and let them know that I, RogetRay am a sham and a fool and quite mistaken.

But...I like the 99.9 percentile in my favor.

I hope this info was helpful :D
and sorry for the late reply

essay2u

quality posts: 7 Private Messages essay2u
mreliphaz wrote:I'm guessing that means it dispenses brewed coffee.

The coffee maker is $78 on Amazon. with tax, this one is actually more expensive. dumb.

I checked because the list price is $185 and I have NEVER seen this coffee maker for $185. Hate a sham, or a scam. kiss my ass woot.

crackkitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crackkitty
essay2u wrote:The coffee maker is $78 on Amazon. with tax, this one is actually more expensive. dumb.

I checked because the list price is $185 and I have NEVER seen this coffee maker for $185. Hate a sham, or a scam. kiss my ass woot.

not only that, if you have prime, it makes it $10 cheaper on amazon than woot (unless, of course, you've already bought something that day on woot). Not a great deal woot. anyone else been thinking that the woot/amazon deal must have been more corporate and less customer centric... seeming to get worse after Matt R left?

colli156

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colli156

Don't buy the toaster. It's a POS. I bought one, and it arrived broken.

chrisiturrioz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisiturrioz

shoulda bought the fryer please bring back the fryer in the near future

easyenough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages easyenough

I'm pretty sure the fryer would make a really nice small sous vide bath if pared with a digital temp controller. I use a turkey fryer (bought from Woot), myself, but this smaller size would be more convenient for day to day cooking. Plus, it probably does a decent job frying too.

Wicked Gollum

ROGETRAY wrote:Hahaha, just kidding about the Steven Seagal pic...

Okay, well after doing some private investigating (and unwaking of certain staff members) it's about a 99.9% certainly that the the carafe offered with the Waring Blender is THIS

According to the Waring Pro website (which appears is the Series we are selling), the carafe for the PBB220 series is glass.

In the likelihood of that .1% chance, you're always welcome to email into Woot Services at support@woot.com and let them know that I, RogetRay am a sham and a fool and quite mistaken.

But...I like the 99.9 percentile in my favor.

I hope this info was helpful :D
and sorry for the late reply

Dammit...after bed, commute to work, and re-checking...I'm too late!

Looks like I'm gonna be Seagal'd...a good way to go.

Think of my epitaph!

Here lies Wicked Gollum.
Death by neck snap from Steven Seagal!

Thanks for the 411 tho!

-Duncan

--

-- Mark Twain

ROGETRAY

Staff

Wicked Gollum wrote:Dammit...after bed, commute to work, and re-checking...I'm too late!

Looks like I'm gonna be Seagal'd...a good way to go.

Think of my epitaph!

Here lies Wicked Gollum.
Death by neck snap from Steven Seagal!

Thanks for the 411 tho!

-Duncan

emtemple6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emtemple6
beenyweeny wrote:Could also be a noun when used incorrectly.

Okay this is just upsetting. Not to be completely off topic or anything with so many posts on parts of speech instead of the actual topic of this thread. But just to clarify on this lovely debate. Words are not one thing and only one thing. Language is not linear. Words can be more than one Part of Speech. It is not about being right or wrong language is about conveying meaning. Saying that it is a noun only when used incorrectly is like saying we have to choose whether an orange is a fruit or a color. So is orange an adjective or a noun? How about ram? Is that a noun or a verb? Language is very dynamic. Don't box it in. There is no need to when it has some many limits as is.
I do apologize for being so off topic but it upsets me a great deal when people box language in for no good reason.

magendaswede

quality posts: 5 Private Messages magendaswede

Hey Woot! I sent a message to "Support", asking about the spatula and the reply said that the mixer is no longer available. As of a minute ago, it still is! I did reply back assuring "Support" that the mixer is still for sale. My confidence is flagging.

Would someone please answer the question?

magendaswede wrote:The Cuisinart SM-70 mixer has a custom curved spatula that is NOT mentioned HERE on WOOT! Do I hold out for the spatula?!

Product link w/video:

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
magendaswede wrote:Hey Woot! I sent a message to "Support", asking about the spatula and the reply said that the mixer is no longer available. As of a minute ago, it still is! I did reply back assuring "Support" that the mixer is still for sale. My confidence is flagging.

Would someone please answer the question?

What they really meant to say is, "No longer available... by the time youre able to do anything about this sh*tty support response"

It's not like the mixer won't be back in a couple days/weeks... What a lazy support response. I can't get over that.