0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

People of Woot, how would this work for a gaming comp? Looking at games like, sims, civilization and oregon trail... :P

I once ate a cricket.

mocinha

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mocinha

I got this as a budget gaming computer and I was quite impressed with the performance. I still think it is a great deal for the price!

slylynn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slylynn

c'mon woot! where's the pics of the innards?

mocinha

waacodemon wrote:People of Woot, how would this work for a gaming comp? Looking at games like, sims, civilization and oregon trail... :P

I played WoW and Civ V on it, worked great!

waacodemon

mocinha wrote:I played WoW and Civ V on it, worked great!

Were the settings set fairly high, or lowest possible?

Thanks for the reply!

I once ate a cricket.

lichme

quality posts: 3182 Private Messages lichme

Previous Sale

Costco Reviews

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

bobcline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobcline

I have one.
Be aware, if you decide to upgrade this system, for instance the Radeon HD 7560D video card, the HP bios needs to be changed (via keyboard) to accept devices that were not part of the original configuration. Knowing this will save you hours, if not days of frustration.

drivers11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drivers11

How would this be for a home/small business pc?

waacodemon

bobcline wrote:I have one.
Be aware, if you decide to upgrade this system, for instance the Radeon HD 7560D video card, the HP bios needs to be changed (via keyboard) to accept devices that were not part of the original configuration. Knowing this will save you hours, if not days of frustration.

is it a decent video card?

I once ate a cricket.

mocinha

waacodemon wrote:Were the settings set fairly high, or lowest possible?

Thanks for the reply!

I set everything to high and worked great. I had a couple very small redraw issues graphic wise, but that was it. Nothing that compromised the game. I got a 5.1 channel speaker set and works marvilously with it.

I'm also a heavy Photoshop user and this renders 3D very well to!

waacodemon

mocinha wrote:I set everything to high and worked great. I had a couple very small redraw issues graphic wise, but that was it. Nothing that compromised the game. I got a 5.1 channel speaker set and works marvilously with it.

I'm also a heavy Photoshop user and this renders 3D very well to!

Awesome, thanks for the advice!

I once ate a cricket.

KcDiver78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KcDiver78

Will this handle dual monitors?

mocinha

KcDiver78 wrote:Will this handle dual monitors?

Yes, you can connect one via VGA and another one via DVI

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Extremely solid PC for the price. This should be able to run just about anything.

wollern

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wollern
waacodemon wrote:People of Woot, how would this work for...oregon trail... :P

Oregon Trail?!?! Even my Apple //e can run Oregon Trail. ;-)

morandia2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morandia2

Isn't the powersupply a bit weak? I'm just surprised it's only 300W.

waacodemon

wollern wrote:Oregon Trail?!?! Even my Apple //e can run Oregon Trail. ;-)

Sadly, my $180 dollar Lenovo laptop can hardly run facebook.

I once ate a cricket.

rockytrh

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rockytrh
morandia2 wrote:Isn't the powersupply a bit weak? I'm just surprised it's only 300W.

300W is sufficient for what is in the PC. People tend to overshoot on the power supply, which isn't needed. That being said, if you are going to fill that PCI-Ex16 slot with a high end graphics card, you probably want to upgrade the PSU as well. Newegg has a calculator for this.

glcoffeeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glcoffeeman

Wooters.....how do you think this would handle HD graphics processing for say GoPro3 file processing and conversion?

lisa5364

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisa5364

My son wants a gaming computer and I've been told they are really expensive. Does this qualify as a "gaming computer"?

jalantro

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jalantro
drivers11 wrote:How would this be for a home/small business pc?

I'm curious about that, too. I work from home and have been looking to upgrade.

theprincess99998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theprincess99998

Hey all you wooters----What happened to the witty comments, cute pictures, etc.? Are all of you snoozing, just waiting for that special item that some Phd of Engineering took a lifetime to create which did not quite make it selling on the mass market so here it is on WOOT for $5.99! And oh joy, you are going to buy three to attach to a stick to make a cat toy out of!

c911darkwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c911darkwolf
lisa5364 wrote:My son wants a gaming computer and I've been told they are really expensive. Does this qualify as a "gaming computer"?

This is better setup for a Home Server, Programming, or maybe a potential TV Computer.

Gaming Machines can be expensive because of 2 items.
1. Power Supply - Most need around 500w or higher to support... looking at $50 to $125ish
2. GPU (Graphics Card) These Range from easily $75 to well over $500 depending on what your looking for. A good Mid Level Graphics card cost around $250 and a Entry Level should be around $100-$125.

So by the time you buy a better graphics card and then Buy a Power Supply to support it then your looking at doubling the cost of this PC.

If you want a good combination then I suggest looking for the new FX AMD Computers that have the AMD RADEON Graphics card built in (much like like the intel ones, but all INTEL Graphic cards are terrible).

These are MUCH better graphics then Intel Graphic cards and VERY Cheap compared to dedicated cards.

or have someone computer savvy build you one using newegg.com parts.

HTH

For a home/business this works well as long as your not doing Video Gaming. to be frank the # of RAM is Chumlyic as on rare uses could make use of that much RAM.

The good idea is that this does have room for expansion so you can upgrade it quite a bit later on.

horrellbt01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages horrellbt01

lisa5364 wrote:My son wants a gaming computer and I've been told they are really expensive. Does this qualify as a "gaming computer"?

If he is specifically asking for a gaming rig - this wouldn't be the right one for him. This is a great setup for a home office and light media use. But it would not handle the newer games very well.

mocinha

Just like with anything else, you can have high end models and budget models. This can be considered a budget gaming computer.

daveofva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daveofva

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7560D

Raedon hd 7560 is apparently a lousy gaming GPU.

mypiesarepiff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mypiesarepiff
daveofva wrote:http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7560D

Raedon hd 7560 is apparently a lousy gaming GPU.

All you had to read was integrated graphics to know that

Pretty and Asian since 1985. Holla atcha boy
♥ Random Crap 01/31/07 ♥ Random Crap 08/30/07
♥ Random Crap 03/27/09 ♥ Random Crap 10/28/09
♥ Random Crap 11/19/09 ♥ Random Crap 06/24/10
♥ Random Crap 09/14/11 ♥ Random Crap 01/19/12
♥ Random Crap 04/26/12

waacodemon

mypiesarepiff wrote:All you had to read was integrated graphics to know that

whats the alternative?

I once ate a cricket.

mile357

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mile357
jalantro wrote:I'm curious about that, too. I work from home and have been looking to upgrade.

This would work fine for any kind of normal business load. It might be a little slow for gaming, intense video editing/rendering/whatever, but it'll do fine for other stuff. You can even beef it up a little, since it apparently uses the FM2 socket for the proc and has a PCIe16x slot for a graphics card. Of course, that would increase the price a ton, but it's good to know you're not locked in and it can be upgraded in the future a little bit.

zeta30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeta30

It depends on your definition of gaming computer. Most hard core gamers I know build their own, that way they can customize everything about the build.

If you want a per-built gaming computer, AlienWare makes decent ones, but be prepared to spend over $1000 for one.

c911darkwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c911darkwolf
mocinha wrote:Just like with anything else, you can have high end models and budget models. This can be considered a budget gaming computer.

Without a graphics upgrade it's not a "gaming" PC at all. Intel Cards strain to make a picture when you turn it in. I'm joking slightly but Intel HD XXX cards have trouble running complex flash games needless to say a REAL game.

@Zeta - Alienware is a terrible business. They simply buy parts and put it in their alienware case and sell them. They have one of the HIGHEST markup prices on products then any other manufacturer.

ASUS.. Gamers love this brand and love their LONG warranties that come FREE with purchase. Also customer service speaks english and is very friendly

@waacodemon - Integrated graphic cards are graphic cards that are built into the motheboard. These are generally not very good. The Exception is the RADEON FX series of cpu/gpu combo's. they are pretty good and cheap as well.

NOTHING is better then a "Dedicated" card which is a card that fits into a slot on the motherboard where all the graphics are processed seperately form the motherboard. Meaning when you process a game your motherboard isn't dragged down trying to be a Jack of of Trades.. you have a Decicated Card that only does Graphics and everything runs smoother.