0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

ahecht

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahecht

"14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor is newly developed for the DMC-ZS19 for even higher image quality. This boasts better S/N ratio compared with the 14.1-megapixel MOS sensor in the DMC-ZS19."

So it's better than itself?

moomi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moomi

I bought a ZS20 at Xmas, for about $250. Very pleased with it. Don't know the feature difference with this model ZS19, but if the spec is close, this is a good deal.

angelwings083

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelwings083

"14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor is newly developed for the DMC-ZS19 for even higher image quality. This boasts better S/N ratio compared with the 14.1-megapixel MOS sensor in the DMC-ZS19."

LoL, that made me laugh.

davermenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davermenator

For what its worth, I just purchased one of these when they were on tech.woot the other week. Arrived in perfect condition; you would not know it was not a new camera except for the lack of retail box and the sticker on the side. The 4GB SD card that comes with the bundle is Class 4, Panasonic Branded. The test photos I took were excellent - stabilization is the best I have ever used, giving me good pictures in low light at full 20x zoom with no tripod. I hope this helps aid people in decision making!

The only difference between the 20 and the 19 is the 20 has GPS and the 19 does not - I am happy to not know where I am, and my battery is pleased as well. ;-)

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82

http://tech.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5366643

Comments from a previous Woot. Seems reviews are very good.

boingo82

quality posts: 8 Private Messages boingo82

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-ZS19-Digital-Camera/dp/B00814CAS2

$250 on Amazon

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

kggoodman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kggoodman

I just bought this on Tech Woot a week or two back. Excellent camera. I have about 7-8 point and shoots and this is definitely the best. Nice video. Great optical zoom. It even takes 3D photos but I haven't been able to check them because you need a 3D TV to view them. Very highly recommended.

laspyra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laspyra

Well, I'm in for one. Hopefully it will be worth it.

dirtbagsoldier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtbagsoldier

Got one of these for my wife during the last sale, she's a hobbyist bird photographer. When you're taking pictures of things that are A. small and B. skittish, a 20x zoom comes in handy. She absolutely loves it, and other than having no retail box there's no way to tell it's a refurb.

firecatcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firecatcher

I got this recently and it arrived in perfect condition and the shots are clear and crisp. Totally happy with this purchase.

shidge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shidge

I've had a number of Lumix cameras and all of them have been superior cameras. I keep replacing them because Lumix keeps improving them!

dctipton1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dctipton1
boingo82 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-ZS19-Digital-Camera/dp/B00814CAS2

$250 on Amazon

Would not pay attention to current Amazon price...its been replaced by a newer model at a lower price -- and, there are some refurbs offered at Amazon for $122... With that said, this does appear to be a great camera at a great price, so here or there, might be worth considering...

hyoung888888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyoung888888
angelwings083 wrote:"14.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor is newly developed for the DMC-ZS19 for even higher image quality. This boasts better S/N ratio compared with the 14.1-megapixel MOS sensor in the DMC-ZS19."

LoL, that made me laugh.

GOOD CATCH !!!

BOCarp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BOCarp

We've owned several Lumix cameras and all have been excellent. With all these telescoping lens cameras (not just Panasonic), when the lens extends at power-up, they tend to suck in lint and other debris sitting on the folded lens. Bottom line, don't carry it loose in your pocket or purse - put it in a camera pouch or at least a ziplock if you plan to "tote" it with you. Keeping it out of dust, lint, dirt environments will keep the internal lens elements clean.

rgarnier

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rgarnier

Like others commenting here, just recently bought one of these on Woot and, with the limited use I have made of it so far, it appears to be an excellent camera. Great size for what you get with it.

sjwtlw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjwtlw

does this camera take very close up clear pics?

roorooroo50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roorooroo50

I bought the DMC ZS7 years ago. Upgraded with this ZS19 camera a few weeks ago from Woot, I'm really happy with Lumix cameras easy and excellent quality.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning Wooter! What's for breakfast?

I'm toasting a bagel as I type this.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

patufogrrl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patufogrrl

I thought about it last time it was up, but wasn't sure I wanted a wanted to buy a new camera.I found myself looking at cameras on Amazon last night, and this one seems to be the best in this price range, and is in the form factor I'm looking for. Thanks for the reviews, in for 1!

scotdailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scotdailey

How does this camera do as far as battery life?

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
boingo82 wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-LUMIX-DMC-ZS19-Digital-Camera/dp/B00814CAS2

$250 on Amazon

Try comparing refurbished prices. Amazon price is new with 1 year warranty. They also have used and refurbs starting at #123.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15

Morning TT, Just trying to figure out if I want one of these.

mod: enjoy ur bagel!

p.s. the site is laggy, or maybe I just am! :\

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

confused15 wrote:Morning TT, Just trying to figure out if I want one of these.

mod: enjoy ur bagel!

p.s. the site is laggy, or maybe I just am! :\

Thanks. I'll watch the site. I haven't noticed anything yet but I just got started.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BlueVoter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages BlueVoter

This is an excellent point and shoot with a 20x zoom on a Leica lens. I have the ZS-20, which is identical to this ZS-19, except that the ZS-20 has GPS positioning. The wide angle is wider than on my DSLR lens and the 20x zoom comes in very handy. Here's one photo that I took recently with mine. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tony_wasserman/8460146776

If you need a digicam for yourself or a future gift, it's hard to beat this deal.

avg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avg

There was a camera offered somewhere that you could capture still images while shooting video. I see this camera has separate buttons for stills and video. Can it do that? I'm trying to figure what models I need to be looking at for that specific feature since I hate having to choose between taking video of cute things my kids are doing and snapping photos to print for grandma.

I know you can capture stills from HD video, but I'm just never going to take the time to do that on my computer.

donnaryan111

quality posts: 3 Private Messages donnaryan111

I just wooted this one. I own a Lumix DMC-FZ28 - a more feature rich camera, the higher end of the point and shoot. It's fantastic for when I want to manipulate the shot and capture raw. I can also put on a telephoto converter and take the 18x to 35x.

That being said, I've been wishing for a more portable camera for taking quick snapshots at birthday parties. This one fits the bill.

chartles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chartles

in the market for a point-and-shoot. can anyone tell me how good this is a getting action shots of the kids and how long it takes to 'refresh' (be ready for the next picture?

ibanezfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ibanezfoo

This is a good camera. I have had one since they first came out. The only difference between this and the ZS20 is that this one doesn't tag your photos with GPS information. I will say though, I also have the ZS15 and the ZS15 actually has a nicer sensor in it. It has less zoom and no touch screen but the images are a little cleaner than the ZS19/20 and the rest of the features are about the same. The high speed video (I think 240 frames if I remember) is kind of miserable meeces on this camera... the resolution is very low. Its a useless gimmick.

The only annoyance I have about this camera is the touch screen. Its easy to inadvertantly click things if you aren't careful... and I don't know how other people use point and click cameras, but I just keep it in my pocket to grab quick pictures. If I want to be careful I'll bust out my DSLR. Other than that, this is a great camera. Its smaller than a pack of cigs so it fits nice in your pocket.

ibanezfoo

chartles wrote:in the market for a point-and-shoot. can anyone tell me how good this is a getting action shots of the kids and how long it takes to 'refresh' (be ready for the next picture?

It has a sport mode where you can fire off a bunch of pictures in a row. Works ok.

ecmathews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecmathews
BOCarp wrote:We've owned several Lumix cameras and all have been excellent. With all these telescoping lens cameras (not just Panasonic), when the lens extends at power-up, they tend to suck in lint and other debris sitting on the folded lens. Bottom line, don't carry it loose in your pocket or purse - put it in a camera pouch or at least a ziplock if you plan to "tote" it with you. Keeping it out of dust, lint, dirt environments will keep the internal lens elements clean.

It comes with a handy-dandy little case. Keep it in that. :~) (Or it did when I bought it a couple of weeks back...great camera!)

dsmithpdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsmithpdx

In for one. This will replace an old Canon P&S. Seems like a great camera packed full of features for the price, and the reviews on other websites are great! Heck, the built-in tilt-shift feature alone is going to be a ton of fun. ;-)

ibanezfoo

sjwtlw wrote:does this camera take very close up clear pics?

It has a macro mode but its not that great. Anything closer than 6 or 8 inches won't focus. The only trick I've figured out to this is stand further back and use the zoom.

ibanezfoo

dsmithpdx wrote:In for one. This will replace an old Canon P&S. Seems like a great camera packed full of features for the price, and the reviews on other websites are great! Heck, the built-in tilt-shift feature alone is going to be a ton of fun. ;-)

The tilt shift actually works too! Its slow because its just processing... you snap the pic and wait a few seconds but the results are pretty good. The HDR pics are neat as well.

nancybuttermore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nancybuttermore

I, too, purchased this camera a bit ago on Tech Woot. Great little camera, and I was pleasantly surprised to find an 8GB Class 4 card shipped along with it.

davermenator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davermenator
sjwtlw wrote:does this camera take very close up clear pics?

Yes, I have had good luck with the macro feature on this camera.

dgcraycraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgcraycraft

Does anyone know if the PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 PE software is available for a MAC or is there only a PC version?

danbfas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danbfas

I have a Panasonic Lumix as well. Great specs for the price, even if it is a refurb. If you need a great all-around camera, I don't think you could go wrong with this one.

nancybuttermore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nancybuttermore
dgcraycraft wrote:Does anyone know if the PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.1 PE software is available for a MAC or is there only a PC version?

The CD that comes with the camera is only Windows. A quick Google search did not produce any MAC PhotoFunStudio links, but a (very) superficial scanning of the hits gave only suggestions for workarounds.