0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2673 Private Messages lichme

khkhkatie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khkhkatie

Is anybody else finding the Woot-off to be boring?........Just not much fun this time.

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15
khkhkatie wrote:Is anybody else finding the Woot-off to be boring?........Just not much fun this time.

If you mean do I want a Dyson or a robotic Vac, the answer is no I don't.

philmoorebrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philmoorebrown
khkhkatie wrote:Is anybody else finding the Woot-off to be boring?........Just not much fun this time.

one of the worst woot off's i have been apart of. and sadly, the one where i just moved and need a lot of stuff. And all I have walked away with is a knife and a Frost Boss. like a boss.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

If this had a UV-C light under it then I might consider buying it.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

confused15

philmoorebrown wrote:one of the worst woot off's i have been apart of. and sadly, the one where i just moved and need a lot of stuff. And all I have walked away with is a knife and a Frost Boss. like a boss.

still deciding on the boss...

philmoorebrown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philmoorebrown
confused15 wrote:still deciding on the boss...

I know it's a product I will use only when people are over and then I will put in the closet and it won't come out until I move again. Worth it.

boony

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boony

I don't have the pet version, but my regular old version has been quite brilliant. I call it, "Killer."

It lurks at its charging station until, at precisely 9AM on Monday mornings, it pounces. The massacre of the dust on the floors and the stuff in the rugs is probably quite brutal, though I'm rarely around to enj...I mean cringe at it.

It seems to work equally well on hardwood, tile or rugs. I slows down a bit on carpet, though that may be clever on its part. More dust, you know.

I do wish the little "don't go here" strip were longer. It's fine for a doorway, but put it on one side of the bed and it's just go around. My bed is just low enough that Killer gets stuck there. Handy to know in case he trades his thirst for dust in for a thirst for blood.

As I am extremely laz...busy, I give it four out of five stars. So far, so good. I paid more for mine, too, so if you are also embarrassingly la...busy, you've little reason not to try it. I've had friends with Roombas and they loved them until the little devils gave out. The Neato has more suction, and a much more predatory attitude. Or maybe it's just me.

/Zzz

slider10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slider10

I picked up the XV-12 on 3/10 from Home.woot (http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5371762&pageindex=1&replycount=43) and I will say it's a damn good vacuum. It picks up everything so far and is way more smarter than a Roomba. The added filters and pet/allergy pack that Woot included sweetened the deal. If you need a robotic vacuum, this is a good one, though I'm not sure how much better this XV-21 model is compared to the one I have.

dakotajohns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dakotajohns

This thing is awesome! I am absolutely amazed at how well it cleans and how it goes in straight lines back and forth. It is very efficient and I love waking up to newly swept floors in the morning. The customer service with the company is outstanding as well!

Go for it! You will not be sorry!!!

flivings2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flivings2009

It definitely feels like the WO is fizzling.

Perhaps some fireworks to lighten it up?

mhodges

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mhodges

I have one of the non-Pet versions.

Pros: Much better than the Roombas we owned in the past. Even the non-pet version picks up all the hair from our Newfie, and in 6 months has never had to be "unwound". Everytime the Roomba ran we had to cut the hair out of it. Also, it does a better job cleaning the entire floor.

Cons: It gets stuck more often than our Roomba did. Also, once it is stuck it will completely drain its battery even if just sitting still, and the clock has to be reset or the schedule will not run. Some days it runs flawlessly, some days it will just catch under/around/on top of everything. It also likes to "mount" music stands or anything with a low angled incline on it.

Still I would definitely recommend them.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

This is the best woot-off EVER and you will buy three.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Raid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Raid

I bought the XV-11 with Pet/Allergy add-ons recently. The wife was NOT happy UNTIL we saw the results. Even after the cleaning lady comes and uses or Oreck or Kirby, this thing will fill it's bin halfway. It's only gotten stuck a couple of times and it is amazing how it finds it's way BACK to it's charging base. Incredible technology!

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

OK, Next?

bluto1221

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluto1221

Best. Wootoff. Ever.

Just bought three.

Yeah! First Bountiful Overflowing Cornucopia - 10/12/11

confused15

So I just bought three of these beauties!!! not really sure why, it just seemed right all of a sudden.

haysatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haysatkins

AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Unless you live in a tile/hardwoood, unfurnished square and still have the patience to bail this POS out every day. I have two from a previous wootoff and I hate them.

mdickinson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages mdickinson

We've had ours for a year and a half and have had excellent results.

As someone mentioned above, the cleaning lady (who is conscientious and careful) finishes vacuuming everything she can reach with a powerful vacuum... and the next day this thing will run and will fill up its bin with crumbs and dust bunnies. I don't know where it finds them, but - wow.

It is much smarter than our Roomba, and (unlike the Roomba) I have not needed to buy it a new battery - not even once.

We like the way it does not run into things the way the Roomba does.

Con: this thing is loud. Not as loud as a regular human-operated vacuum - but loud enough that you won't want it to run at night, or while you are trying to talk on the phone. So schedule it to run while you are out.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
haysatkins wrote:AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Unless you live in a tile/hardwoood, unfurnished square and still have the patience to bail this POS out every day. I have two from a previous wootoff and I hate them.

Well there's your problem. You were supposed to buy 3.

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1
olcubmaster wrote:

MEH!

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

govg33k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages govg33k

Bring it back! I missed it and I need one (not three).

bcb1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcb1

The Neato is better...and worse...than the Roomba 530 series.

Better in the sense that it's a much better vacuum, it picks up far more stuff, it's easier to clean out than the Roomba, and it doesn't bump into stuff, table legs, etc like the Roomba does.

Worse in the sense that it gets stuck on stupid stuff a lot. Underneath chairs and couches especially! How the heck can it get under there, and then not be able to get back out? Dumb. And my XV-21 (from the January woot) got a series of stuck right wheel errors after only using it a handful of times. It's a non-fixable hardware error and to Neato's credit, they will cheerfully ship you out a new unit. Their customer service is nice to deal with.

If this thing were as only as reliable and error-free as the Roomba, it would be perfect. But you'll see in a cursory glance at the message boards on Woot and on various robot vacuum sites on the internet; owning a Neato is a crapshoot. You might get a good one; but there's a decent chance you'll get a lemon and have to have it swapped out.

Once they get their quality control issues fixed; the Neato will be set to take over the robot vacuum market. But not until then.