WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Weider SpeedWeight Dumbbell Sets

We know what it's like to be born to be wild, to have that need for SpeedWeight that can't go untamed, that if left unattended to for too long, will send you into a danger zone. Well, here's the cure you're looking for, to lift away the craving, leaving you feeling as good as Dr. Feelgood.
Weider Fitness official site

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

It would be nice if the 120lb set was kept with the 46-47% off at about $320. You'll sell more than it being price as it is now.

GGA1759

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GGA1759

Also, why aren't these listed under sport.woot.com it would be more fitting.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

GGA1759 wrote:Also, why aren't these listed under sport.woot.com it would be more fitting.

Our site.

Woot is where we list the deals we want to promote because they're new, cool, or really good.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

retropetro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retropetro
GGA1759 wrote:Also, why aren't these listed under sport.woot.com it would be more fitting.

Well by that logic the only thing on Woot.com would be eyeglasses. I think that almost all Woot deals could be in one of those sub catagories. Current deals are:
Sheets = Home
Camera = Tech
Weights = Sport
Water bottles = Sport/Home
Treadmills = Sport
Art = Home
Kitchen Gadgets = Home
RCA TV = Tech
Razer Acc = Tech

chinq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinq

Get some powerblocks. You'll thank me later.

MNBeta03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MNBeta03
chinq wrote:Get some powerblocks. You'll thank me later.

I second that... P-blocks are the best adjustable dumbbell on the market. I have the 90lbs set, great home gym investment.

beautyofmachines

quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines
MNBeta03 wrote:I second that... P-blocks are the best adjustable dumbbell on the market. I have the 90lbs set, great home gym investment.

120lbs set is really 2x 60lbs. So really its a 60lb dumbbell set.

FauxReal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FauxReal

Is the included stand the taller stand up rack shown on the first page or just the little black dumbbell rest seen on the individual product pages?

Coming on strong with some hardcore power...

Wubintheya

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wubintheya

I don't see any value in this deal. For instance the 100 lb set is on Amazon Prime for $299. So for an extra $5 you get free second day shipping and a 30 day return policy at the expense of Amazon. I would consider one of these sets if they were $100 less than Amazon...maybe.

Serafyna

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Serafyna
FauxReal wrote:Is the included stand the taller stand up rack shown on the first page or just the little black dumbbell rest seen on the individual product pages?

(2) 60 lb. adjustable dumbbells
Weights adjust from 15 to 60 lbs.
10 weight settings in 5 pound Increments
Cast iron weight plates
Convenient weight stand

Could we please get a woot staff clarification on this? Is the "stand" included the big metal stand shown, or the chintzy plastic box?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
Wubintheya wrote:I don't see any value in this deal. For instance the 100 lb set is on Amazon Prime for $299. So for an extra $5 you get free second day shipping and a 30 day return policy at the expense of Amazon. I would consider one of these sets if they were $100 less than Amazon...maybe.

I've used amazons return service before, both for stuff I didn't like and for stuff that didn't work right. If you return something just because you didn't like it the shipping is at your expense.
At least it can be returned there, unlike here.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

jpitt57488

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jpitt57488

Just a quick observation...I have the Bowflex selec-tech dumbbells and one downside is they are much longer than normal dumbbells so they can be awkward. These look even longer thus I would imagine they are even more awkward.

osubrndn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages osubrndn

i don't even know what use a set that only goes to 60 lbs is.

not enough for benching
not enough for curls
not enough for military press
certainly can't squat with it
nto enough for shrugs

wake me up when the dumbbells go to 150 each.

pssnyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pssnyder
osubrndn wrote:i don't even know what use a set that only goes to 60 lbs is.

not enough for benching
not enough for curls
nto enough for shrugs

Well aren't we Mr. Olympia! However, I do agree to a certain extent. I wish they just went up to 80 lbs The cost for the 60 lb set (which is correctly stated), is $3.08/lb. This is not a cheap date when compared to buying plain dumbells per pound, but you do pay a price for convenience and also if the weights do in fact come with the metal stand.

osubrndn

pssnyder wrote:Well aren't we Mr. Olympia! However, I do agree to a certain extent. I wish they just went up to 80 lbs The cost for the 60 lb set (which is correctly stated), is $3.08/lb. This is not a cheap date when compared to buying plain dumbells per pound, but you do pay a price for convenience and also if the weights do in fact come with the metal stand.

well it's a really smart idea, i always thought you could find dumbbells for a lil over 1$ a pound, but buying a set of 60 pounds dumbells and a set of 55...and that's 200$ right there w\out much variance. These are certainly the right idea...i just think they need to figure out how to do more weight, w\out them being crazy big as a result.

these are probably more geared towards someone that wants to be lean or is younger or female.

rgarnier

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rgarnier

not enough for benching
not enough for curls
nto enough for shrugs

Really? Bro, you got your burn on?

osubrndn

rgarnier wrote:Really? Bro, you got your burn on?

Those "gym" commercials are designed for people that are intimidated by the gym. noone that values fitness would go to a gym like that.Being fit doesn't make you a dbag, assuming someone fit is a dbag makes you one.

neuromonic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neuromonic

not enough for benching
not enough for curls
nto enough for shrugs

I can't think of very many people who wouldn't get benefit from 60lbs per bell. Plus being able to select the weight quickly is very convenient for circuits.

I can't speak for the quality of this particular product (I have the select-techs), but the concept isn't flawed.

Considering that you'll pay about $240 for the most basic gym memberships, this could server a person very well for quite some time. Once they "outgrow" the set (assuming they do) then can sell it and step up to a legitimate gym membership.

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse
MNBeta03 wrote:I second that... P-blocks are the best adjustable dumbbell on the market. I have the 90lbs set, great home gym investment.

Yep, Powerblocks are the way to go.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
Serafyna wrote:(2) 60 lb. adjustable dumbbells
Weights adjust from 15 to 60 lbs.
10 weight settings in 5 pound Increments
Cast iron weight plates
Convenient weight stand

Could we please get a woot staff clarification on this? Is the "stand" included the big metal stand shown, or the chintzy plastic box?

As noted in the spec box, this includes the stand...which is heavy-duty. The plastic boxes fit on top of it; they are where you rest the dumbbells.

I bought this set last time it came around, after chasing prices. You can find a lot of adjustable dumbbells for about this price — but not with the stand. Or, they want to charge you $100 to deliver it. This is a good deal, complainers notwithstanding.

sugarpike

quality posts: 8 Private Messages sugarpike

...and now he's dead. Weider, that is. Age 93...

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Josef Edwin "Joe" Weider (pron.: /wiːdər/) (November 29, 1919 – March 23, 2013)

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/03/23/joe-weider-fitness-mentor-to-schwarzenegger-dies/

BTW, chain gyms are the ONLY gyms I've ever heard people doucheing it up on phones or acting like puerile fools. Our neighborhood gym has some of the nicest people around, including world champion body builders. I have a nice set of dumbbells but I prefer the walk to the gym and lifting with cool lunks. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Agent019

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Agent019

Target has an offbrand of adjustable free weights for $75 each that go up to 65 lbs so it would be $150 for 130 lbs. I would say that's a bargain.