WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shift Into Photo Gear: Cameras & Accessories

Camera shopping used to mean going to a camera store, where you stood a 1-in-3 chance of an employee asking if you've ever done any modelling, because he's got a setup in the back... Not here. This particular camera store is all about deals on photo stuff. If you do want to explore a modelling career, though, give us a call.

Quality Posts

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Has anyone tried Vine yet? Seen any cool uses for it yet?

Oh, I've seen some pretty impressive stuff.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Itaintrite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Itaintrite

Decent product, but price is meh. You can get this + free battery+charger package for $40 from B&H.

For the light itself, I wouldn't pay more than $30 shipped.

nowoot4u

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nowoot4u

I think you are referring to the Sunpak 30 LED light, and yes, I saw the B&H deal too. 4 NiMH AAs and charger plus free shipping.

The 12 LED unit is the same price as here, with free shipping there.

dave bug

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dave bug

How would I pick which tripod to get?

Itaintrite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Itaintrite
nowoot4u wrote:I think you are referring to the Sunpak 30 LED light, and yes, I saw the B&H deal too. 4 NiMH AAs and charger plus free shipping.

Yeah, the 30 LED one. Did Woot just increase the price? Heh. Well that settles it ;) Same price for less.

tvwazhere

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tvwazhere

The Freestyle cam is a good price. I got it on here for 135 + shipping so 100 is pretty snazzy

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67

The Canon camera is not the T3i, it is the T3.

There is a very big difference.

wikiwicks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wikiwicks

Looking at the Cyber-shot Digital Camera W620 for my kiddo to take pix on our trip to San Diego this summer...

Looked at the Sony online store where the net cost is 80 bucks (ships for free & camera is 80)

So I save 5 bucks if I purchase at Woot instead of Sony. That is so not a perceived value.

**12/26/2008 HP Officejet Pro L7680 Color All-in-One Printer,Fax,Scanner,Copier PLUS HP BT500 Bluetooth Dongle PLUS HP Photo Book 8.5x11

**12/17/08 Pure Digital Flip Ultra Series F230 Camcorder

noiselessinfinity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noiselessinfinity

Figures I'd see tripods on sale here when my B&H order (including a tripod) shipped today.

Kizzbot

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Kizzbot

Sony HDR-CX190/B - I have this camera and have to agree with the reviews that say this camera is just weak in so any areas. This is not full HD, it is absolutely terrible in low light and weak in medium light. After 3 weeks working with this thing I just gave it away to my nephew who in true gave it to his 9 year-old son.

lotusstp

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lotusstp

The Pentax Q dual lens kit is a pretty good deal... the 8.5 mm lens is fairly expensive if not purchased with this kit. It's a good shooter... fills the gap between my Canon S100 and my Nikon V1.

kckckc130

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kckckc130

Swann SWVID-SPORTL Freestyle 1080p

If your looking for just video this is the cheapest /best way to go. All of these have audio problems. Its probably why its only decreasing in value.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
dave bug wrote:How would I pick which tripod to get?

I like the Sunpak one with the fluid-type head and the removable monopod.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

sodabrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sodabrew
lotusstp wrote:The Pentax Q dual lens kit is a pretty good deal... the 8.5 mm lens is fairly expensive if not purchased with this kit. It's a good shooter... fills the gap between my Canon S100 and my Nikon V1.

There's a gap between the S100 and V1?

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
nowoot4u wrote:I think you are referring to the Sunpak 30 LED light, and yes, I saw the B&H deal too. 4 NiMH AAs and charger plus free shipping.

Surprisingly, the cheaper light is brighter at all distances, according to the specs.

victoraron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages victoraron

Guys, are you wooted out of your mind? I can buy this crappy Samsung on Amazon, new, for the same price you are selling a refurbished one.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
victoraron wrote:Guys, are you wooted out of your mind? I can buy this crappy Samsung on Amazon, new, for the same price you are selling a refurbished one.

EDITED because I'm not sure which Samsung you're talking about, I was talking about one I SWEAR was on this deal but I don't see it anymore, sorry about that!

melek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melek

How good are these tripods? Would it be silly not to get one?

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion

FYI on the lights: They work ok for video, but forget it for photography. They are either on or off and have NO sync ability whatsoever.

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

chalion

quality posts: 8 Private Messages chalion
melek wrote:How good are these tripods? Would it be silly not to get one?

It depends on what you are using them for. For video capture with a P&S or mirrorless cameras or videocameras which weigh less than 8 pounds, they will work ok. For taking that once-in-a-lifetime shot, you may want to look into getting something better. These are useful because of how little they weigh, so carrying them for backpacking or hiking is less strenuous than packing heavier, more stable tripods. I'm not sure how dependable the pistol grip is, since this is a common failure point when used alot. The pan and tilt head is mostly used for video capture, since you can pan side to side to follow moving objects, like at autoraces, bike rallys, etc.

Recommended signature image size is 5k.

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba

Does anyone know if the HDR-CX190/B will stream live through USB to a computer for storage? I would love to hook this up to a computer as an HD video feed and possibly broadcast it over the interwebs like an IP camera!

tikipunkgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tikipunkgirl

I have a Sunpack tripod that I absolutely love and it doesn't even break down into a monopod. You will not be disappointed if you pick this one up. The pistol grip is pretty darn cool to work with too.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn
chalion wrote:FYI on the lights: They work ok for video, but forget it for photography. They are either on or off and have NO sync ability whatsoever.

Your advice is partly in error.

These are not flashes, they are continuous light, always on, so there is no reason to "synch" them for still photography.

Constant lighting for still photography has been used for 100 years. It enable "modeling" (placement) of light and shadows.

I wouldn't put one on the top of my camera for the same reason I would use a direct flash there, but that is another issue.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

pats73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pats73

ABSOLUTELY! They are as rugged as they come and for the PRICE !! you'd' be MAD not too! ESPECIALLY if you don't have one yet! YOU'LL LOVE IT! and wonder WHY haven't I invested $40 to take the blurry photos Ive been taking (especially zoomed) AWAY! ;) DO IT, DO IT !

Hmmmmm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hmmmmm

The Panasonic seems like a good deal. This similar one,

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Sensitivity-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B00728ZBA2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364214804&sr=8-3&keywords=Panasonic+DMC-ZS19K+LUMIX

Is $240. I can't tell if they are the same, but they are pretty close.
I just lost my Nikon on a class field trip and I think this will make a great replacment.

y2kjackal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages y2kjackal

The ZS19 is almost identical to the ZS20. The ZS20 has less internal memory and has GPS where the ZS19 has more internal memory without GPS. I've been on the fence about purchasing the one here. Best Buy had them at around $170 new just after Christmas. I'd rather buy new and am hoping BB will do that again.

jamesdeanstelma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesdeanstelma

I'm not sure exactly what situation deems a product refurbished, but is anyone else questioning the quality of this camera if Woot has SO many to sell?

Earl Wajdyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Earl Wajdyk
dave bug wrote:How would I pick which tripod to get?

Heavier camera, more tripod. Extra steadiness, more tripod. I have one that is just a few inches shorter than I am, and believe me, next time I will go for the taller one, as long as the legs are sturdy.

Xntric

alanisrox69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alanisrox69

I bought the Panasonic Lumix 20x camera, advertised with a 4GB SD card, but it actually came with a 8GB Class 4 SDHC card! nice bonus!

doublebay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doublebay
radi0j0hn wrote:I like the Sunpak one with the fluid-type head and the removable monopod.

I just received this tripod today and it is an excellent tripod and value. Looked all over for Monopod with removable camera screw mount, were very expensive. For $45 was able to get tripod and monopod with even a spare camera mount. Also it is a great height for me and I am over 6 feet tall, so not much bending over to look at viewfinder.
Thanks Woot!

ayesquiddy

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ayesquiddy
pats73 wrote:ABSOLUTELY! They are as rugged as they come and for the PRICE !! you'd' be MAD not too! ESPECIALLY if you don't have one yet! YOU'LL LOVE IT! and wonder WHY haven't I invested $40 to take the blurry photos Ive been taking (especially zoomed) AWAY! ;) DO IT, DO IT !

I did it but am sort of wishing I hadn't. Got mine a couple days ago and out of the box, one of the leg claps doesn't really work properly (first time I tried to extend it), so the tripod is prone to collapsing. Which is sorta the opposite of the point.

Support's advice is to arrange a warranty repair with the manufacturer, which looks like it's going to cost me anywhere between 50-100% additional money.

Sigh.

Looks like I'll just eat the fifty bucks.

Feels like the opposite of woot. Which I suppose is foom.

remyaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remyaa

kinda disappointed i havent gotten my 400 camera yet. i guess you get what you pay for with shipping.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

remyaa wrote:kinda disappointed i havent gotten my 400 camera yet. i guess you get what you pay for with shipping.

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on your order.

If you feel there is an issue with the shipment of your order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions you may have.