ebee56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebee56

Usually pretty confident when I order from woot! but this was a bit of a bummer. Right out of the box, the lens cover was partially open and fingerprints all over the lens. Ok, I can clean that up no worries, right? But it won't charge. I plugged it in and the light flashes about 15 secs then stops. No charging. Tried charging without the brick using another usb charger, same results. I don't want to spend any more on it and find out there's something wrong with the camera body itself.

jbrid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbrid

Got mine yesterday and it was dead on arrival. Tried to charge it and nothing happened, no light, no charge, no power. I am trying to get in touch with Nikkon now. I am wondering where this will lead. Disappointed...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jbrid wrote:Got mine yesterday and it was dead on arrival. Tried to charge it and nothing happened, no light, no charge, no power. I am trying to get in touch with Nikkon now. I am wondering where this will lead. Disappointed...

Since it arrived DOA, feel free to email support@woot.com for some options.

davebihn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davebihn

Here it is late on 3 April and still sitting on the fact that my shipping label has been created. woot! just ain't fast enough sometimes...

A week more has gone by. Where's my stuff??

jbrid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbrid

So, I have had a very interesting experience with Nikon on this. Here's what went down...

1. I receive a DOA camera
  2. I send it back to Nikon at my expense (~US$5)
  3. Nikon sends it back to me and it is still DOA
  4. I talked to Nikon yesterday. They said that even though I sent them the charger and the battery along with the camera, there is no guarantee that the service person actually tested it with my charger/battery. The customer service rep told me that it is likely the battery. She goes on to tell me that the battery is not covered under warranty and emails me a link to a US$37 replacement battery. You're kidding me right?
  5. I cordially end the call

Woot was great about this. I emailed them yesterday and asked if I could get a refund. They said sure, and sent me a return shipping label. Thanks Woot! Done with Nikon.

AVspec

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AVspec

I just started taking some pictures with my Nikon S9300 and I am having the same problem a lot of people mentioned over on Amazon with most of the pictures being very blurry? Anyone else having this problem or did I get a defective refurb?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 140 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

AVspec wrote:I just started taking some pictures with my Nikon S9300 and I am having the same problem a lot of people mentioned over on Amazon with most of the pictures being very blurry? Anyone else having this problem or did I get a defective refurb?

Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with your purchase.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your order please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be more than happy to help you out.

ORDER CANCELLATION: now within 15 mins, click here for more details...
Need Some Help? Hit us up at support@woot.com
Have Any Questions? Check out Woot FAQ
Wanna Hear What's Going on All Things Woot? Swing by Our Blog

furicks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages furicks

I would recommend NOT purchasing this camera.

I have this camera from last time it was on Woot. Honestly the features are pretty good and it takes nice photos.

Major Issues with Eye-Fi memory cards and maybe others. I Frequently have to remove and reinsert memory cards to get the camera to read them. It says "This card cannot be used" about half the time I turn it on.

I called customer support and they told me I could send it in for repairs but it WOULD NOT be covered by warranty.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

furicks wrote:I would recommend NOT purchasing this camera.

I have this camera from last time it was on Woot. Honestly the features are pretty good and it takes nice photos.

Major Issues with Eye-Fi memory cards and maybe others. I Frequently have to remove and reinsert memory cards to get the camera to read them. It says "This card cannot be used" about half the time I turn it on.

I called customer support and they told me I could send it in for repairs but it WOULD NOT be covered by warranty.

Did they say why it wouldn't be covered? It looks like you're withing the stated 90-day Nikon warranty (barely).

You might contact support@woot.com to see if they have some suggestions.