WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

It's Always Sony

DO YOU WATCH "ALWAYS SUNNY" ON A SONY? HOW IS IT, BUDDY? WHY ARE WE USING ALL CAPS? BECAUSE THAT'S HOW PEOPLE TALK TO EACH OTHER: BY CONSTANTLY SHOUTING, JUST LIKE THEY DO IN THAT SHOW! AHHHHHHH WE GOTTA FIND A WAY TO GET THOSE CREPES BACK FROM THE HOOKER! 
Sony official site

Eratosthenes


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Eratosthenes

The 32" looks like a great deal! Only 720p rather than 1080p like the rest of the TVs, but for most people that won't be a big deal. 1080p is a rarity among the 32" class because it's generally considered irrelevant, given the optimal viewing distance for a 32" screen (however, I respectfully disagree - I made sure my 32" was full HD).

Anyway, the biggest downer about these TVs is that all of them, even the big ones, are limited to only two HDMI ports. Phoo.

traquy


quality posts: 54 Private Messages traquy

Damn you old crappy stove that died this week!! I would totally buy the 32" if we hadn't just had to spring for a new range. Although I guess not burning down my kitchen is just a little more important than bedroom entertainment...

madmatt2024


quality posts: 2 Private Messages madmatt2024

I can't stand how all of them have the component and composite video inputs combined. Huge deal breaker for me.

mysteryegg


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteryegg
traquy wrote:Damn you old crappy stove that died this week!! I would totally buy the 32" if we hadn't just had to spring for a new range. Although I guess not burning down my kitchen is just a little more important than bedroom entertainment...



Casondra


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Casondra
madmatt2024 wrote:I can't stand how all of them have the component and composite video inputs combined. Huge deal breaker for me.



Bah! Same thing for me! I might as well complain about only having 2 HDMI ports while I'm at it! *whine*

maxcap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxcap

After looking at the tech specs, I figured out why the 42" is more expensive than the 46".

The 42" has much more picture processing options, most notably MotionFlow, which boosts/fakes the video source up to 120hz. It also has edge LED backlighting as opposed to the CCFL (fluorescent lights) of the 46". LED lighting tends to be more even than CCFL and doesn't get dimmer over repeated use.

Ignace


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

^^^ thanx max

ECP


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ECP

anyone know if the headphone track controls work on android? If so, in for 3

volscrazy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages volscrazy

Is it refurbed by Sony?

alanhwoot


quality posts: 40 Private Messages alanhwoot

It's just a 90 day Woot warranty, so I would guess not.

dogcow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogcow

Kounan, Minato-ku is actually smack-dab in the middle of Tokyo. A US equivalent for the area naming would be "Williamsburg" for "Kounan" and "Brooklyn" for "Minato".

Agent019


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Agent019
Eratosthenes wrote:The 32" looks like a great deal! Only 720p rather than 1080p like the rest of the TVs, but for most people that won't be a big deal. 1080p is a rarity among the 32" class because it's generally considered irrelevant, given the optimal viewing distance for a 32" screen (however, I respectfully disagree - I made sure my 32" was full HD).

Anyway, the biggest downer about these TVs is that all of them, even the big ones, are limited to only two HDMI ports. Phoo.



I wish I could say that's true, but these are refurbished for a reason. These are most likely the ones sold at Walmart during Black Friday sales. My mom had the exact model the 32" is and it went bad after 3 months. I would stay away from these.

bratkitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratkitty
dogcow wrote:Kounan, Minato-ku is actually smack-dab in the middle of Tokyo. A US equivalent for the area naming would be "Williamsburg" for "Kounan" and "Brooklyn" for "Minato".



If by "Williamsburg", you mean "Midtown", and by "Minato", you mean "Manhattan", I think I would agree with you.

itoaseik


quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

WOOT! HOW DARE YOU ACCURATELY CHARACTERIZE A SHOW I LIKE! I WILL NOW OVERREACT WITH A COMPLEX SCHEME FOR PETTY REVENGE, THAT WILL INNEVITABLY BITE ME IN THE ASS!

maxcap wrote:The 42" has much more picture processing options, most notably MotionFlow, which boosts/fakes the video source up to 120hz.



I make no claims to being an expert, but I have read several bad reviews on "fake" increased refresh rates, in general. I would look for real 120Hz if you care about that.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

i bought one. now i'm agonizing over whether i should spring for squaretrade.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.