bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple
jsh139 wrote:Anyone know if this will work with Lightning connector devices? (iPhone 5, iPad 4, etc). Yes, I know it can play via AirPlay and 3.5mm input. The description says it will dock/charge via USB with 30-pin connectors. Will it also dock/charge with Lightning connectors?

Owners manual says: "STANDARD USB INPUT: Connects/Plays/Charges most iOS Devices (cable not included) (charge time depends on type of iOS Device)."

However, since this speaker came out in 2011, prior to the Lightning connector, that claim does not mean much.

I've found that most of my pre-lightning stuff works fine once you have the Apple adapter (not inexpensive). Of course since this speaker uses USB (smart thinking) to connect Apple devices rather than built-in 30-pin or Lightning plugs, your existing Lightning cable is all you need.

Here's the link to their product page - the owners manual is in the bottom left corner:

http://www.klipsch.com/gallery-g17-air

emmiefrank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmiefrank

Just want to confirm with all of those who understand all of this much better than I do. I wanted to get this to play music off of my Apple TV. I have speakers inside, but wanted to use this outside (or in other rooms) to expand the system.Thank you so much!

xxooss

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xxooss
mikem53 wrote:Maybe if u quit complaining and read the specs, you would see its compatible with other devices..

Maybe if you were more perceptive you would understand the "will it work with a black-and-white TV" phrase and somehow understand the sarcasm.

Soeasytohate

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Soeasytohate

"First sucker: JizJizJiz"

i lol'd

freddylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddylou

I don't have wireless in my home, but do have an iphone connected to Verizon. Can I use this product?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rhanlives wrote:Do you ever feel like a Middle School teacher?

More often than you know. LOL.

I guess it gets conversation going... as long as you use your nice words and inside voices. And at least attempt to stay somewhat on topic.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jsh139 wrote:Anyone know if this will work with Lightning connector devices? (iPhone 5, iPad 4, etc). Yes, I know it can play via AirPlay and 3.5mm input. The description says it will dock/charge via USB with 30-pin connectors. Will it also dock/charge with Lightning connectors?

No. We would definitely mention that if it did.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:More often than you know. LOL.

I guess it gets conversation going... as long as you use your nice words and inside voices. And at least attempt to stay somewhat on topic.

mwmccleary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwmccleary
tumadreconcaso wrote:Picture on woot.com main display seems to show a weird trinagular gap on the right side around the controls - but other pictures show this gap does not exist.

That is not a gap/part of the photo. That is part of the Text Bubble/Lightning Bolt for the description/chat excerpts next to it. Change the angle of your screen a bit and you will see it is a graphic overlaying the picture.

cbdrum1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbdrum1
asmcavoy wrote:I've been looking for an indoor speaker system recently. I was very close to buying the BOSE Sound link and now theres this Klipsch. Is it worth dropping the extra $100 for the BOSE?

There is one big difference between these two systems. The Bose Soundlink is intended to be taken with you and can be played without being plugged in. The Klipsch must be plugged into an outlet for power. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this prior to making a decision.

johnbgavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnbgavin
bluemaple wrote:Oh please stop the Apple-hate whining - it comes off sounding jealous.

If you don't like Apple stuff, don't buy it... or the accessories that go with it!

But BTW, this works fine with any device that has a headphone jack.

aquaholik8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aquaholik8
SpeedRacerXT wrote:No Bluetooth, no deal! The world doesn't revolve around apple technology and all their proprietary mess - I'll wager my Jambox sounds just as good.

So true especially for the price.

bluemaple

quality posts: 74 Private Messages bluemaple

SpeedRacerXT wrote:
No Bluetooth, no deal! The world doesn't revolve around apple technology and all their proprietary mess - I'll wager my Jambox sounds just as good.

aquaholik8 wrote:So true especially for the price.

'Sorry, but for sound quality, the Jambox is a toy compared to this device. The Jambox sounds like a just-average speaker... taped to the end of a pipe. And yes I've heard it.

CharlesBurns

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns
SpeedRacerXT wrote:No Bluetooth, no deal! The world doesn't revolve around apple technology and all their proprietary mess - I'll wager my Jambox sounds just as good.

Bluetooth audio is very lossy and extremely horrible quality. It may be hard to tell through Bose speakers or similar, but through a decent set it's not hard to notice how much audio detail you miss out on.
I'd stick with Bluetooth for mobile phones, but go lossless for better music.

CharlesBurns

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CharlesBurns
asmcavoy wrote:I've been looking for an indoor speaker system recently. I was very close to buying the BOSE Sound link and now theres this Klipsch. Is it worth dropping the extra $100 for the BOSE?

I suggest you read a review of any Bose speaker in any professional audio review publication or any knowledgeable forum, such as AVSForums.com.
Bose is the joke of the industry, with such nicknames as "Bose: Buy Other Sound Equipment."
The quality of construction is terrible -- cheap foams, lots of plastic. They are, however, really good at marketing.

They do make good, though insanely overpriced noise-cancelling headphones. The _sound_ isn't good, but the noise cancelling feature works very well.

They also make the "Wave Radio". Yes, it is probably the best sounding alarm clock radio. It better be for the price, though!

Their loudspeakers, however, are hilariously low-quality. They are so obviously bad that I use "What do you think of Bose?" as an honesty test for salesmen and an intelligence test for music enthusiasts.

joecel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joecel

The speaker does in fact work with the lightning connector. I have one, it works.

joecel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joecel
ThunderThighs wrote:No. We would definitely mention that if it did.

The speaker does in fact work with the lightning connector. I have one, it works.

babaseballcoach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages babaseballcoach
nmchapma wrote:Then maybe it would sound equally amazing in the state just above it?

On a map there is a state above it but actually above any state would be air, space and the Death Star.

clashway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clashway

I understand this deal is over but lets face it: this is the third time I've seen this particular unit on woot, and I hope to see it again. Airplay is NOT limited to Itunes. http://getporthole.com/ (Porthole) is a program that lets you stream music from your entire computer to multiple airplay speakers. http://dangercove.com/airvlc/ (AirVLC) is a program that lets you stream audio from a video to all your airplay speakers. (check them out to see the demos and what not) AirVLC is helpful to reduce the immense lag associated with streaming airplay speakers. THEY ARE NOT FREE, but neither is freedom, (they are a little over $20 for both). i hope this helps someone who is on the fence. I bought one of these and they work amazing. they are still priced at $500-$550 on some sites, and are ranked #2-#10 Airplay speakers of 2013. I recommend these!!

graemeiam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages graemeiam

Anyone hear of a wireless network connectivity issue with these?

Just got mine from Amazon and I for the life of me cannot get them to connect to my network. The direct airplay stream from any of my iOS devices works, but connecting to the home network always ends with a blinking blue light.

All setup steps have been done in proper order; the unit has also been factory reset to and still same result.

I am thinking it is either a firmware issue or something to do with my router: Apple Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Any help would be appreciated!