tagbiker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tagbiker
johnt007871 wrote:Does yours do carpet only or hardwood also?

Actually, my entire house is tiled, the only other floor covering is a rug in the living room. Neato does bare floors very well, the brush is a bristle and rubber squeegee blade mix, and since it actually pulls a suction it does phenomenal on bare floor. It does pretty well on the rug too. I would venture it does better on bare floor than my roomba did, but the neato does not have the side sweeping rotating brush to clean edges like the roomba. I prefer the neato myself. My neato is the xv-21 or whatever the pet model is.

munra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages munra

Any expreince with cables? Such as under a computer desk? Does it roll over them or try to go around?

SBourassa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SBourassa
alecialene wrote:So my husband and I would really like one of these, but I have a cat that tends to barf regularly. I worry that this would end up being a huge mess. We have laminate floors that we would use it on...

Seriously - has anyone dealt with this situation that can say one way or the other?

The trick is to manually set the vacuum off as you are getting ready to go out in the morning so you can keep an eye on most of it and be gone through the least amount in my experience.

krylanna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krylanna
alecialene wrote:So my husband and I would really like one of these, but I have a cat that tends to barf regularly. I worry that this would end up being a huge mess. We have laminate floors that we would use it on...

Seriously - has anyone dealt with this situation that can say one way or the other?

I fixed this problem by changing my cat's food. ;) But seriously, this is a totally valid concern. I do not auto-schedule cleanings, just to be absolutely certain.

techkyle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techkyle

I bought the Assault Roomba. Works as advertized.

Jayrod521

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jayrod521
munra wrote:Any expreince with cables? Such as under a computer desk? Does it roll over them or try to go around?

Smaller cables I would probably hide as best as possible. The only thing mine contends with is a fairly heavy duty HDMI cable that goes from under a rug to the entertainment center, about 3 feet of it is exposed. The neato just kind of goes over it, sometimes having to take an angle. But it's definitely too big and heavy to be sucked up by it.

But yeah, a loose phone charger or something might cause it some trouble.

Jayrod521

SBourassa wrote:The trick is to manually set the vacuum off as you are getting ready to go out in the morning so you can keep an eye on most of it and be gone through the least amount in my experience.

This. I try and set mine for right about the time I'm going to wake up, every Friday. It's better than any alarm clock, plus my cat always jumps off the bed to go watch it. And by the time I head out the door, it's usually completed its first cycle. And in my place, if it has to recharge, it's only got a little bit left to do.

Majority of the time I come home to find it back at its base, but on occasion I'll find it stupidly lost somewhere.

Jayrod521

techkyle wrote:I bought the Assault Roomba. Works as advertized.

This is one draw back to Neato. It has sensors mounted on the top, so a cat can't sit on it. Maybe a bird or hamster or something.

I keep meaning to put a decal or something on it though

stealthbid

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stealthbid
joemacangel wrote:Hmmm... Very tempting, and but I just moved to Belgium, military stuff. They don't ship to APO on this, but there are other ways to get it here, but no worries.

My big question is... Are they 220? Or 100-240?

I believe it is dual voltage and can be used overseas, based on an Amazon Q&A:

iS THE xv-21 comes with international power adapter for 110-220 VAC? Can such be ordered? Jan 31, 2013
It can be used in both 110-220 VAC. No need for adapter. I have been using it with 220VAC without problems.
Feb 9, 2013 by P

It's buried in this link:

http://tinyurl.com/c45wl67

HTH

wangtinglvshan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangtinglvshan

It's very usefully ,I need another one ,I hope it can be sold once time .