WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptops for Every Personality

We know you can buy a laptop with a quick click of a mouse, but the real question is which laptop will choose you? Sometimes there will be an undeniable physical attraction; sometimes the compatibility will be in your personalities. We can't tell you which laptop is your match, but we're pretty confident that we've got a few lookers for you.

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

Dell Inspiron 17R-7720 -- Pretty sure I just ordered this exact same laptop, granted with 3yr Dell service, for our business for $1188.99.

Great price IMO.

socceruci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socceruci

it looks like every personality is 17 inches

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

It also looks like every personality doesn't include a thinkpoint. (That little red thing that Thinkpads have.)

steve

(edit)After looking at the laptop on Tech.Woot!, Lenovo doesn't have the red mouse, either. {/edit)

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Woot needs to get into the practice of providing feature matrices when offering multiple devices like this. Who has the time to wait for 9 or 12 items to open, then open the specs tab, then get back and go through it all over again for all devices. A spec matrix would allow us to focus only on those devices that have all the features we need.

You've already done most of the work. You take the spec tab info from each device and make one matrix out of it. Easy peazy, any 15 y/o British high school kid could do it. Woot can't?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

jzzbassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzzbassman
mschauber wrote:Woot needs to get into the practice of providing feature matrices when offering multiple devices like this. Who has the time to wait for 9 or 12 items to open, then open the specs tab, then get back and go through it all over again for all devices. A spec matrix would allow us to focus only on those devices that have all the features we need.

You've already done most of the work. You take the spec tab info from each device and make one matrix out of it. Easy peazy, any 15 y/o British high school kid could do it. Woot can't?

Not only they can't, but they are perfectly happy selling you a laptop with way different specs and not making a fair offer for it.

My wife needed a new laptop so I bought her a Dell Latitude last week. She was super excited, rushed it out of the box, spent 2 hours transferring files, then went to go load office and found out that contrary to the listing, it shipped with NO OPTICAL DRIVE at all.

To Woot's credit they gave everyone an immediate $30 credit or would take it back. Still find that pretty lacking considering the cheapest optical drive I've found for that model is DOUBLE that, and after she spent all the time with it shipping it back sucks too.

Seems like a pretty damn big error to me, and after I complained they offered $10 off my next purchase which I still find chintzy.

I just know I would never buy another laptop from Woot again. :/

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
socceruci wrote:it looks like every personality is 17 inches

Exactly my thought. 14.1" and below please. The idea is to be productive on the go, not turn the airplane into a drive-in theater (that lasts 50 mins lol).

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

The 17r-7720 Quad Core has a dedicated video card. I find it rare to see unless custom ordered in either desktops or laptops. It's rare to even see them on Woot. Good job Woot!

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

kshots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kshots

I know people tend to complain about HP computers, but any particular comments regarding the HP ENVY DV7-7243CL vs the Dell Inspiron 17R-7720 in this deal? They look pretty similar spec wise (though the HP has 12GB DDR3 RAM) and it's $115 less.

eddieeddy1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eddieeddy1

Laptops for Every Personality!!*

*(So long as you like 17.3" screens)

lankylars

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lankylars

You'd think that some of these 17" laptops with discreet graphics could at least have a 7200RPM hard drive...

For what my opinion is worth (and it's not much), I got a Dell XPS 14 recently - the XPS line has improved a lot in build quality.

The 17" models here would make pretty good desktop replacements for most people.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg
firebirdude wrote:Exactly my thought. 14.1" and below please. The idea is to be productive on the go, not turn the airplane into a drive-in theater (that lasts 50 mins lol).

That's ok. Cells phones will come with 14inch screens soon.

TC1 USCG Ret

Lonewolf911

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lonewolf911

Been looking for a desktop replacement- any thoughts on the HP DV7 with the Core i7... I notice it's missing a Blu-Ray, but it seems to be good spec otherwise. Decent buy?

Parodius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Parodius
tc1uscg wrote:That's ok. Cells phones will come with 14inch screens soon.

iPad Mega to the rescue.

philosopherott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philosopherott

If the cheapest optical drive you found was $60+ you where not looking very hard.

jzzbassman wrote:Not only they can't, but they are perfectly happy selling you a laptop with way different specs and not making a fair offer for it.

My wife needed a new laptop so I bought her a Dell Latitude last week. She was super excited, rushed it out of the box, spent 2 hours transferring files, then went to go load office and found out that contrary to the listing, it shipped with NO OPTICAL DRIVE at all.

To Woot's credit they gave everyone an immediate $30 credit or would take it back. Still find that pretty lacking considering the cheapest optical drive I've found for that model is DOUBLE that, and after she spent all the time with it shipping it back sucks too.

Seems like a pretty damn big error to me, and after I complained they offered $10 off my next purchase which I still find chintzy.

I just know I would never buy another laptop from Woot again. :/

mkc286

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkc286

I wanted to buy the Dell Inspiron 17R-7720 but missed cutoff of the event. I think Woot should repost this event or the item