WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Breitling Watches

A watch isn't a cell phone clock. It isn't a wall clock. It isn't a desk clock or a tower clock or a town crier shouting TWO O'CLOCK AND ALL's WELL all night long. But it is a near-universal sign of class and elegance. So you might as well get a nice one, right?
Breitling official site

bigshtank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigshtank

Can I put these on layaway? I can do $5 a month.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bigshtank wrote:Can I put these on layaway? I can do $5 a month.

Uhmmmmmm, no.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Does woot have a new target market? I don't even spend that much on my car... ;P

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

joetron2030

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joetron2030

If these are covered under Breitling's warranty, they're a steal!

If only I had $6K laying around... LOL

jbarese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbarese

If you have it wear it!
Insure it as well. I have several high end watches never had an issue wearing any of them!
Relax it's just a watch!

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

joetron2030 wrote:If these are covered under Breitling's warranty, they're a steal!

Yep. 2 Year Breitling.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

How are you selling these on the internet? Breitling is notorious for not allowing internet sales.

jha1223

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jha1223

Squaretrade eligible? Woah ... what in the world would it cost on one of these things?

smoberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smoberg

No offense Woot! but if I was going to drop 6K on a watch, it wouldn't be through here.
Almost all watch manufactures require their products to be sold through authorized retailers in order for the warranty to be honored. There's many horror stories on Amazon where owners get no love because it was purchased through an internet site instead of a brick and mortar store.

That... and I don't have 6K to drop on a watch

tewkewl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tewkewl

woah. i mean, sure, i love breitling, but the prices... wow. bring back the raymond weil or maybe like a hamilton or something...

sree25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sree25

Does these watches come with Breitling Manufacture warranty.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Ah, I remember the days when Woot! first got started, selling merchandise that fell off the back of the cart. A left-shoe, a dirty head of cabbage; but at a bargain. Back then, the only staff was Mr. Woot's pet monkey, collecting payment in a tin cup.

Actually, I don't think I remember any of that. I may be going senile, and probably ought have paid full price for those SIGG water bottles I've been drinking out of. But the point is, Woot! is selling watches for six-thousand dollars. That just kicks onager.

sree25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sree25

Does this come with complete breitling warranty papers, box and covers international breitling warranty.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

sree25 wrote:Does this come with complete breitling warranty papers, box and covers international breitling warranty.

Yes, yes, and yes.

TravCleek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravCleek

Move that decimal over to the left a couple times and you've got yourself a deal!

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhmmmmmm, no.

ok, I'll bump it to 20

iyahfyah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iyahfyah

Breitling watches have nowhere near the resale value as some watches at a comparable price ie. Rolex. For 8k you can get a DateJust that will have a resale value up to about 5k for the next 5 years verses these watches that are already marked 50% down. Just because something is on sale doesn't automatically make it a good deal. If you are interested in buying a high end watch, PLEASE, I implore you, consult a reputable high end watch dealer that will give you the dirty on the world of "luxury" watches.

theroseknows

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theroseknows

Anyone willing to pay $6000 for a wristwatch doesn't deserve the $6000 in the first place.

"It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money." -PT Barnum
(Or someone of the same ilk.)

jearly0000

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jearly0000

these make great stocking stuffers, in for 3

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

Wow Woot, police these posts much? You didn't like my post about how we miss the old Woot?

conhopper

quality posts: 19 Private Messages conhopper
newfiepage wrote:Yes, yes, and yes.

Tempting.

What is a buyer's recourse in the event that Breitling decides not to honor the warranty due to the watch being purchased over the Internet?

derp

Homercles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Homercles

No thanks. I just bought a car for this much and it has a clock in it.

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

Every time I sees the Breitlings come around I hope for the Skyracer Ravens to be in the mix, since that is what I've always thought had the coolest movement in it (preferably a blue-faced version, if we're talking about wish lists ;) )I'd hit the big fat button so hard.... But alas, nobody else on earth has my taste, and it appears to have gone the way of the dodo. *sigh*. I do hope Breitling aims to bring back a B01-based version one of these days.

back to considering the $39 Animal Trackers Train Set...

hogsmog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hogsmog

Am I the only one around here who thinks it unlikely that anyone with enough money to buy these watches would check a daily deals website which mostly involves saving $10 on plastic frogs?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

hogsmog wrote:Am I the only one around here who thinks it unlikely that anyone with enough money to buy these watches would check a daily deals website which mostly involves saving $10 on plastic frogs?

what chu talking bout' Willis?!

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

For those of you checking: Yes, I am pretty sure this is the most expensive woot! ever.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

dhonsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhonsinger

Now, if they'd had a couple of these in some Bowls of Chowder the other day, THAT would have been "the old woot!".

Sorry, Amazon, but I think you've dragged woot! over the shark.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Holy crap those are expensive!

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
bigshtank wrote:Can I put these on layaway? I can do $5 a month.

Well, if you lay away with with the right sugardaddy/mommy, you just might get yourself a Breitling without waiting...

sdc100

The only thing that is keeping me from buying is the hope that I may get one in my next Bag-of-Crap...

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
iyahfyah wrote:Breitling watches have nowhere near the resale value as some watches at a comparable price ie. Rolex. For 8k you can get a DateJust that will have a resale value up to about 5k for the next 5 years verses these watches that are already marked 50% down. Just because something is on sale doesn't automatically make it a good deal. If you are interested in buying a high end watch, PLEASE, I implore you, consult a reputable high end watch dealer that will give you the dirty on the world of "luxury" watches.

100% correct

Jayrookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jayrookie
theroseknows wrote:Anyone willing to pay $6000 for a wristwatch doesn't deserve the $6000 in the first place.

"It is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money." -PT Barnum
(Or someone of the same ilk.)

100% ignorant

Nad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nad

Are these macintosh compatible?

sdc100

beaglebrains wrote:Holy crap those are expensive!

It's a bargain compared to this watch I found on Amazon (which links to an outside vendor, Ashford). Yep, it's ON SALE for $166,320. That's 37% off its retail price of $264,000. And shipping is FREE. Yippee. Better grab it before the Internet sales tax becomes law. At 8% sales tax, that's an additional $13305.60!

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

No precious metals, no gem stones...

What makes these watches worth that kind of money?

ekarlw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ekarlw

"it is a near-universal sign of class and elegance."

My Casio and extra ~$6K are wondering about "intelligence"...

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool
iyahfyah wrote:Breitling watches have nowhere near the resale value as some watches at a comparable price ie. Rolex. For 8k you can get a DateJust that will have a resale value up to about 5k for the next 5 years verses these watches that are already marked 50% down. Just because something is on sale doesn't automatically make it a good deal. If you are interested in buying a high end watch, PLEASE, I implore you, consult a reputable high end watch dealer that will give you the dirty on the world of "luxury" watches.

While I agree with you, Woot will never get access to Rolex. The best deal I ever got on a Rolex was 15% off and I bought it over seas.

Woot might be able to get Tag's or Omegas. Omegas are very nice watches, I'd be all over a Sea Master at 40% off.

bobconnely

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobconnely

So, I bought a Breitling... only to find, now, that it has lost a huge chunk of its investment value because some 20-something "marketing genius" at the Factory cut a deal with Woot. GREAT FOR Woot! Sucks to be any of us who paid MSRP.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

I wish you had some of the Navitimer watches on this deal.