WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Center Point Mountable Video Cam

Speed to First Woot:
1m 56.000s
First Sucker:
mykidstaxi
Last Wooter to Woot:
roguecmdr
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 37% of Woot.com Woots
Top 35% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 13% of Woot.com Woots
Top 9% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 17% first woot
  • 8% second woot
  • 27% < 10 woots
  • 21% < 25 woots
  • 27% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 14% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 13% one year old
  • 71% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 86% bought 1
  • 9% bought 2
  • 5% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

3%
2%
1%
1%
1%
2%
3%
4%
6%
10%
10%
8%
6%
5%
5%
6%
4%
3%
3%
3%
4%
3%
3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


fdude454


quality posts: 4 Private Messages fdude454

obligatory Russia comment

nflaum


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nflaum

Does anybody know if this comes with a car mount or if there's one available for it?

w3kn


quality posts: 9 Private Messages w3kn

$99.99 at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Centerpoint-CPAC2X-ActionCAM-Digital-Camera/dp/B008S9P31G

79 woots and counting!

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Found the manufacturer's page.

http://centerpoint.crosman.com/cameras/CPAC2X

They mention real guns, but barely.

renatuslives


quality posts: 13 Private Messages renatuslives

Will this only operate via the installed battery or can it take something like a CR123?


w3kn


quality posts: 9 Private Messages w3kn

Haven't been able to find a review anywhere for this camera. Either it's brand new or nobody's buying it.

79 woots and counting!

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
renatuslives wrote:Will this only operate via the installed battery or can it take something like a CR123?



Owner's manual doesn't mention being able to remove the battery.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPAC2X-515.pdf

lichme


quality posts: 3127 Private Messages lichme

Can this be used to find out who keeps stealing my hot pockets at work?

rajuorbhikhu


quality posts: 1 Private Messages rajuorbhikhu

i am SHOCKED not to see a Texas sale yet...or Arizona....

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
lichme wrote:Can this be used to find out who keeps stealing my hot pockets at work?



Yes. And just to be safe, I would mount it on top of a rifle rigged to shoot the person taking your hot pockets.

Kev50027


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Kev50027

I wonder if this could handle the unique vibrations created by a spring piston air rifle like the TR77 that keeps popping up on woot. Spring piston rifles have been known to destroy scopes not designed for them. Also, how do you aim with a video camera taking the place of your sights?

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lichme wrote:Can this be used to find out who keeps stealing my hot pockets at work?



cappo


quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo
lichme wrote:Can this be used to find out who keeps stealing my hot pockets at work?



I suspect ROGETRAY.


prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
Kev50027 wrote:I wonder if this could handle the unique vibrations created by a spring piston air rifle like the TR77 that keeps popping up on woot. Spring piston rifles have been known to destroy scopes not designed for them. Also, how do you aim with a video camera taking the place of your sights?



I was thinking I would mount it on the side rails of my Beretta CX4, but I'm pretty sure this camera can't handle it.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cappo wrote:I suspect ROGETRAY.



They're delicious! Can you blame me?!
My favorite is the Cheeseburger one.

markmc27


quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27
prttymf8 wrote:I was thinking I would mount it on the side rails of my Beretta CX4, but I'm pretty sure this camera can't handle it.



These are amazing at showing you were you are screwing up at the range. A great learning device.

But as you say I think your Berretta would shake it to pieces.

nick186


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nick186

I would also like to know if there is an adapter to place on a car....

I have a contour gps cam and i usually use it when i go offroading with my truck

heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nDYOkz1b4&feature=share&list=UUgw4M7SHxVt3Re4nKrqt6xw

If there is a car mount im in for three so i can mount them in different angles without switching them all the time!!!

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
nick186 wrote:I would also like to know if there is an adapter to place on a car....

I have a contour gps cam and i usually use it when i go offroading with my truck

heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nDYOkz1b4&feature=share&list=UUgw4M7SHxVt3Re4nKrqt6xw

If there is a car mount im in for three so i can mount them in different angles without switching them all the time!!!



I don't know what the size of the threading is on the back of the camera, but this could work if compatible.

http://www.amazon.com/ARKON-CMP214-Windshield-Cameras-Thread/dp/B00585CLY0/

cantharis


quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis
renatuslives wrote:Will this only operate via the installed battery or can it take something like a CR123?



I think it has a builtin battery which can be charged using a USB cable.

This is perfect for my paintball gun which has a picatinny rail BUT I only play once a year LOL

bunkerking2k5


quality posts: 12 Private Messages bunkerking2k5

I'd pass on this. For 50$ more this camera comes out soon and has much better resolution, and the customer service from monoprice is great! http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/10159?mainCategoryId=117&categoryId=11704&subCategoryId=1170401

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
bunkerking2k5 wrote:I'd pass on this. For 50$ more this camera comes out soon and has much better resolution, and the customer service from monoprice is great! http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Product/Details/10159?mainCategoryId=117&categoryId=11704&subCategoryId=1170401



Are you trying to say that the Woot customer service staff are a bunch of lazy jerks? Because that's rarely true.

nick186


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nick186
prttymf8 wrote:I don't know what the size of the threating is on the back of the camera, but this could work if compatible.

http://www.amazon.com/ARKON-CMP214-Windshield-Cameras-Thread/dp/B00585CLY0/



WOOT! can we get a photo of the back of the camera or a confirmation on the type (if any) of the thread on the camera?


[MOD: See this post for pics.]

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

prttymf8 wrote:Are you trying to say that the Woot customer service staff are a bunch of lazy jerks? Because that's rarely true.



Thank you! lol

DBoulant


quality posts: 2 Private Messages DBoulant

It attaches to rails, which you can get for cheap to use for any other mounting applications you'd need. plus it'd be quick to detach.

I concur though, the shock that firearm gives it's attachments can render it to the dust/recycle/hazmat bin quite quickly.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nick186 wrote:WOOT! can we get a photo of the back of the camera or a confirmation on the type (if any) of the thread on the camera?



Not sure if we can get a photo this late at night, but I will see about any threading info I can find.

Thanks ;)

nick186


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nick186
ROGETRAY wrote:Not sure if we can get a photo this late at night, but I will see about any threading info I can find.

Thanks ;)



THANK YOU SIRRR!!!!!!

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nick186 wrote:THANK YOU SIRRR!!!!!!



Here's the manual btw:
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPAC2X-515.pdf

Doesn't seem like any info there, or hints that today's sale is threaded...

The search continues...

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
ROGETRAY wrote:Here's the manual btw:
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPAC2X-515.pdf

Doesn't seem like any info there, or hints that today's sale is threaded...

The search continues...



The last picture in the manual shows some kind of threading to attach the camera to the mount.

CharlesP2009


quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

So to take video of my friends I have to point a gun at them? Hmmmm...

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nick186 wrote:WOOT! can we get a photo of the back of the camera or a confirmation on the type (if any) of the thread on the camera?



The features list that the cam can be mounted on a "5/16 threaded bow mount". I'd surmise that the camera can be mounted on ANY 5/16th threaded mount (not just for a bow).

Is this helpful?
I can also call for a confirmation.

nascarfrk


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nascarfrk
ROGETRAY wrote:They're delicious! Can you blame me?!
My favorite is the Cheeseburger one.


Personally I believe the best tasting Hot Pocket is the Barbecue beef !!! Yummmy !!!

nick186


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nick186
ROGETRAY wrote:The features list that the cam can be mounted on a "5/16 threaded bow mount". I'd surmise that the camera can be mounted on ANY 5/16th threaded mount (not just for a bow).

Is this helpful?
I can also call for a confirmation.



yes this is very helpful, it would be great to have a confirmation on it(i guess in the morning?)

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

nick186 wrote:yes this is very helpful, it would be great to have a confirmation on it(i guess in the morning?)



I'd personally stick with the specifications. 99.9% of the time they're straight/direct from the manufacturer.

I can get a confirmation later this morning at around 6am CST, but as it stands I would be assured that the specification listed for today's sale are accurate.

chefbooyadee


quality posts: 38 Private Messages chefbooyadee
nick186 wrote:I would also like to know if there is an adapter to place on a car....

I have a contour gps cam and i usually use it when i go offroading with my truck

heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nDYOkz1b4&feature=share&list=UUgw4M7SHxVt3Re4nKrqt6xw

If there is a car mount im in for three so i can mount them in different angles without switching them all the time!!!



I'm not sure I'd suggest these for cars, as there is no information about the viewing angle available, even from the manufacturer's website, which is a bad sign.

The Contour cameras all use wide angle lenses(at least 135 degrees), but I'm not so sure this camera has the same due to how it's designed.

heredavid


quality posts: 0 Private Messages heredavid
prttymf8 wrote:Owner's manual doesn't mention being able to remove the battery.

http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/CPAC2X-515.pdf



I looked for an hour and NO WAY would I purchase any thing that does not give specs..90 days and the battery dies and you are out of $50, which is why is it 1/4 the MSR...


[MOD: We have confirmed that it carries a limited lifetime warranty with Center Point.]

d4tonyd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages d4tonyd

Isn't 1/4 X 20 standard for most cameras and mounts?
I don't know anything about bow mounts, but a standard car mount might be too small.
Shouldn't be difficult to fabricate an adapter.

Ill By N E Thing

devexityspace


quality posts: 25 Private Messages devexityspace

I guarantee if you put this on a real gun that has any amount of recoil, it will break the it..

a .17 or .22LR would be safe, but don't go putting this on a Glock 21 .45ACP

Bunnies Ogling Carrots Count: 6
Todd's Dirt: 6
Monkey Count: 3
Woot Lights Count: 1
Leak Frogs: 0

CaviMike


quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike

"Can use any standard 30mm optics"

Can someone please explain to me what exactly that means? I don't see anything on there anywhere that shows it can accept lenses.

Personal info is personal.

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
devexityspace wrote:I guarantee if you put this on a real gun that has any amount of recoil, it will break the it..

a .17 or .22LR would be safe, but don't go putting this on a Glock 21 .45ACP



I'm going to mount it on a 959 JDJ