WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kitchen Utensil Party

Birthdays, anniversaries, achievements -- all reasons to celebrate, but not as good of a reason as us having kitchen utensils for sale. How often does something this wonderful occur? Grab your party hats and start throwing confetti, then start buying kitchen utensils. And please buy plenty of 'em. We've gotta make payments on our yacht.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Wow. How hard would those batter tools be to clean? Batter is hard enough to clean off a hook or paddle. Lets add another half dozen tiny crevices to clean out.

And I said this last time, but those Emile Henry pieces are worth their weight in gold. And then some. Clean amazingly, and durable, cook evenly too. Microwave and oven safe.

groupiegirlnj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages groupiegirlnj
countdown wrote:Wow. How hard would those batter tools be to clean? Batter is hard enough to clean off a hook or paddle. Lets add another half dozen tiny crevices to clean out.

Not that hard? It's dishwasher-safe...

10 Woots
2 Wine Woots
1 Shirt Woots
... and counting

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

The Batter Tool has some good reviews on Amazon, it sells for $9 and change. So, unless you unlock free shipping not worth it to buy from here.
http://www.amazon.com/Tovolo-Silicone-Better-Batter-Tool/dp/B004Q3QUKQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1364307947&sr=1-1&keywords=tovolo+batter+tool

Also, not so good reviews on the mixing bowls by they are almost half price compared to Amazon.

hardcandy189

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189

I bought the Cuisinart casserole dish and the half-n-half cupcake pan on previous Woot's and I love them both. Definitely great to have around the kitchen for a change in the normal cooking routine.

IdahoCrystal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCrystal

RE: The two-toned cupcake pan - A regular spatula (The bowl-scraping kind) works just as well to separate batters while your fill cupcake cups if you absolutely must make dual-flavored cupcakes. Just sayin'...

Timing is everything.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
groupiegirlnj wrote:Not that hard? It's dishwasher-safe...

You must have a really good dishwasher... Or not know what batter is.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Dadoboy
countdown wrote:You must have a really good dishwasher... Or not know what batter is.

I don't know what 'Batter' your talking about using a hook.. Maybe 'Dough?'. The batter I am thinking it would be use for is cake batter, or pancake batter, or even a good omelet. All those could just rinse off under hot water, and a dishwasher would indeed clean it.

badtec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badtec

The "Wootbot Says" for the half-n-half cupcake pans is classic. Fits perfect with the song melody. Someone must get paid well for writing this stuff. :-)

robotclaws

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robotclaws

Does anybody have any experience with using the cast iron Cuisinart pot on an induction range? My parents just got a new stove and I want to make sure this will work! I've read anecdotal reports about some enameled cast iron not working with induction.

conand19

quality posts: 4 Private Messages conand19

It would be nice if they said what model this is and what the size is in inches. Hard to tell how big it is by amount it holds. Will it hold an oven roaster chicken? A big roast? Anyone have an idea?

NewMaster

quality posts: 16 Private Messages NewMaster

Amazon has the Mauviel pan for 5¢ cheaper plus free shipping.

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

shun yanagiba is cheaper on overstock

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Shun-Pro-10.63-Inch-Yanagiba-Knife-VG0270Y-270-mm/4372894/product.html

shun deba is cheaper as well

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Kai-Shun-Pro-VG0105D-Deba-105-mm-Knife/4372882/product.html

[MOD: Both are out of stock.]

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
robotclaws wrote:Does anybody have any experience with using the cast iron Cuisinart pot on an induction range? My parents just got a new stove and I want to make sure this will work! I've read anecdotal reports about some enameled cast iron not working with induction.

That's seems odd. Induction works by magnetic field and cast iron is very magnetic. If the enamel was super thick, I can see it being a problem.

plasticpopcorn4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4

so does someone at woot have to bake cupcakes for the pic or are these from the tin makers?

slarra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slarra

The Cuisinart enameled cast iron pots are awesome.

I bought 3 of the round 7.5 qt Dutch oven pots on Woot about 3 years ago (at $40, as I recall, worthy of an epic WOOT!), and I've been waiting for them to come around again.

We love our 7.5 qt Cuisinart cast iron enamel Dutch oven pot, using it almost every day (on a gas range/oven, so no feedback re. induction stovetop). I especially like that the knob on the lid is metal, so that sucker can go into a 500F oven when I bake bread in it (many other cast iron dutch ovens - even the super expensive ones - have a plastic knob on the lid, which is usually only rated to 350-400F).

The only negative things I can say about these Cuisinart pots is that the enamel will chip if you bang it with something equally hard (like the lid smacking the side of the pot). And, we found out that (surprisingly?) the paint was permanently dulled by JetDry, the rinse agent used in dishwashers (my wife, for some reason that seemed like a good idea at the time, soaked the pot in a sink full of water with a high concentration of JetDry, and even auto polish can't restore the hazy paint back to its original glossy appearance). Oh, and the ivory/cream-colored inside of the pot will become stained (permanently) by the many things you'll cook in it, but I think that's inevitable and somewhat endearing as an indicator of its heavy use.

It's a bit hard to discern, but I'm pretty sure these 5.5 qt casserole pots are oval, not round.

The typical price on the Internet for this 5.5 qt casserole is $100, so this is a good deal, particularly with the $5 shipping (and, especially, if you maximize that shipping value by buying 2 or 3).

Sheesh - I sound like a shill for Cuisinart, but I just REALLY like their line of enameled cast iron pots!

blzben

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben
conand19 wrote:It would be nice if they said what model this is and what the size is in inches. Hard to tell how big it is by amount it holds. Will it hold an oven roaster chicken? A big roast? Anyone have an idea?

From what the Amazon product description: 15.6 x 10.9 x 6.2 inches.

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

If anybody's wondering about those Kuhn Rikon knives I bought some last month. The paring knives are great. The spatula/chopping knife is no great shakes. It does what it says it will do, but I get much better and faster results for onions, garlic and herbs with a chef's knife. And you can't use it to smash garlic cloves unless you're looking for a little filet of hand in your soup.

Still, for the price, especially if you're already paying shipping today for something else, it's a good deal just for the paring knives.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

I bought some of the Kuhn Rikon knives the last time they went around, and really like them (both the paring knives, at least).

Please note - the pattern is on ONE SIDE only. So, if you like things symmetrical, this may bug you.

Also, I have to keep them out way WAY out of reach of children. For some reason, the design attracts their attention. They will go to great lengths to try and get them, where they would leave an ordinary looking knife alone.

flyrice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flyrice

Love the features here

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
aycheung wrote:shun yanagiba is cheaper on overstock

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Shun-Pro-10.63-Inch-Yanagiba-Knife-VG0270Y-270-mm/4372894/product.html

shun deba is cheaper as well

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Kai-Shun-Pro-VG0105D-Deba-105-mm-Knife/4372882/product.html

It's easy to sell stuff for less when you don't have any to sell. Those are out of stock.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

plasticpopcorn4 wrote:so does someone at woot have to bake cupcakes for the pic or are these from the tin makers?

Sometimes someone bakes them (often the buyer). Sometimes it's vendor supplied photos.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

flyrice wrote:Love the features here

Whoops. I'll report that.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sdc100

quality posts: 502 Private Messages sdc100
robotclaws wrote:Does anybody have any experience with using the cast iron Cuisinart pot on an induction range? My parents just got a new stove and I want to make sure this will work! I've read anecdotal reports about some enameled cast iron not working with induction.

Cast iron is the ideal material for induction because it is completely magnetic. An enamel layer should have no effect unless it's REALLY thick, i.e. 3/4"? Those anecdotal reports may apply to enameled cast iron cookware which adds a bottom layer of some other metal, i.e. copper. That can block the electromagnetic field from reaching the iron.

Regardless, these pots should e fine since the description states, "Extreme versatility safe stovetops (including induction), ovens and broilers." Since Woot usually lifts the text directly from the manufacturer, I think you're safe.

robotclaws

quality posts: 1 Private Messages robotclaws
sdc100 wrote:Cast iron is the ideal material for induction because it is completely magnetic. An enamel layer should have no effect unless it's REALLY thick, i.e. 3/4"? Those anecdotal reports may apply to enameled cast iron cookware which adds a bottom layer of some other metal, i.e. copper. That can block the electromagnetic field from reaching the iron.

Regardless, these pots should e fine since the description states, "Extreme versatility safe stovetops (including induction), ovens and broilers." Since Woot usually lifts the text directly from the manufacturer, I think you're safe.

Great! Thank you very much for the response!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Thanks Woot..Fastest shipping ever! Looking forward to trying out some new casserole recipes soon.