WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Closet Solutions

There's only one solution to not having enough closet space: MORE CLOSETS! Oh, wait, that's not an option? Ummm. There are TWO solutions to not having enough closet space: more closets and THE CLOSET ORGANIZERS THAT WE ARE SELLING RIGHT NOW. There. There you go.

golnectr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages golnectr

3 out of 5 stars on amazon priced $13.44 with prime shipping at

http://www.amazon.com/Shoes-Hanging-Closet-Storage-Space/dp/B0002M6AMS

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

The $8 10 pack of Magic Hangers is only $8.25 on amazon and qualifies for prime shipping.

The $15 Shoes Away Hanging Shoe Organizer is $13.56 at Amazon and qualifies for Prime.

...Come on guys, you can do better than that.

hardcandy189

quality posts: 6 Private Messages hardcandy189
thumperchick wrote:The $8 10 pack of Magic Hangers is only $8.25 on amazon and qualifies for prime shipping.

The $15 Shoes Away Hanging Shoe Organizer is $13.56 at Amazon and qualifies for Prime.

Not everybody has a prime account in which case you would have to spend $25 to get free shipping. So it is really not comparable.

efiore

quality posts: 1 Private Messages efiore

The details for the 10" closet solution list the product as being 17" wide.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

efiore wrote:The details for the 10" closet solution list the product as being 17" wide.

Whoops. Can you say "Copy/Paste error"? I'll let them know. Thanks for pointing that out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
thumperchick wrote:The $8 10 pack of Magic Hangers is only $8.25 on amazon and qualifies for prime shipping.

Well, they did, kinda......
They're not charging $79 a year to join Prime.

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
bruce57 wrote:Well, they did, kinda......
They're not charging $79 a year to join Prime.

They also aren't giving you 2 days shipping and a video library...

Even before I had prime, I never ordered less than $25 on Amazon - so everything always qualified for Super Saver Shipping. These items do. Though, I guess once you unlock shipping on woot, the hangers would technically be cheaper.

debplatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages debplatt

So I am looking at the 10 inch, Collapsible Storage Drawers (http://www.woot.com/offers/10-collapsible-storage-drawers), and the specs say it is 12 inches wide. Does not compute...

ComputerGeekAZ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ComputerGeekAZ

The magic hangers got pretty poor reviews on Amazon. 2 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-Hangers/product-reviews/B0027E4NXM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Guess I'm not buying any... :-/

Woots=67, Items=unknown, Woot-Offs=12

..::||Score||::..
WOOTS:67 SHIRTS:9 WINE:0

MastaHanky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MastaHanky

The shoe organizer isn't very useful unless you have small feet. I wear a Men's 11, and the only pairs of shoes that would fit in it as pictured were some of slim dress shoes. Sneakers were a bit too big, and anything with a thick sole like Fluevogs or Doc Martens (do people still wear those?) were right out.

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister

Trademark Home 10" Lighted Hanging Closet Organizer Sage is $16.99 at Sears with free store pickup.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
MastaHanky wrote:The shoe organizer isn't very useful unless you have small feet. I wear a Men's 11, and the only pairs of shoes that would fit in it as pictured were some of slim dress shoes. Sneakers were a bit too big, and anything with a thick sole like Fluevogs or Doc Martens (do people still wear those?) were right out.

If you need room for larger shoes, get the 10" organizer. I have one (no lights) and my Docs (yes, those of us with bad feet still wear those) fit easily.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
ComputerGeekAZ wrote:The magic hangers got pretty poor reviews on Amazon. 2 stars.

http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-Hangers/product-reviews/B0027E4NXM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Guess I'm not buying any... :-/

I am not sure how much space they save BUT if you have any fashioned challenged people in your home (such as Dh or your kids) they do a great job of organizing outfits so no one wonders what goes with what. All matching items can go on the same magic hanger, just put it on & instantly match. I am not saying anyone in MY house needs this kind of help, but I also am not going to say that they don't. LOL

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

bswxc5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bswxc5
MastaHanky wrote:The shoe organizer isn't very useful unless you have small feet. I wear a Men's 11, and the only pairs of shoes that would fit in it as pictured were some of slim dress shoes. Sneakers were a bit too big, and anything with a thick sole like Fluevogs or Doc Martens (do people still wear those?) were right out.

I also have this situation with the 10" organizer, and I only wear size 8--I'm a little guy. If you try to fit a full pair in one box you have to really squeeze them together--which isn't good for the shoe.

If you decide to get this, go ahead and get two so you can put in shoes one-by-one by each other. Otherwise, they are good for hats and... hats.

Really it just isn't as good of a product as the idea is.

Go with the larger one. I'm sure it will be much more useful.

scapsinger

quality posts: 22 Private Messages scapsinger

I have a couple sets of the Magic Hangers that I bought....um, well, not entirely sure, but over 10 years ago. I had them through college and they were really handy in those tight closets. I was just looking at them in the closet the other day and thinking I need to go find out if they still existed.

For me, they've always worked as advertised. I see a ton of bad reviews on Amazon, but I've never had any problem. I do only have lightweight shirts (polos, dress shirts) on them, so maybe if you're hanging jeans and heavy stuff on them they'll break. I wouldn't know, I've never had an issue.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 33 Private Messages turtlegir1

To clarify, the "drawers" come with 2 drawers, per order, right? Because the picture shows 2, and it's plural. But then the "specs" say (1) drawers....