WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shape Up For Spring

Maybe you're a square that wants to lose half its size and become a triangle. Maybe you're a rectangle looking forward to fitting into those square pants again. Whatever shape you are, and whatever shape you want to be, exercise can help! Stock up and slim down.

Quality Posts

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

Thanks, Woot (and ahh-dee-dos), for the great idea! I'm going to make a triangular box out of some cardboard and wrap it vinyl. I'll weigh it down with some sand or kitty litter and sell it to folks for $39. I'm gonna be rich.

thehappyfermata

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehappyfermata
factotum wrote:Thanks, Woot (and ahh-dee-dos), for the great idea! I'm going to make a triangular box out of some cardboard and wrap it vinyl. I'll weigh it down with some sand or kitty litter and sell it to folks for $39. I'm gonna be rich.

Actually, that's a $49 vinyl wrapped triangular box of sand. Or maybe you were planning on undercutting? :-P

I'm super curious what their % markup is; I was very surprised to see that this was just 1 hurdle in the description. Perhaps this is an error? either way, it's silly NOT to improvise something at home to serve the same purpose (if that's your thing).

dhomstad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dhomstad

Also, you wouldn't even have to replicate their design. A hurdle can be made out of anything that doesn't hurt you when you knock it over, and stands firm in the wind.

Connected PVC

And this one looks like they removed a part from a lawn chair.

thehappyfermata wrote:Actually, that's a $49 vinyl wrapped triangular box of sand. Or maybe you were planning on undercutting? :-P

I'm super curious what their % markup is; I was very surprised to see that this was just 1 hurdle in the description. Perhaps this is an error? either way, it's silly NOT to improvise something at home to serve the same purpose (if that's your thing).

daniel M Homstad

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

I bought some weights during the wootoff. They were tossed in a big box with a couple of things of Texas air and shipped out. I am suprised that they didn't cause the tape to give way and the weights to not complete the trip.