WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Polar Heart Rate Monitors

You only get one heart (unless you're a vice-president) so you'd better make it count. Keep track of how fast it goes with these monitor watches and for Heaven's sake EXERCISE MORE! And lay off the bratwurst and fries.

jreyes7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jreyes7

Polar RS800CX-Multi Training Watch

Could someone please confirm what's included with this product. I saw an image that shows the Heart Rate Monitor and GPS sensor but they are not itemized under "Whats in the Box" tab.
Please clarify.
thanks

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jreyes7 wrote:Polar RS800CX-Multi Training Watch

Could someone please confirm what's included with this product. I saw an image that shows the Heart Rate Monitor and GPS sensor but they are not itemized under "Whats in the Box" tab.
Please clarify.
thanks

Good catch. We are checking with the vendor.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Riallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riallin

Polar RS300X-OR has a description including the G1 GPS and the S1 Footpod, but they don't appear under the "in the box" tab (as do the FT60s)... Coincidence, or simple misdirection?

ThunderThighs

Staff

The Multi, Bike, and Run models have been updated to show what comes "in the box". Hope that helps.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

Riallin wrote:Polar RS300X-OR has a description including the G1 GPS and the S1 Footpod, but they don't appear under the "in the box" tab (as do the FT60s)... Coincidence, or simple misdirection?

In th box has been updated. Should be all better now. Holler if you still have a question.

akrulzny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akrulzny

How is this a good deal when FT80 model is sold for under $200 on amazon??

[MOD: Not seeing it. Make sure you're looking at the right model.]

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

ridiculously confused.

so want to spend money.

ok...let's start with an easy one.

When they say "Available in XS/S and M/L"...what exactly does "xs/s" cover? Any suggested torso dimensions??

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

so many variations. which one would I need if I want to use it during bowling.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

I'm interested in the Wearlink+ Hybrid. I know this has RunKeeper integration but can I use it in the gym with RunKeeper (or does someone know another way to get the bpm with Android?), does anyone know?

crisdopher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crisdopher

I have owned Polar sports gear in the past.

Generally, the RS800 is a VERY good watch and the whole system works together very well. I rarely had signal problems between the watch and the footpod or HR monitor. I would assume the bike speed sensor maintains connection just as well.

Build quality is superb - slick and sleek. However, the S1 footpod is just to big and clunky, so if you're a runner, make sure you get the S3. I ran the Houston half-marathon with this Polar and the S3 and was pleased to be able to note by the data afterward (which you can quickly check on your watch and later in depth on the computer) that I ran perfect negative splits the whole way.

The HR monitor is also good, but seems to need batteries more often than the other bits of the system. It is nice the monitor snaps off and allows you to wash the chest strap. I stopped wearing the chest strap because it just wasn't worth the hassle for the data I was getting. Get it only if you really need it for zone training or have a heart condition. (Can say the same about all HR monitors I guess.)

I will say that these are the same prices I paid eight years ago...I'd have hoped that this stuff would have gotten cheaper since then.

Now...computer syncing. HUGE pain in the butt. I have a black-and-white TV and the proprietary tracking program wouldn't work through WINE, so I ended up using Parallels and then Bootcamp. The IR stick needs a specific driver that doesn't necessarily come with Windows! And not just any IR stick will work - it has to be Polar's. Your watch has to be in the PERFECT position relative to the IR stick when syncing, so you may need a USB extension to help you get (and hold) good alignment while syncing data. That said, once the data is synced, it is great to be able to see it and examine in depth how your workouts are going.

Probably the best feature I liked about the training software was the ability to create workout plans, upload them to the watch, and then allow the watch to guide my run. You know...specific intervals and whatnot.

Now, why don't I own this anymore? Besides that I wasn't using the HR monitor, I realized I was always carrying my phone anyway, for music, and once I downloaded RunKeeper (and now use both RunKeeper and PanoBike while cycling), all of my speed and distance tracking was taken care of. I wasn't concerned with tracking those things on treadmills (as they have their own readouts), so... I sold it.

Summary: if you're into serious training (including targeted heart rates) and have a modicum of computer acumen, this is a fine fitness watch system - top of the line. But if you're a beginner or just need something to track distance and speed, just use your phone or a more bargain model of fitness watch.

cmas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmas

Does this work with Endomondo on a Motorola Android phone?

christopherchairs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christopherchairs

is this compatible with Nike plus?

giolee88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages giolee88

did anyone else have their HRM arrive DOA? First time Ive received unexpected carp from woot. *sigh*