happyfrappy85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happyfrappy85

I just barely placed an order. Of course, just after I clicked the buy button, I realized that I have the wrong shipping address!

I did fill out the e-mail form. Is there no other way to contact support? It's somewhat time sensitive - the quicker I can get the address fixed the better.

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
happyfrappy85 wrote:Is there no other way to contact support? It's somewhat time sensitive - the quicker I can get the address fixed the better.

Sadly no. The only way to reach support/service is the form, which goes to support@woot.com.

Your order will probably ship to the wrong address. Woot has changed is shipping policies and as a direct result, packages arrive much faster, BUT changes are almost impossible to make. As soon as your order goes through, a shipping label is created. The label goes in the stack with thousands of other labels. Someone pulls the label and ships your stuff. Once you hit the submit button, it's game over.

UNLESS you happen to get VERY lucky, your order will ship, to the wrong address. Whoever lives there refuses delivery (if you're lucky) and your order goes back to woot, at which time they will most likely refund your money, rather than send your order to the new address.

Sorry. I find it irritating too. Since this change, you have to be absolutely sure of your details before you order.

happyfrappy85

thumperchick wrote:Sadly no. The only way to reach support/service is the form, which goes to support@woot.com.

Your order will probably ship to the wrong address. Woot has changed is shipping policies and as a direct result, packages arrive much faster, BUT changes are almost impossible to make. As soon as your order goes through, a shipping label is created. The label goes in the stack with thousands of other labels. Someone pulls the label and ships your stuff. Once you hit the submit button, it's game over.

UNLESS you happen to get VERY lucky, your order will ship, to the wrong address. Whoever lives there refuses delivery (if you're lucky) and your order goes back to woot, at which time they will most likely refund your money, rather than send your order to the new address.

Sorry. I find it irritating too. Since this change, you have to be absolutely sure of your details before you order.

Suckdom!!! It's an office building, so I'm sure it'll get refused and sent back, but I'll still end up waiting longer to get my goodies if I get them at all. I love woot, and I get why they only do customer service through e-mail, but there are obvious downfalls...

pcrockett83

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pcrockett83

I wouldn't even count on getting results by e-mail. I e-mailed support about the same problem once, but instead of correcting the shipping address, they canceled the order.

thumperchick

I would like to clarify that the peeps at support@woot.com are not in the same location your item(s) are being shipped from. They are unable to do anything more than what they say they can do. I know it's frustrating, but in this case, it's a system issue, not personnel.

happyfrappy85

There's a happy ending to my story! Support mailed me back in time yesterday afternoon to cancel my order. A refund will be issued, and I can order my item again - to the *right* address this time!

happyfrappy85

thumperchick wrote:I would like to clarify that the peeps at support@woot.com are not in the same location your item(s) are being shipped from. They are unable to do anything more than what they say they can do. I know it's frustrating, but in this case, it's a system issue, not personnel.

Oh, I totally understand that it's not personnel. I've worked in customer/technical support before and I understand how it is. I'm not trying to be an ass - it's just a frustrating system in cases like these when quick help is needed. Props to them, anyway, for answering my e-mail in time to do something about the order.

thumperchick

happyfrappy85 wrote:Oh, I totally understand that it's not personnel. I've worked in customer/technical support before and I understand how it is. I'm not trying to be an ass - it's just a frustrating system in cases like these when quick help is needed. Props to them, anyway, for answering my e-mail in time to do something about the order.

Yay for happy results! Perhaps you could edit the title to say [RESOLVED] in the front?

ETA: Perfect!