zoesmisery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zoesmisery

Has anyone seen or bought a Woot Bag O' Crap??

I've been a member of Woot since Nov. 2010, peruse the sight daily & buy occasionally, but have NEVER seen a Bag O' Crap offered... I'm beginning to think it's all rumor and conjecture.

Thoughts??
Jessica

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
zoesmisery wrote:Has anyone seen or bought a Woot Bag O' Crap??

I've been a member of Woot since Nov. 2010, peruse the sight daily & buy occasionally, but have NEVER seen a Bag O' Crap offered... I'm beginning to think it's all rumor and conjecture.

Thoughts??
Jessica

Not a myth and several people here have purchased them. Most of the times they were offered during Woot-Off's and were very difficult to get.

Personally I'm in the low teens for Bunch of 60s Cartoons purchases. My best item was a telescope. Worst item, I have a lot of that. Here is a link to the last Bunch of 60s Cartoons I was able to score (5/22/12).

Unfortunately, they are not offered for sale here anymore.

threepiecewoot

quality posts: 20 Private Messages threepiecewoot

I have never purchased one. I've seen a few, however.

lichme

quality posts: 2652 Private Messages lichme
threepiecewoot wrote:I have never purchased one. I've seen a few, however.

Rofl. Priceless.

renrutnairbwoot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages renrutnairbwoot

Hey threepiecewoot! Can you tell me why the whole Bag of Crap fun went away shortly after you stopped being in charge of it?

It has been really miserable meeces lately and I have quit following woot! as closely as I used to. I saw they had a Bag of Crap yesterday, but I saw it about 9 hours too late.

http://tools.woot.com/offers/random-crap-33

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007
renrutnairbwoot wrote:Hey threepiecewoot! Can you tell me why the whole Bag of Crap fun went away shortly after you stopped being in charge of it?

It has been really miserable meeces lately and I have quit following woot! as closely as I used to. I saw they had a Bag of Crap yesterday, but I saw it about 9 hours too late.

http://tools.woot.com/offers/random-crap-33

Well, obviously he took all the crap with him!

Seriously though, I would say it is mainly a profitability concern.

eq52515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eq52515

Nice to see ya again TPW.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

I had to check to make sure this thread wasn't created yesterday.

Yes Virginia, there is a Beany or Cecil. As a matter of fact had you (or I) been paying attention to the new Tools & Garden Woot! yesterday one would have noticed they were selling bags of manure.

And yes, they were in reality the elusive Beany or Cecil of which you've heard.

Cel-O-Brate Manure!

Go figure.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick

You have just made my day. Thank you.

urbanabuckeye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urbanabuckeye

What has happened to the infamous Bag O Crap? I haven't seen any for quite a while!!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
urbanabuckeye wrote:What has happened to the infamous Bag O Crap? I haven't seen any for quite a while!!

Really? Because they sold one yesterday on tools.woot...

Steve34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steve34
thumperchick wrote:Really? Because they sold one yesterday on tools.woot...

I'm pretty excited I was able to get one. Shipping says it won't be here until 4/9 though

NCT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NCT
zoesmisery wrote:Has anyone seen or bought a Woot Bag O' Crap??

Thoughts??
Jessica

I just received the Basket of Cairn Terrier I ordered from the Tools and Garden Woot ( totally happenstance since I just clicked on that tab out of curiosity ) Well, here are the contents :
- Gildan Ultra Fleece Stadium Blanket
-Fila Performa Tech polo (XXL)
-Gildan Safety Green long sleeve T (L)
-Woot shirt USA Hamburger and Fries T (M)
-Chuck Norris Plushy figurine
-Nascar disposable rain poncho
-Nascar disposable emergency sleeping bag
-Nascar 5 in 1 Emergency Whistle
-SnapStraw Easy sip straw and cap
-BARRY'S BOOTCAMP EXERCISE TUBING W/ANKLE CUFFS
-Recycled tote bag (S)

Was a little sad there was no HDTV in the box but still it was my first ever Basket of Cairn Terrier and I felt like a kid at Christmas time!

pmillsrulz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pmillsrulz

The Basket Of Crabs is not a myth! I, too, received one during the tools & garden fest! I've been so busy, I haven't followed proper procedure upon the receipt of my Bucket of Crumpets. I received lots of fun things, including a package of toothpicks, very nice stainless steel bowls, a woot! shirt, 2XU bicycle shorts, a collapsible hairbrush, and some other things that have been dispersed and admired. I did the *snoopydance* when the package was brought to my door. I also received a very nice, men's large black cycle jacket, lightweight and breathable.

I'm score- and stat-keeper for our local lacrosse team, which is in it's third year and still building. We don't have much money for extras, but I knew exactly what I was going to do with that jacket. I had it embroidered with our team captain's name, number, and the team logo. He received it at one of our team dinners and that 17 year old boy's face lit up like the sun! Thank you for offering Bags of Candies! Thank you so much for spreading some joy around the country! Thank you so much for all you do! Thank you, woot!

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Warms my heart to see you again, TPW. Cheers! to fond memories, and well wishes for new ones.

Best regards.

Bmorabito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bmorabito

I have bought 5 bags of crap in my life time been a member since 09. It use to be that I would only see them on the woot off's. then I stop seeing them on there at all. Then one day there was this new woot site for tools and garden where it happen to be where they were selling a BOC. I was able to buy it. At first I thought it was a joke until it arrived at my office. There was some good stuff in there but the highlight of the box was the size 10 Callaway Golf shoes brand new. They fit me perfect.

Brian morabito

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

I've had a few Bandoleers of Carrots in my day. Most were truly worthlessly crappy, though the last one I got had some decent stuff that I still use everyday (including a nice cover for my Galaxy Tab 7+)

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc

I bought one just the other day, they are a bit rare to see tho.

http://www.woot.com/offers/5e4f2bcb-abfb-44f2-8e2c-d68093d1b4bd