WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

ArtWall Van Gogh Canvas Art

You know, if it was our birthday, we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than having a bunch of people come together and hand us money for our paintings. If van Gogh was still alive, we think he'd probably feel the same. So celebrate his birthday by buying some of his paintings, and frankly, your home'll probably look better with his paintings than the ones we made.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Where's the one of the Tardis exploding? Hehehehehe

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

RICHARDLYMAN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RICHARDLYMAN

What are the sizes in inches?
Thankyou

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

i love the almond branches. we have this hanging in our entry way. the red edition looks really nice as well. that is the first time i have seen it in red.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RICHARDLYMAN wrote:What are the sizes in inches?
Thankyou

Each is available in multiple sizes. Click on one to go to the sale detail page. You'll see a drop down box to select a size.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brianjordan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianjordan
ThunderThighs wrote:Each is available in multiple sizes. Click on one to go to the sale detail page. You'll see a drop down box to select a size.

I understand the length/width - but what is the depth of the frame?

ThunderThighs

Staff

brianjordan wrote:I understand the length/width - but what is the depth of the frame?

About 1.5"

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dunderhead

quality posts: 7 Private Messages dunderhead

These are beautiful.

regards,
dunderhead

kelly0519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelly0519

I bought a piece of their art off of Amazon and the quality was absolutely horrible. Never again will I buy a piece of art from this company. If I'm paying that much money for a piece of art it should at least be up to quality. I got a piece for $93.27 and it looked like a $10 piece of art I could've bought at the dollar store.

You can find these same pieces on any other site by a different company: Sears, Kmart, Walmart, Amazon, etc. at a much higher quality.

bigred2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigred2000

I purchased from this company a few months ago and the quality was terrible. It was a similar canvas art piece and the corners started to come apart. I will NEVER purchase from Art Wall again.

jono216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jono216

I'm in the same boat as kelly0519. bought a piece of their stuff and it was terrible quality. I was very sad as the starry night picture was going to complete our bedroom.

Please do yourself a favor and do not buy from ArtWall. nothing but heartache in the end.

jsaunde77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsaunde77

Yeesh, thanks for the warning guys. Been casually stalking the universe for a starry night for a while. I'll find something I can put my eyes on before purchase.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

icanvasart.com was where i got mine. pretty good quality.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jsaunde77 wrote:Yeesh, thanks for the warning guys. Been casually stalking the universe for a starry night for a while. I'll find something I can put my eyes on before purchase.

while we do encourage as much input from our community as possible and we love new folks to join in the conversation, keep in mind two of those posts came from folks who joined the site today, have no purchases from woot, and have never posted before.

maybe other purchasers can chime in? that would help a lot!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hyoleecow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyoleecow

I was going to add that as well. Out of the 3 bad reviews, two of them are from brand new users back to back. I find it a bit suspects -- not that I think Art Wall products are good or anything. I've never seen them.

Closest I can find in terms of review is Starry Night (poster only though - not on Canvas) on Amazon and it seems to have good review from a three legitimate reviews (users with other items in their review list): http://amzn.com/B009SZVI2C

hyoleecow

Actually, I found an equivalent: http://amzn.com/B009QNKXRM

Reviews are good. 5 stars and a 4 start. One that gave 1 start is because they received a wrong item...which isn't a review about the product at all. So over all, they seem okay.

I personally wouldn't purchase these. But if they sold the Sunflower one with "for Amy" on it... or even the canvas print of Tardis exploding...I would find it hard to resist.

kelly0519

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelly0519
hyoleecow wrote:I was going to add that as well. Out of the 3 bad reviews, two of them are from brand new users back to back. I find it a bit suspects -- not that I think Art Wall products are good or anything. I've never seen them.

Closest I can find in terms of review is Starry Night (poster only though - not on Canvas) on Amazon and it seems to have good review from a three legitimate reviews (users with other items in their review list): http://amzn.com/B009SZVI2C

As I had said before, I had purchased one of the Art Wall pieces from AMAZON, not from Woot. I just signed up for Woot today and saw the sale so I figured I would share my poor experience to prevent the same thing from happening to other people. I ordered "Japanese Tree by John Black" and there were several blemishes on the canvas and the colors looked nothing like they did online so it didn't even end up matching my dining room like I had hoped. Just seemed like a cheaply made product to me like I had said before. When I'm spending almost $100 I seriously expect better quality.

So while I did not purchase from Woot I did still purchase from Art Wall. The same company selling them on Woot.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kelly0519 wrote:As I had said before, I had purchased one of the Art Wall pieces from AMAZON, not from Woot. I just signed up for Woot today and saw the sale so I figured I would share my poor experience to prevent the same thing from happening to other people. I ordered "Japanese Tree by John Black" and there were several blemishes on the canvas and the colors looked nothing like they did online so it didn't even end up matching my dining room like I had hoped. Just seemed like a cheaply made product to me like I had said before. When I'm spending almost $100 I seriously expect better quality.

So while I did not purchase from Woot I did still purchase from Art Wall. The same company selling them on Woot.

thanks for coming back in with more feedback.

i apologize if i made you feel unwelcome.
as i said, we definitely want folks contributing information, regardless of their member status.

thanks for joining and being a part of the community!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hyoleecow

kelly0519 wrote:As I had said before, I had purchased one of the Art Wall pieces from AMAZON, not from Woot. I just signed up for Woot today and saw the sale so I figured I would share my poor experience to prevent the same thing from happening to other people. I ordered "Japanese Tree by John Black" and there were several blemishes on the canvas and the colors looked nothing like they did online so it didn't even end up matching my dining room like I had hoped. Just seemed like a cheaply made product to me like I had said before. When I'm spending almost $100 I seriously expect better quality.

I didn't direct my comments at you. I was more wondering about the two comments that followed. And you are right...I'm sure this is the exact same item as what's sold on Amazon anyway (besides, they are the same company now) and that when it costs as much as this for a canvas print, it should be worth what you paid for it and not subpar in anyway.

redspecial

quality posts: 5 Private Messages redspecial

Yeah, one hundred dollars and Van Gogh didn't even paint it! ;)

Would love one of the TARDIS exploding or the Sunflowers for Amy.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

are these giclees, painted by art students (or starving artists) or painted via "3D Tri-Brad construction by Kristoff" method?

If it is done by one of the last two, does it emulate the original artist's application of paint onto the canvas, including thickness, etc, given the original oil paints were applied in globs.

mikebwca

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikebwca
rehta wrote:Where's the one of the Tardis exploding? Hehehehehe

Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Poster-Exploding-Tardis/dp/B004CZAO28

I'll be ordering one...

kingkyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingkyne

Whats your thoughts on this? I am an inspired artist enthusiast. Will the quality be up to par with my tastes. is this a deal, or is this another bust.

lackofabox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lackofabox

Fair discount on the 48" x 36" (after shipping, 20% off Amazon and Overstock). Prices on the smaller prints are in line with other retailers.

Overstock appears to carry the same product, but the mfg. is not identified. Reviews are good.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/VanGogh-The-Mulberry-Tree-Wrapped-Canvas/7299666/product.html

Note that the "Almond Blossom - Red Interpretation" is a recolored version of the original. The original color is blue. I would hate to find out about that at a dinner party.

jono216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jono216
PemberDucky wrote:while we do encourage as much input from our community as possible and we love new folks to join in the conversation, keep in mind two of those posts came from folks who joined the site today, have no purchases from woot, and have never posted before.

maybe other purchasers can chime in? that would help a lot!

This is false because I have been a member for awhile and I have purchased goods from woot. So thanks for noticing

ThunderThighs

Staff

jono216 wrote:This is false because I have been a member for awhile and I have purchased goods from woot. So thanks for noticing

(she wasn't talking about you)

FORUM MODERATOR

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
ThunderThighs wrote:(she wasn't talking about you)

Isn't it funny the way people think you are talking about them when you clearly aren't but never get that you are talking to them when you clearly are.

craigthom

kingkyne wrote:Whats your thoughts on this? I am an inspired artist enthusiast. Will the quality be up to par with my tastes. is this a deal, or is this another bust.

Are prints your taste? My tastes run toward buying actual pieces of art, not pictures of them.

It often costs more, but not astronomically so if you look for local artists and galleries in part of town that is just beginning gentrification, if you town has that. Otherwise wherever art students and musicians hang out. That kind of thing.

craigthom

lwang wrote:given the original oil paints were applied in globs.

I wouldn't call them "globs" On some of his paintings (and Starry Night is one) it does look as if he painted with a trowel instead of a brush (or with a tube of paint, if paint had come in tubes back then), but they still make up strokes instead of globs.

I agree that the three-dimensionality of his paintings make them more impressive, but I'm not sure I'd want that faked on a print.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
craigthom wrote:I wouldn't call them "globs" On some of his paintings (and Starry Night is one) it does look as if he painted with a trowel instead of a brush (or with a tube of paint, if paint had come in tubes back then), but they still make up strokes instead of globs.

I agree that the three-dimensionality of his paintings make them more impressive, but I'm not sure I'd want that faked on a print.

then are these 'embellished', as many of limited series 'prints' are nowdays by the artists.

castropa531

quality posts: 0 Private Messages castropa531

Thank You for your post. Like many on here and Amazon, we look to input from people with experience and past history with the product they are commenting on or reviewing. While I give more credibility to the people that actually have a "verified purchase", I keep that info in my head when I make a decision to spend my money on something. Thank you for you input!